2017 Relationship And Dating Thread

SO suggested we go look at vanities for my bathroom at Lowe's, so we did that after we ate. This is 1 of my requirements...a new vanity in my bathroom. I picked a really nice one. He also bought a peephole and a sensor light for the front. Also my requirements (how you don't have a peephole on your door? Smh). He's supposed to have them installed this week. Cool.

Installed! :yay:

No, I don't want a shower. And probably no engagement party either. I'm ok with a reception tho. The idea of everyone gathering to celebrate my marriage is also unappealing to me lol, but I'll have a reception. So the families can meet each other in case they need to be in contact one day. An 'Exchange contact information' reception :lol: i told SO don't be surprised if i leave early :lol: :look:

I hate the standard reception setting where the bride and groom sit at the front of the room, like the royal party, away from everyone, and the guests come up to them to talk throughout the evening, like peasants :lol:

Me and SO have talked about having a cookout style reception...or pot luck and we'll provide the weed and alcohol :lol:

I feel exactly the same as you. I'm just trying to come up with alternative ideas atm. The thought of a traditional wedding makes me feel itchy and it has never appealed to me.

Being the center of attention in that way sounds terrible, doesn't it? I'm with you. Why are people waiting in anticipation for us to kiss? Lol.

The idea of that first dance with everyone staring at you ugh. Makes me shudder.

My ideal event would be a party with family and friends. Like a bigger family reunion essentially. I love the idea of everyone coming together to celebrate you. If there's any actual ceremony, I like the idea of a private one with immediate family + a very small group of friends, if it must happen. Yeah that traditional wedding spiel wouldn't happen either.

Are you gonna skip wedding showers? Is that possible? I hate opening gifts in front of everyone and watching other people do it. It is so tedious. Lingerie shower? Another no for me. Now an engagement party sounds fun, especially if you can skip the gift opening part.

See that's what I want as well but that's where all the money goes. The ceremony is the cheap part lol. I'm in this gray area of do I really want to spend all this money on one day or would I rather do a DW/honeymoon type-thing?

See that's what I want as well but that's where all the money goes. The ceremony is the cheap part lol. I'm in this gray area of do I really want to spend all this money on one day or would I rather do a DW/honeymoon type-thing?
True.

But it is cheaper if you don't have a formal reception and select a cheaper venue. If you are going to spend the money, do what you want.

Also you'll save money buy skipping the expensive wedding dress, buying stuff for the wedding party, makeup artist, hair styling etc. Well you still might use the latter but I bet it will be cheaper.

True.

But it is cheaper if you don't have a formal reception and select a cheaper venue. If you are going to spend the money, do what you want.

Also you'll save money buy skipping the expensive wedding dress, buying stuff for the wedding party, makeup artist, hair styling etc. Well you still might use the latter but I bet it will be cheaper.

Yeah. I'm already like nope, nope, nope on several "tradition" things.

Aaaaand I found the paper receipt in his nightstand :lol: this guy....does not care LMAO.

Don't ask me how I know :look: but he's picking up the ring tomorrow. He said he "needs some 'me' time so he's gonna go look at running shoes" :rofl: that's the best you can come up with?! Wth does that even mean :lol:

I heard/saw him tell someone that he'll probably propose next month. If he's leaving receipts in his nightstand :lol: I wonder if he's gonna let his mom or dad hold the ring until he proposes. That would be smart of him.....we'll see if he's that smart or not. I don't have high hopes :lol:

And I don't think he knows that I know anything at all. He's still talking about 'when he's gonna buy the ring' :lol: like ok.

I just found another receipt for the mounting. The first receipt was for the diamond. I'm thinking it took a month to get the mounting sized. He purchased the mounting on Monday...this is when I thought he was picking up the ring. But I guess they couldn't set the diamond in it right then, cuz he's going back to pick up the finished product today. Don't ask me how I know :look: but he straight up told me he has to go to the general area where the jared is for an errand today lol. (<<That's not how I know)

When I saw the first receipt, I was kinda like huh? Cuz the price was a bit less costly than the one I picked out. So i was like aww ok lol. But the receipt for the mounting makes it the same price as the one I picked out :Dyay it's the same one! I was hoping it would be!

I just found another receipt for the mounting. The first receipt was for the diamond. I'm thinking it took a month to get the mounting sized. He purchased the mounting on Monday...this is when I thought he was picking up the ring. But I guess they couldn't set the diamond in it right then, cuz he's going back to pick up the finished product today. Don't ask me how I know :look: but he straight up told me he has to go to the general area where the jared is for an errand today lol. (<<That's not how I know)

When I saw the first receipt, I was kinda like huh? Cuz the price was a bit less costly than the one I picked out. So i was like aww ok lol. But the receipt for the mounting makes it the same price as the one I picked out :Dyay it's the same one! I was hoping it would be!

One of his friends proposed to his lady last weekend. And his bff is going with him today to get the ring. His bff is freaking out lol cuz there friend group is starting to get married, so he said he wants to "see what's it's like" (re: looking at rings).

No, I'm not supposed to know this, but SO is dumb :look: that's not an insult btw! Lol

My bf told me his friends have been wondering where he's been at. I told him to tell them "don't worry about it" :lol:.

Things are going good. We both want to better our eating habit and become more consistent in the gym, but honestly, I am not that motivated. The problem is that I think he's looking at me like I'm going to be the driving force, when this time around I'm feeling like the lazy one.ht,

Maybe once we get the ball rolling we'll make some progress. I thought that maybe we should start by doing some cooking tonight. I haven't suggested it to him as of yet.

I'm at a baby shower that is setup like an engagement party. We're at a hall where they're taking professional pictures of the guests and theres a slideshow of the baby momma and daddy on a large screen.

Maybe they are engaged or he's gonna propose tonight :look:

My mom and the baby daddy's mom are friends. Me and ol' boy had one date a couple years ago. It was fun, but he wasn't the one so we fell off. We made a pact to never tell our parents about it so they don't get in our business :look:

I hope the food is good.

I'm at a baby shower that is setup like an engagement party. We're at a hall where they're taking professional pictures of the guests and theres a slideshow of the baby momma and daddy on a large screen.

My mom and the baby daddy's mom are friends. Me and ol' boy had one date a couple years ago. It was fun, but he wasn't the one so we fell off. We made a pact to never tell our parents about it so they don't get in our business :look:

I hope the food is good.

I see an engagement ring in the slideshow photos. Yay (?). Why this fool tried to deflect when I congratulated him last week? Whateva. I'm just here for the cake.

I do wish mama and baby health and happiness :yep:

I hope the food is good.

Ooh lawd, the grandmother of the baby lamented to me about them not waiting to get married. My momma just told me that neither of them are employed. Got the elders in here like Ray J's granny :cry3:

*I wish there was a random thoughts thread :look:

Ooh lawd, the grandmother of the baby lamented to me about them not waiting to get married. My momma just told me that neither of them are employed. Got the elders in here like Ray J's granny :cry3:

*I wish there was a random thoughts thread :look:

Wait, so that wasn't an engagement ring? How was the food? Lol.

The venue we looked at was nice but it's not happening. On to the next one.

Wedding planning can be stressful cause other people make it stressful with all their "you have to this" and " traditionally at a wedding you do that" and "you're supposed to do this".

There will be a lot of "I said what I said" moments.

Wait, so that wasn't an engagement ring? How was the food? Lol.

The venue we looked at was nice but it's not happening. On to the next one.

Wedding planning can be stressful cause other people make it stressful with all their "you have to this" and " traditionally at a wedding you do that" and "you're supposed to do this".

There will be a lot of "I said what I said" moments.

I think they are, but I'm not sure. I asked the baby father's mom if they are and she said "why? you know something that I don't? :look: I told her that I assumed they're engaged because she's wearing a ring in one of the slideshow pics. That's when mama went into a rant about her not waiting until marriage. I never got a definitive answer, but I'm going to assume they are :look:

The food was bad and I also ended up helping to serve. I ain't gonna complain about that because I came just for a slice of cake so I wasn't as trife as I was aiming to be :lol:

Congratulations btw!

I think they are, but I'm not sure. I asked the baby father's mom if they are and she said "why? you know something that I don't? :look: I told her that I assumed they're engaged because she's wearing a ring in one of the slideshow pics. That's when mama went into a rant about her not waiting until marriage. I never got a definitive answer, but I'm going to assume they are :look:

The food was bad and I also ended up helping to serve. I ain't gonna complain about that because I came just for a slice of cake so I wasn't as trife as I was aiming to be :lol:

Congratulations btw!

Lol. Awkward.

My cousin's girlfriend is pregnant. About a month ago my uncle (not his dad) , in front of everyone at the family reunion, said they were engaged. Then had to quickly retract his statement. Awwkkwwaarrddd.

He proposed to her (and her daughter from a previous relationship) last week at his Bday party. I wonder if that was the plan originally. Hmm...

And thank ya!

Lol. Awkward.

My cousin's girlfriend is pregnant. About a month ago my uncle (not his dad) , in front of everyone at the family reunion, said they were engaged. Then had to quickly retract his statement. Awwkkwwaarrddd.

He proposed to her (and her daughter from a previous relationship) last week at his Bday party. I wonder if that was the plan originally. Hmm...

And thank ya!

Wowwwwww!! Sheesh lol

And yes, congratulations to you!

It twas a good weekend. Boyfriend and I just chilled. We had sushi for dinner Saturday night since we are both cutting back on the high calorie greasy foods. We went back to my place and damned near passed out. We were both exhausted. I think we had sex before bed. I was too tired to remember :lol: The next morning we did a supermarket run and made breakfast together. It was fun (and delicious). He spent half the time dancing around the kitchen and molesting me. He was extra touchy this weekend for some reason. I think me feeling more laid back about us helped him to relax. Although, he is naturally affectionate.

He came out of nowhere and told me that we need to make a trip to the mall. Nothing serious, he's just dying to buy me some Jordan's (he's a sneaker head) and an ironing board. We will talk about the ironing thing another time :look: I don't own one and it frustrates the **** out of him. Ah well :shrug:

I am meeting his family on Labor day. I keep going from excited to nervous to excited back to nervous. We are going for family lunch. I'm really starting to like this dude :lol:

It twas a good weekend. Boyfriend and I just chilled. We had sushi for dinner Saturday night since we are both cutting back on the high calorie greasy foods. We went back to my place and damned near passed out. We were both exhausted. I think we had sex before bed. I was too tired to remember :lol: The next morning we did a supermarket run and made breakfast together. It was fun (and delicious). He spent half the time dancing around the kitchen and molesting me. He was extra touchy this weekend for some reason. I think me feeling more laid back about us helped him to relax. Although, he is naturally affectionate.

He came out of nowhere and told me that we need to make a trip to the mall. Nothing serious, he's just dying to buy me some Jordan's (he's a sneaker head) and an ironing board. We will talk about the ironing thing another time :look: I don't own one and it frustrates the **** out of him. Ah well :shrug:

I am meeting his family on Labor day. I keep going from excited to nervous to excited back to nervous. We are going for family lunch. I'm really starting to like this dude :lol:

Omg same about the ironing thing! I don't own 1 either and it frustrates SO :lol: glad he's buying you one :lol:

I'm excited for you to meet his family! Can't wait to hear how it goes!

I'm re-watching Grey's from the beginning. Derek is being an ******* with this relationship with Meredith.

Aaaaand I found the paper receipt in his nightstand :lol: this guy....does not care LMAO.

I heard/saw him tell someone that he'll probably propose next month. If he's leaving receipts in his nightstand :lol: I wonder if he's gonna let his mom or dad hold the ring until he proposes. That would be smart of him.....we'll see if he's that smart or not. I don't have high hopes :lol:

Aaaand I found the ring. In his nightstand! What is wrong with him? Smh I wasn't even looking for it! (was looking for something else) I knew he wasn't that smart :lol:

I'm telling y'all this cuz I can't tell anyone else lol.

lol I don't know how you are going to manage to act surprised. It's like he didn't even try to hide anything on purpose

I know right :lol: he's terrible at hiding stuff...he's perfect for me :love: :lol:

I'm a good actress. I pretend to like people and like things that I dislike doing everyday! :lol: I'll act surprised. It's the least I can do to repay him for leaving the door wide open on this for me :lol: He's just the best :love:

This is assuming the ring is for me and he actually proposes lmao. Nothing surprises me anymore lol.

I know right :lol: he's terrible at hiding stuff...he's perfect for me :love: :lol:

I'm a good actress. I pretend to like people and like things that I dislike doing everyday! :lol: I'll act surprised. It's the least I can do to repay him for leaving the door wide open on this for me :lol: He's just the best :love:

This is assuming the ring is for me and he actually proposes lmao. Nothing surprises me anymore lol.
giphy.gif

You know that's your ring!!!

Um can a sister get an invite to the event since we are so close to each other????

Back