2017 Relationship And Dating Thread

All he did was make room for someone better to come along.

Final Update.

Just like that the 2nd page is back up...posts implying that he's single still up too. Hasn't even been a week. My friend had to explain to me that he just deactivated it instead of deleting it.

How do you do all of this apologizing, tell me you hope we can move forward and then turn around and reactivate the page with the posts still there? I'm so glad I'm not wasting my time any more!

I had a great weekend. The newness of my relationship is starting to wear off. I feel a lot more relaxed around him.

After hitting the gym together on Sunday, we decided to stay in instead of going out. He's been coming to my place every weekend. We've been spending more time indoors, but I'm not comfortable cooking for him. I'm tired of eating out on those days...so I suggested that we cook together. What ended up happening is that he cooked for me. He loves chef-ing. We picked up all the ingredients for him to make me spaghetti and meatballs from scrizzatch. All I did was pat the meat into ball shapes ( he had to fix them tho :lol: ) and butter the bread....which I managed to do right :look: it was actually fun.

I'm more into desserts. Baking is his weakness. So next time I will show him how tomake a cake...from the box :look: ( before you ask, he says despite following the instructions, his baking never comes out right :lol: )

He always cooks for me... and although it's (usually) edible :look:, he puts wayyyy too much food on my plate and he always ends up finishing my food.

As I was about to cook for him the first time ever on Saturday (scrambled eggs :lachen:) he said, it's been 5 months and I've never had your food, how we gonna get married?:rolleyes:

My guy made lasagna in his new crock pot this weekend. It was delicious :drool: he's a much better cook than me. And cooks for me most of the time.

He wrote me a really sweet and funny note last weekend and I requested he write me another 1 while i was there this weekend. One line said "and I can't wait until we live together and I cook and you clean cuz clearly I'm the better cook in this relationship" :lol:

Since we're discussing cooking, I feel like I should thank Divas Can Cook for saving my relationship :lol: lol but seriously everything I try from there is amazing. I made her honey mustard BBQ chicken thighs last night and FH was like, put these in the regular rotation. They were good as hell and so easy.

SO is really getting on my nerves lately and it's causing me to pull back in our relationship.

For example I told him this weekend I can't go with him to pick up his daughter since I have school work due and it's midterms for me right now. I listened to non stop whining about wanting to take the kids to the beach, having to drop the dog off by his self etc. Then this morning he calls me at 6:00 knowing I get up for work around 6:30 am and is upset because I answered the phone and fell back to sleep! And the reason he called? To let me know one of his tires in his mustang is low and he needs to put air in it.

Then when we talked around lunch time he states anything could've happened to him and I don't care about him because I fell back to sleep while he was trying to talk to me. I hung up and I haven't talked to him since.

SO is really getting on my nerves lately and it's causing me to pull back in our relationship.

For example I told him this weekend I can't go with him to pick up his daughter since I have school work due and it's midterms for me right now. I listened to non stop whining about wanting to take the kids to the beach, having to drop the dog off by his self etc. Then this morning he calls me at 6:00 knowing I get up for work around 6:30 am and is upset because I answered the phone and fell back to sleep! And the reason he called? To let me know one of his tires in his mustang is low and he needs to put air in it.

Then when we talked around lunch time he states anything could've happened to him and I don't care about him because I fell back to sleep while he was trying to talk to me. I hung up and I haven't talked to him since.
Is yours a Taurus, too? Exhausting.

Speaking of cooking, he has gobbled down everything I made. This pleases me. But he really impressed me with his bbq'ing skills.

We had our first cookout on the 4th and while I prepared the meat, I sat back to see if he would be able to light the fire and maintain it.

Being in Texas, especially Houston, its imperative that a man knows how to bbq. I was so relieved and slightly turned on :look: watching him work the grill.

My bf made me so upset today and he just asked me if I was coming to bed and I'm so disgusted I put MYSELF on my own couch! This is the first time I've ever done this, but Idc Bc I truly don't want him breathing near me tbh lol...as long as I'm not next to him tonight, I'm kinda okay. Idk what id do if my sofa wasn't so big & plush, tho :lol: he'd have to go home.

So's daughter is here for the week and my son just got back from his fathers house. The kids claim they were so bored while I was doing homework so now I have them cleaning the house :drunk:

win - win for me house will be clean, the kids aren't "bored", and I told SO I want him to grill today.

He did something that his mom (and me, too) didn't like.
Just some slight foolishness that's happening.
This next month should be interesting for us. I hope everything goes smoothly for SO. Trying not to worry too much.
OK, April will be fine. I'm worried about May, and possibly, July. Sigh.

The foolishness is officially over as of last week. And it turned out much better than I expected and will now stop being an inconvenience. The foolishness had put engagement plans on a complete halt. Now we can get back to our regularly scheduled program.

So, the topic of changing your plans with friends when your SO wants to do something came up over this past weekend. There were two different scenarios...

Scenario 1: Boyfriend has tentative plans with friends in Friday and GF has concrete (all day) plans with friends on Saturday. Boyfriend wants to see GF on Saturday.

Scenario 2: BF was invited to a work event on Saturday but, said that he didn't want to go. GF has all day plans with friends on Saturday. GF asks BF mid-week if he was sure he didn't want to attend the work event. BF says he's sure. Saturday morning, BF decides that he should go and he wants GF to go with him.

Would you alter your plans with friends in either scenario?

So, the topic of changing your plans with friends when your SO wants to do something came up over this past weekend. There were two different scenarios...

Scenario 1: Boyfriend has tentative plans with friends in Friday and GF has concrete (all day) plans with friends on Saturday. Boyfriend wants to see GF on Saturday.

Scenario 2: BF was invited to a work event on Saturday but, said that he didn't want to go. GF has all day plans with friends on Saturday. GF asks BF mid-week if he was sure he didn't want to attend the work event. BF says he's sure. Saturday morning, BF decides that he should go and he wants GF to go with him.

Would you alter your plans with friends in either scenario?

No and no.

Scenario #1 was me and we didn't see each other. My bff had the nerve to tell me that because I have a bf that I should have altered my plans...

ETA... Although I wish we would have forgone seeing each other, we saw each other Friday instead of Saturday...

Scenario #2 is one of my girls and she left Saturday's outing early...

This happens to me every single day, all day long. Not exaggerating either.

Back