2017 Relationship And Dating Thread

I met this guy 3 years ago when i was travelling. We keep in touch but haven't seen each other since but we speak regularly.

he went away to Japan recently. we spoke before he left & after...he told me he bought me some things. super sweet since we haven't seen each other in 3 years. We decided that we will go away in the fall but let's link up prior. we both love to travel.

We don't live in the same country. I went to visit after his return from Japan. He In Philly. I'm in Toronto.

We had such an amazing time. He made all these fabulous plans. He bought me 2 beautiful dresses. He took good care of me. Absolute great weekend. Only thing..he wanted sex...i didn't want too. Not yet. Came back...it's been a week...haven't heard from this guy. SMH..

Dating is such a pain. I like/liked him too. Boooo. On to the next.

I'm still dating the same guy from August 2016... but no ring talk..

How do I force.. I mean get the conversation started.

I feel like falling alllllll the way back, re reading Men Don't Love Women Like You, and start dating someone else.

My ex (left him in 2015), called me last Friday to tell me the only thing missing in his life is me.

I told him he should have thought about that when he was wasting my time.
I wouldn't bring up any marriage talk unless it's been over a year, but I wouldn't be wasting my time dating only him either, especially since it seems your ultimate goal is to get married.

I matched with this guy on Tinder, 2 months ago. Not thinking anything of it, turns out he matched with me while he was on vacation in Miami visiting from NYC. Anyway we have been talking every day since then, hours on the phone. I feel such a connection to him and feel like he may be something serious. I love the attention he shows me. I haven't met him yet. I will meet him this Saturday. If that goes well I think we will be exclusive. *fingers crossed*

I'm pretty sure SO knows I'm annoyed with him. My mom gave me her truck as a Mother's Day gift since she brought herself a new Lexus and now all of a sudden his mustang needs all of these repairs and he's not sure it's going to drive back and for to work (an 1hr commute each way). He keeps dropping hints he wants to drive my 2016 Mazda since I have this truck now and I keep ignoring him. I'm not about to pay the car note and the insurance for someone else to basically drive my car which I know is what will end up happening.

I matched with this guy on Tinder, 2 months ago. Not thinking anything of it, turns out he matched with me while he was on vacation in Miami visiting from NYC. Anyway we have been talking every day since then, hours on the phone. I feel such a connection to him and feel like he may be something serious. I love the attention he shows me. I haven't met him yet. I will meet him this Saturday. If that goes well I think we will be exclusive. *fingers crossed*
Girl, I'm a tinder pro to let you know this bit of information. He is only there for entertainment or sex. If you are looking for something real (without the expectation of hooking-up or sex) tinder is not where you go.

He will be promising you the moon and stars if you let him (and believe him), but trust, he is on tinder for a reason to hookup. Even the half-decent guys want to hook-up, TRUST. They put on the relationship guise but at the end of the day, they only want sex.

I remember last year I matched with a very handsome half Haitian/half Italian guy, body for days if you're into fitness and muscle. Well anyway, we got to talking on the phone stage, and he told me out of his own mouth, that he only wanted to hookup and that all guys on there at the end of the day want to hookup and will pretend otherwise. He even told me as a warning to not believe the guy if they say they want more, because that's part of the "tinder hookup game".

I didn't believe him, and thought he was just being a "hater". Fast forward, I met 2 guys from tinder after him and they all wanted to do the same thing, but just pretended and lied to say they wanted a relationship because they knew decent woman wouldn't be down with just hooking up so the have to lie and say they want a relationship.

I also noticed must guys on tinder (over 30) got emotional and physical baggage which most women wouldn't consider a future mate anyway, so that's why they use tinder too.

One guy I know is married and use tinder exclusively to hook-up, smh.

Last edited:
Girl, I'm a tinder pro to let you know this bit of information. He is only there for entertainment or sex. If you are looking for something real (without the expectation of hooking-up or sex) tinder is not where you go.

He will be promising you the moon and stars if you let him (and believe him), but trust, he is on tinder for a reason to hookup. Even the half-decent guys want to hook-up, TRUST. They put on the relationship guise but at the end of the day, they only want sex.

I remember last year I matched with a very handsome half Haitian/half Italian guy, body for days if you're into fitness and muscle. Well anyway, we got to talking on the phone stage, and he told me out of his own mouth, that he only wanted to hookup and that all guys on there at the end of the day want to hookup and will pretend otherwise. He even told me as a warning to not believe the guy if they say they want more, because that's part of the "tinder hookup game".

I didn't believe him, and thought he was just being a "hater". Fast forward, I met 2 guys from tinder after him and they all wanted to do the same thing, but just pretended and lied to say they wanted a relationship because they knew decent woman wouldn't be down with just hooking up so the have to lie and say they want a relationship.

I also noticed must guys on tinder (over 30) got emotional and physical baggage which most women wouldn't consider a future mate anyway, so that's why they use tinder too.

One guy I know is married and use tinder exclusively to hook-up, smh.
Yeah Tinder is notorious for that, I'm not naive to that fact. I have had bad experiences on there but I also know some people who have found their mate on there surprisingly. I'm at a point in my life where I'm not shutting any door or opportunity to potentially find my mate.
I like this guy, haven't wanted to hold conversation on the phone with a guy for a minute. With him we talk for hours everytime. He is showing interest and seems serious. Only time will tell, I'm definitely not going to sleep with him so he can try all he wants. Thanks for sharing, I will keep my eyes open for sure

Last edited:
I have a bit of internet access.

It was raining in Jamaica, but we went off the boat anyway.

All 3 of the youngest couples that came with his family met online! We met on okcupid, his cousin/bf met on tinder and his bros bff/wife met on okcupid! They've been married for months. The tinder couple are religious...me and SO don't think they have sex lol.

I'm having a good time! I'll tell y'all about SO later

I have a bit of internet access.

It was raining in Jamaica, but we went off the boat anyway.

All 3 of the youngest couples that came with his family met online! We met on okcupid, his cousin/bf met on tinder and his bros bff/wife met on okcupid! They've been married for months. The tinder couple are religious...me and SO don't think they have sex lol.

I'm having a good time! I'll tell y'all about SO later
I definitely wanna hear about the Tinder couple :lachen:

How you meet on a site that's best known for hookups and not have sex?

SO gets on my nerves majority of the time but I love when he makes up for it. I had no idea he made plans for us this weekend to go out of town and already called his mom to dog sit and grandma to pick my son up from school. Looks like this is a short work week for me now but I'm not complaining.

How old are ya'll?

Over 30?

Yes... late 30's at that!

I wonder if the location matters. Don't get me wrong, I think most guys on these sites want to screw but, there was only one dude that made it obvious that he just wanted to screw... he didn't say it but, the unsolicited half Nekkid pics said it for him.

Also... I hate Tinder... I actually hate online dating... I was trying to get a hefty rotation. My rotation included guys that I met in person as well as online.

Last edited:
Yes... late 30's at that!

I wonder if the location matters. Don't get me wrong, I think most guys on these sites want to screw but, there was only one dude that made it obvious that he just wanted to screw... he didn't say it but, the unsolicited half Nekkid pics said it for him.

Also... I hate Tinder... I actually hate online dating... I was trying to get a hefty rotation. My rotation included guys that I met in person as well as online.
lol.gif
lol.gif
girl I get it...but I would say it's the intentions of the person searching and not so much the guy of what you are looking for on tinder or any "hookup" app/website.

If you have the mind-set of meeting someone for a long-term relationship/marriage mentality on there, then you will get horribly disappointed, but if you go on there with low-no expectation, you might be surprised and actually have a relationship.

Last edited:
He keeps asking me would I marry him and where do I see us in x amount of years and how serious am I about him. Dude what? It's been four months.
Maybe he sees something he likes and wanna lock it down:lachen:

The guy I'm dating (yea I know, I have a lot of issues :lachen: I'm working on them) tells me he wanna take it slow, but I'm full speed ahead *facepalm* :look: Ironically, it feels like I'm learning more now with this young cat then I've learned in all my years of dating. I've never actually "dated" a person before. It has always been we talk for a little bit, then *boom* I'm in a relationship. He's so calm it's scary sometimes lmao. I'm giving this exclusive dating thing a chance for a while. This is really hard for me, since I've never done it before.

I find I have to "woosah" quite a bit. He's the first person that I want to be patient and not wanna dump at the first sign of trouble. He says that he has feelings for me, but it's too early for them. I told him "it's never too early :look::lachen:maybe it's because I'm d*ckmatized

My bad, I went on a tangent :giggle:

Maybe he sees something he likes and wanna lock it down:lachen:
If he's smart, he does. :lol:

The other night we were hanging out andhe started talking to me about how he's afraid of marriage, then he says "But I think you'll be the one to change my mind." :rolleyes:

Then later that night, mid-coloring, he says "I want to spend the rest of my life with you." In hindsight, I don't know if he was talking to me or to Miss Kitty.

Btw you keep talking about how young your guy is but I definitely thought you were my age (mid 20's) which would have to make him barely legal.

If he's smart, he does. :lol:

The other night we were hanging out andhe started talking to me about how he's afraid of marriage, then he says "But I think you'll be the one to change my mind." :rolleyes:

Then later that night, mid-coloring, he says "I want to spend the rest of my life with you." In hindsight, I don't know if he was talking to me or to Miss Kitty.

Btw you keep talking about how young your guy is but I definitely thought you were my age (mid 20's) which would have to make him barely legal.
:lachen::lachen::lachen:

And my guy is 24. Definitely more than barely legal :lol:

Back