2017 Relationship And Dating Thread

Getting ready to kick his ass in these games at Dave and Busters tonight and he dont even know it.

tenor.gif

I did my homework on his computer yesterday and he was still logged in to something when I opened his computer. I saw the receipt from Jared :look: oops (was it oops tho?lol) He bought the ring a few days before I made this^^^post. Great minds, SO, great minds lol.

Hopefully he'll use it before the damn year is over. But ill be a lil nicer to him now that I know he actually bought it lol.

Aaaaand I found the paper receipt in his nightstand :lol: this guy....does not care LMAO.

Don't ask me how I know :look: but he's picking up the ring tomorrow. He said he "needs some 'me' time so he's gonna go look at running shoes" :rofl: that's the best you can come up with?! Wth does that even mean :lol:

I heard/saw him tell someone that he'll probably propose next month. If he's leaving receipts in his nightstand :lol: I wonder if he's gonna let his mom or dad hold the ring until he proposes. That would be smart of him.....we'll see if he's that smart or not. I don't have high hopes :lol:

And I don't think he knows that I know anything at all. He's still talking about 'when he's gonna buy the ring' :lol: like ok.

Aaaaand I found the paper receipt in his nightstand :lol: this guy....does not care LMAO.

Don't ask me how I know :look: but he's picking up the ring tomorrow. He said he "needs some 'me' time so he's gonna go look at running shoes" :rofl: that's the best you can come up with?! Wth does that even mean :lol:

I heard/saw him tell someone that he'll probably propose next month. If he's leaving receipts in his nightstand :lol: I wonder if he's gonna let his mom or dad hold the ring until he proposes. That would be smart of him.....we'll see if he's that smart or not. I don't have high hopes :lol:

And I don't think he knows that I know anything at all. He's still talking about 'when he's gonna buy the ring' :lol: like ok.

I'm having a lot of fun with this running shoe thing :lol: I keep asking him about them. He's going to get a new phone today. I asked if I can go with him. He said sure babe. Then I asked if I can go look at running shoes with him and he didn't say anything :lol: so I changed the subject :lol:

That's cute. Men lol.

Unrelated side bar: I wish the wedding section was more active.

I'm so excited for you! Have you thought about what kind of wedding you want, or if you want one at all? Honeymoon location?

I work in tech and something I find disturbing came up. 3 different people mentioned how every man in tech in my new city is trying to have sex with me(community is tight knit). It makes it seem like some kind of challenge. It makes me feel....like a commodity and wonder if these guys are trying to get to know me or are trying to just have sex with me. It feels very hostile.

Well don't get excited yet, he hasn't proposed :lol: but thanks! No, I don't want a wedding at all. He's fine with that. He mentioned Bali for a possible honeymoon location, but I haven't really thought about that yet.

I'm glad that there are more of us out there (women who don't want weddings)! I have less than zero desire for one and my boyfriend is ok with that, but he's worried that everyone is going to blame him for not giving me a wedding :giggle:. I told him just worry about keeping me happy, not everyone else. I prefer that we spend that money on a house down payment, investments, and a nice honeymoon. Plus I have a super large family that would make planning difficult and stressful.

I'm glad that there are more of us out there (women who don't want weddings)! I have less than zero desire for one and my boyfriend is ok with that, but he's worried that everyone is going to blame him for not giving me a wedding :giggle:. I told him just worry about keeping me happy, not everyone else. I prefer that we spend that money on a house down payment, investments, and a nice honeymoon. Plus I have a super large family that would make planning difficult and stressful.

I thought I wanted one now I'm adding up costs like ehhhh idk. We're going to look at a venue this weekend and then we'll get some real numbers. If only I could hit the lotto.

It's so funny you mention that, cuz just yesterday I told my mom I wasn't having a wedding to prepare her. I told my SO I also don't want her blaming him lol.

But yea I'm an introvert and don't like being the center of attention. And the idea of weddings is so unappealing to me. Paying for people to stare at you walking and kissing. Ridiculous :lol: and yes, the stress of the planning... people routinely say "I'll be glad when it's over" so, why are you doing it in the first place? :spinning:Its not like it's an investment.. like a PhD program or being pregnant...all you're getting when its over is fb pictures and a large bill. ??? So weird. My primary dislike of weddings isn't how expensive they are, but everything else.

(Wearing a white dress when you've been having sex since HS, or worse, have kids lmao. Being given away by someone to someone else, even more ridiculous when you've been out of your parents house for years. Having the bolier plate bible reading of wives submit to your husbands when you make more money than him and always will or equally contribute. It's all just so ****** stupid :lol: )

My mom is so upset that I won't be having a wedding :lol: I can see that she'll be trying to convince me up until the courthouse date :lol: 1 particularly hilarious argument she had was: your family in NC would love to go to a wedding! :lachen: yo. Why do I care? I don't even know them like that :lol: I didn't say this. I just nodded and smiled throughout her ranting and hyperventilating. Oh another gem: you can have a nice wedding at your father's church, we know lots of ministers :rofl: i haven't been to that church in 20yrs yrs, woman.

Can someone explain the fascination with white wedding dresses? Why do people get emotional and say things like "omg you look so beautiful". Like...its a white dress. ??? What's the big deal? :lol:

I def don't want to wear white. I look better in bold, bright colors.

I swear I'm not salty :lol: I've had these same views since childhood.

Can someone explain the fascination with white wedding dresses? Why do people get emotional and say things like "omg you look so beautiful". Like...its a white dress. ??? What's the big deal? :lol:

On wedding wire forums (which is one of thee most catty, entitled, basic places on the internet) there was a thread where people posted their non-white wedding dresses. I liked some of them. They were different. One looked like a spring themed tablecloth but a few were nice lol

It's so funny you mention that, cuz just yesterday I told my mom I wasn't having a wedding to prepare her. I told my SO I also don't want her blaming him lol.

But yea I'm an introvert and don't like being the center of attention. And the idea of weddings is so unappealing to me. Paying for people to stare at you walking and kissing. Ridiculous :lol: and yes, the stress of the planning... people routinely say "I'll be glad when it's over" so, why are you doing it in the first place? :spinning:Its not like it's an investment.. like a PhD program or being pregnant...all you're getting when its over is fb pictures and a large bill. ??? So weird. My primary dislike of weddings isn't how expensive they are, but everything else.

(Wearing a white dress when you've been having sex since HS, or worse, have kids lmao. Being given away by someone to someone else, even more ridiculous when you've been out of your parents house for years. Having the bolier plate bible reading of wives submit to your husbands when you make more money than him and always will or equally contribute. It's all just so ****** stupid :lol: )

My mom is so upset that I won't be having a wedding :lol: I can see that she'll be trying to convince me up until the courthouse date :lol: 1 particularly hilarious argument she had was: your family in NC would love to go to a wedding! :lachen: yo. Why do I care? I don't even know them like that :lol: I didn't say this. I just nodded and smiled throughout her ranting and hyperventilating. Oh another gem: you can have a nice wedding at your father's church, we know lots of ministers :rofl: i haven't been to that church in 20yrs yrs, woman.

I'm not really in this thread yet :look: but I just want to say that for me, I want a wedding because I love an excuse to throw a big fancy party, get dolled up, be the center of attention, listen to people say nice things about me, and get nice presents. I threw myself a big graduation party and spent all kinds of money last year for this very reason.

As far as the traditions not making sense, I don't really care. We probably won't read the submission verses and my dad probably won't walk me down the aisle. He'll be lucky if he makes it to the wedding period. I consider myself still a member of the white dress club. I'm pretty chill about following tradition for tradition's sake. Like it's a celebration, not a statement on societal values or whether or not I endorse the traditions I'm following. That's just me though. I get why others might not agree.

I'm not really in this thread yet :look: but I just want to say that for me, I want a wedding because I love an excuse to throw a big fancy party, get dolled up, be the center of attention, listen to people say nice things about me, and get nice presents. I threw myself a big graduation party and spent all kinds of money last year for this very reason.

As far as the traditions not making sense, I don't really care. We probably won't read the submission verses and my dad probably won't walk me down the aisle. He'll be lucky if he makes it to the wedding period. I consider myself still a member of the white dress club. I'm pretty chill about following tradition for tradition's sake. Like it's a celebration, not a statement on societal values or whether or not I endorse the traditions I'm following. That's just me though. I get why others might not agree.

This is a good view to have :lol: your mother will be proud lol

I remember pics from your graduation party!

This is a good view to have :lol: your mother will be proud lol

I remember pics from your graduation party!

Yeah, I love to plan a party. I'm always trying to throw a surprise bday party or graduation party for someone.

Trust me, my mom will not care 1 iota either way. That woman is the most unwomanly, unmotherly person I know. I respect and love her, but that's the truth.

I think mine will most likely be red if I ever get married.

Nah, I'm not having a big wedding. It's so much more stress and I don't even want to deal with an invite list. I would rather elope with my husband and I. Have him spend that $$$ on my ring and honeymoon. And my dress. I will ALWAYS look fabulous :lol:

I also like having this air of mystery around me... I want people to figure it out on their own that I'm married and let it spread via word of mouth.

Nah, I'm not having a big wedding. It's so much more stress and I don't even want to deal with an invite list. I would rather elope with my husband and I. Have him spend that $$$ on my ring and honeymoon. And my dress. I will ALWAYS look fabulous :lol:

I also like having this air of mystery around me... I want people to figure it out on their own that I'm married and let it spread via word of mouth.

Same

This. I already put a bug in SOs ear that I would rather elope.

I also don't want a wedding. I mean I also don't have a boyfriend, but that's beside the point. I don't want all of that attention, don't want to be stressed out planning. I'd rather get a cute dress, go to the courthouse, maybe go out to eat afterwards, and split a cupcake. What I care about is the honeymoon

Being the center of attention in that way sounds terrible, doesn't it? I'm with you. Why are people waiting in anticipation for us to kiss? Lol.

The idea of that first dance with everyone staring at you ugh. Makes me shudder.

My ideal event would be a party with family and friends. Like a bigger family reunion essentially. I love the idea of everyone coming together to celebrate you. If there's any actual ceremony, I like the idea of a private one with immediate family + a very small group of friends, if it must happen. Yeah that traditional wedding spiel wouldn't happen either.

Are you gonna skip wedding showers? Is that possible? I hate opening gifts in front of everyone and watching other people do it. It is so tedious. Lingerie shower? Another no for me. Now an engagement party sounds fun, especially if you can skip the gift opening part.

I've been planning my wedding since I was 6. White dress. Church. Museum reception. Dancing with my father. A string quartet and a DJ. Black tie. The whole nine yards.

I love parties and dressing up and hanging out with my friends and presents.

Under no circumstances do I think the wedding is the main focus of a relationship or marriage, but I'm still going to do it.

I think eloping is super cute and courthouse wedding photos are some of my favorites. Everyone should get what they want.

Being the center of attention in that way sounds terrible, doesn't it? I'm with you. Why are people waiting in anticipation for us to kiss? Lol.

The idea of that first dance with everyone staring at you ugh. Makes me shudder.

My ideal event would be a party with family and friends. Like a bigger family reunion essentially. I love the idea of everyone coming together to celebrate you. If there's any actual ceremony, I like the idea of a private one with immediate family + a very small group of friends, if it must happen. Yeah that traditional wedding spiel wouldn't happen either.

Are you gonna skip wedding showers? Is that possible? I hate opening gifts in front of everyone and watching other people do it. It is so tedious. Lingerie shower? Another no for me. Now an engagement party sounds fun, especially if you can skip the gift opening part.

No, I don't want a shower. And probably no engagement party either. I'm ok with a reception tho. The idea of everyone gathering to celebrate my marriage is also unappealing to me lol, but I'll have a reception. So the families can meet each other in case they need to be in contact one day. An 'Exchange contact information' reception :lol: i told SO don't be surprised if i leave early :lol: :look:

I hate the standard reception setting where the bride and groom sit at the front of the room, like the royal party, away from everyone, and the guests come up to them to talk throughout the evening, like peasants :lol:

Me and SO have talked about having a cookout style reception...or pot luck and we'll provide the weed and alcohol :lol:

No, I don't want a shower. And probably no engagement party either. I'm ok with a reception tho. The idea of everyone gathering to celebrate my marriage is also unappealing to me lol, but I'll have a reception. So the families can meet each other in case they need to be in contact one day. An 'Exchange contact information' reception :lol: i told SO don't be surprised if i leave early :lol: :look:

I hate the standard reception setting where the bride and groom sit at the front of the room, like the royal party, away from everyone, and the guests come up to them to talk throughout the evening, like peasants :lol:

Me and SO have talked about having a cookout style reception...or pot luck and we'll provide the weed and alcohol :lol:
Yes I love the idea of a cookout/bbq. No sitting at a head table or anything. Noooo!

Why are we so alike? :lol:

I refuse to let you have a potluck though :lol:. Find a black caterer to bbq and fry fish, or prepare whatever you want to eat. Notice I included fried fish - someone always wants that you know lol.

Yes I love the idea of a cookout/bbq. No sitting at a head table or anything. Noooo!

Why are we so alike? :lol:

I refuse to let you have a potluck though :lol:. Find a black caterer to bbq and fry fish, or prepare whatever you want to eat. Notice I included fried fish - someone always wants that you know lol.

I like that idea!

Back