2017 Relationship And Dating Thread

:lol: Seriously. It's only day 2 for me and I'm already over it. Everything feels so...predictable. But I guess that's a welcomed change from dealing with mercurial dudes.

I miss my phone going off and waking up to at least 3 different good morning text messages. :(
Funny enough, I realized that the medication I'm on has made me especially moody...so maybe it's not him. Maybe. :look:

I almost just had a mini stroke. FH is on a trip to Morocco with some of his besties and they landed before him and hadn't been in touch all day. His ole adventure seeking/thrifty ass took a train instead of a taxi to get to the city their hotel is in, and it took 4 hours. No wifi/no service for that whole time. So his bestie texting me (international fees and all) like yo where is your man?

When I tell y'all I was right about to call the local embassy, the airline, the local airport, and all the old and new gods....then he wanna video call WhatsApp me all casual like "hey babe how's it going?" :cry: :lol: I love him soooo much but I told him if I don't get regular contact during this trip he better come back ready to fight. And we're not taking any more international trips without each other. Nope.

I almost just had a mini stroke. FH is on a trip to Morocco with some of his besties and they landed before him and hadn't been in touch all day. His ole adventure seeking/thrifty ass took a train instead of a taxi to get to the city their hotel is in, and it took 4 hours. No wifi/no service for that whole time. So his bestie texting me (international fees and all) like yo where is your man?

When I tell y'all I was right about to call the local embassy, the airline, the local airport, and all the old and new gods....then he wanna video call WhatsApp me all casual like "hey babe how's it going?" :cry: :lol: I love him soooo much but I told him if I don't get regular contact during this trip he better come back ready to fight. And we're not taking any more international trips without each other. Nope.

Yeeeahhhh once his friends start reaching out to ask where he is and they are supposed to be in the same place it's full on panic mode. Lol.

Since there's no random thoughts thread I'll leave this here :look:.

Sister, you are so worried about looking down on and slut shaming me and other women that like to dress sexy, meanwhile your husband steady trying to be laid up with real ho's. :look:

You steady waiting up for him every night. But hey, at least you can still feel holier than thou on that pretend high horse right? :bdance:

I'm not the best at giving gifts but I think I'm bout to do the damn thang with this one. I just booked a surprise private helicopter tour for FH and I and then a reservation at a Brazilian steakhouse. His 30th bday is bout to be lit

Awww that's really sweet! I owe SO a solid too, he's been sooo good to me so every now and then I do something..initially I thought of a nice pair of Bally sneakers but I'm now thinking of a surprise day trip to Capri when we go to Italy. Idk yet, we'll see.

You know...I'm baffled by the script flipping. Unbelievable. Don't even feel like typing everything or thinking about it again. I know I said upthread if I see him it's like I never knew him. Nah. I'm not at that place anymore lol. So I need to dust off my la fitness membership, start running again and start going to kick boxing again so that I can get it all out. I have about a month until there is a 30th bday party we both might be at so I need to get back to my place of if I see him I never knew instead of if I see him I'm not responsible for what happens

But I'm still doing good with no contact and not saying anything else to him. Just checked the calendar and it's going on week four.

He annoyed me Sunday. I annoyed him yesterday. Not on purpose but y'all know how it can be. Hopefully tonight we will be good. Baby girl spent the night in her own room and we were not feeling each other, how can that be possible?!. Y'all I wanted some sex, it didn't happen but we will see what happens tonight.

With the raise I just got, I have surpassed his salary. Not sure how I feel about that...

Edit: Actually that's not true. I told him if he wants to marry me (since we've talked about it), he needs to be actively seeking a higher salary now and in the future (no resting on your laurels).

Last edited:
I have an upcoming annual event that SO has attended once before but usually it's just me and my girls. While he is always invited this year he had a prior engagement so I went forward with planning. I'm really looking forward to enjoying my hotel room and weekend shenanigans with my crew. His plans were cancelled Monday and he has been talking nonstop about how he can join us now. I haven't said one word. :look: I so enjoy my own space/doing things with out him while he can be up under me ALL THE TIME if I let him. We always have a good time but I'm so looking forward to that hotel room all to myself. :lachen:

SO wants to take the kids out this weekend and i'm not really feeling it. For the most part I want to enjoy lounging in the house, clean up a bit, do my hair, meal plan basically just chill. Plus in all honesty i'm tired of running up and down the road, eating out and chasing behind kids. I know i'm just ranting but I've had a lot on my plate juggling between working full time, school, kids (his daughter, my son, both my niece and nephew), and a few other things.

Back