2017 Relationship And Dating Thread

I am forthrightly happy with my choice :2inlove:
I've learned that any person can say they feel a certain way about you
But someone who REALLY cares will show you every chance they get.

The entrepreneur Grant Cardone once said something in an audio book I don't think I will ever forget. It definitely wasn't a relationship book but he was talking about his wife and why he married her. He said something along the lines of "I'm a very intense person and she's not and that's why we work well together".
I'm a very intense person and for a while I dated equally intense people. I admired them but couldn't see a long term relationship. With SO, I can literally see forever in his eyes.

So not that anyone asked me, but for birth control purposes I actually chart my fertility. I've been doing so for about seven months and the girl has had great success. I've even learned some things about myself I never knew. I highly recommend but it is a discipline.

This the second go round as a couple and it has been nothing but amazing. We are both committed to making it work this time. We work hard on communicating about every thing. I am not happy about everything he has to share and I am sure he sometimes feels the same. But we are open to hear each other out. We have a great time with each other and have been able to lean on each other through rough patches with health, jobs and family recently. He has been my support and strength especially now with the recent fall out of my relationship with my sister. He makes me feel like I am no longer alone in this world. God is my Rock and he is my friend that holds my hand. My tangible sign of God's love and support to me. I pray that I am the same for him.

Everyone hits them. Good to hit it early to see how he reacts. Is it something you can share?
Basically I said something he didn't like and he thought I was trying to goad him into an argument. I think he overreacted. I explained to him that I wasn't trying to start anything, that I genuinely was trying to understand what he meant when he said something else. He just really went left. (Nothing violent and we really didnt even raise our voices) I kinda thought at first he was just using that as an excuse to breakup with me because of the things I'm going through right now. But he said he didn't want to break things off.
So I'm just cautiously wading right now.

This the second go round as a couple and it has been nothing but amazing. We are both committed to making it work this time. We work hard on communicating about every thing. I am not happy about everything he has to share and I am sure he sometimes feels the same. But we are open to hear each other out. We have a great time with each other and have been able to lean on each other through rough patches with health, jobs and family recently. He has been my support and strength especially now with the recent fall out of my relationship with my sister. He makes me feel like I am no longer alone in this world. God is my Rock and he is my friend that holds my hand. My tangible sign of God's love and support to me. I pray that I am the same for him.
Sis that was so beautifully written.

Basically I said something he didn't like and he thought I was trying to goad him into an argument. I think he overreacted. I explained to him that I wasn't trying to start anything, that I genuinely was trying to understand what he meant when he said something else. He just really went left. (Nothing violent and we really didnt even raise our voices) I kinda thought at first he was just using that as an excuse to breakup with me because of the things I'm going through right now. But he said he didn't want to break things off.
So I'm just cautiously wading right now.
I hear you. That first taste of conflict always feels so...disconcerting. Especially if things have been going really well.

The escape room was fun, but I didn't realize how much I dislike puzzles and riddles! My goodness, I'm mentally lazy af! :lol: We made it through the first part, but not the last part. It was interesting. It's hard tho lol. The place we went to is located in Power Plant, in the venue that the old Baltimore Comedy Factory was in.

We visited my parents today before we left Baltimore. That was his first time to my parents' house.

We're going to his dad's house next weekend for dinner. He doesn't like his dad's wife. ...I've never seen them really interact, so this should be interesting. From what he tells me, the reasons he don't like her are petty AFFFFffff! :look:

His dad's wife wasn't even at dinner with us! She came home after we were done eating. She said hi, but left the basement soon after lol.

It was a cool netflix and chill evening. We ordered Ledo's and watched Boss Baby. Yes, a 55yr and 28 yr old man and 27yr old woman sat in a basement watching Boss Baby :lachen: SO chose the movie lmao. his dad had watched it earlier with the 5mo old niece/granddaughter and thought it was cute lol. It had a few funny parts for adults.

Yea, his brother and neice (5mo) and nephew (almost 2yrs) were there when we arrived. Of course. They're always at grandmas and grandpas! Lol. SO always asks so many questions about child development when we're around them. It annoys me :look: it's also annoying because they cry a lot and SO sometimes thinks it's funny when they cry so they're crying and SO is laughing and shouting over their cries to ask questions -_- meanwhile their parents look stressed out. Especially his brother lol. When I first met his bro, his wife was still pregnant with the 5mo old, and he seems like a completely different person now. He used to be so lively...he's like a zombie now every time we see him :lachen:

Is it only if the guy is big? What about medium peens? Still hurts?
It's more so the angle than the size. If it hits your cervix it can be felt. I can't feel my strings if I try with fingers but DH can still feel them and it's been almost 4 years.

The bf really gets on my nerves sometimes but he's a good guy and he seems to be really into me. He told me that he loves my attitude and my craziness and I'm just like

tumblr_inline_molmj3r25k1qz4rgp.gif

My friend just got back from her 1yr anniversary trip. Her husband proposed again and got her a new ring. It's an uncut, raw diamond and I love it! I'd never seen one before. These are much more my style than regdeg cut stones. I told SO :) these are a gazillion times cheaper than the 1 i liked from Jared, so he's thrilled about that lol, but I don't think he likes the look lol. He said "oh...you like those?" :lol: I've only seen them with online vendors, but ima try to find a lil store that sells them, so I can make sure I actually like them on my hand.

He also said "you get on my nerves" due to me wanting to explore other options now lol.

I'm moving into a new apartment today and he works on Saturday so I didn't ask him to help me. I didn't want him to worry about trying to take off. So when we were taking about earlier this week I told him how I had other people moving my stuff. He told me to cancel with them because he was gonna take off so he could do it :-). And he's said he's gonna stay the night with me tonight since it's my first night in the new apartment.....:naughtycouch:

Going to Miami this weekend to celebrate his bday :2inlove: He's going to Greece in 3 weeks for his friend's 40th bday. A bunch of his friends and their wives are spending a week there... he asked me to go with him a few weeks ago, but I said no thinking it was too soon. Now I'm kicking myself :cry:

So not that anyone asked me, but for birth control purposes I actually chart my fertility. I've been doing so for about seven months and the girl has had great success. I've even learned some things about myself I never knew. I highly recommend but it is a discipline.

I use to do this, and this method is very effective (and fun). You and your partner must practice control and discipline together for it to work.

I'm still dating the same guy from August 2016... but no ring talk..

How do I force.. I mean get the conversation started.

I feel like falling alllllll the way back, re reading Men Don't Love Women Like You, and start dating someone else.

My ex (left him in 2015), called me last Friday to tell me the only thing missing in his life is me.

I told him he should have thought about that when he was wasting my time.

@yaya24

Curious: Would you consider taking him back? How was the relationship? Reason for breakup? It it was all good, I'd keep him in my back pocket and let him know that the only way you'd go back is if he proposed with a [nice] ring :) and then he has to court you blah blah blah. That way you're keeping your options open just like your SO is. Tips on initiating the convo is always tough and I'm sure the ladies can chime in.

@qchelle

Einh *shrug* I'm not a diamond girl anyway.

Back