What does it say when a man won't pay for dinner?

What does it say when a man doesn't pay for dinner?

• He believes in new age feminism where a woman pays too.

Votes: 18 14.8%
  • He thinks since your both broke, you should understand.

Votes: 10 8.2%
  • He's cheap.

Votes: 90 73.8%
  • He's poor.

Votes: 27 22.1%
  • Other

Votes: 31 25.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If a guy "won't" pay, it says @ least one of three things:

- he is not interested
- likewise, I can't be interested
- we're already a couple and rotating who pays

But then I asked myself, how would I feel if someone took me out to dinner and wanted me to pay? Um... Well I think he wants to be friends. After a few more dates, I think he's hard on cash.
After a few more dates? Why in the world would you be going on a few more dates with a resentful, childish idiot who took you out knowing you assumed the norm (i.e., that he would pay) and then left you with the check in order to express disdain for social norms governing dating? That kind of boy is mean-spirited and most likely has issues with women. He shouldn't even get a "good night". If a man wants a more "modern" (read: cheap, unchivalrous, and exploitative of women) approach, he should disclose that prior to the date rather than deliberately embarrassing and surprising the woman.
And then after a few months....
You need to check your standards. Months? Girl, no.

Sorry, but that's kinda gross. I'm not for sale, I don't hand out my goodies in exchange for a meal. And I don't expect people to pay for me just because I'm a woman.

A date is when two people that are romantically interested in each other go out. If they both want to be there, then neither one should have a problem paying for their own food.
I totally agree. My guy and I are modern too. I can be a queen sometimes, but I absolutely love to treat and be treated when in a relationship. On a date, I will let him pay, but not before I attempt to pay for myself. Most of my adult life was been spent with men that paid for everything, so when I got to a position where I can pay for myself (because I work very hard for what I want), I prefer it. I believe that a healthy independent dependance is necessary. I want you, but I can still eat what I want without you is my mantra. But it if makes him feel more like a man to pay for the first date, then I let him.

Last edited:
Back