Can you pay my bills?

I have a close friend who is constantly bragging to me about whose paying her bills, who wants to pay them, and who can go to H if they don't. She says she won't be with a man that can't help her with something. And this is addition to her husband. And she does pay a high price. Sexing 6 or 7 different men just so she can say they are paying this and that just isn't worth it. I think I'd just pay my own bills or let something go.:nono:

"Yeah, I gave her my credit card and told her she had 30 minutes to buy whatever she wanted...(snickering)...She couldn't get but so much in 30 minutes anyway, you should have seen how she was running all over the place..." :angry:

I found that story so disgusting and I told him so. I think some men really like for you to have to look like a chickenhead.

Homegirl was just stupid. :nono: If he wanna play a game, you gotta know how to WIN the game.

Go the jewelry store or other expenisve store in the area that you are in that gives cash refunds. Get about 5 expensive ass things quickly. Give him his card bard in about 10 minutes. Let his stupid *** think he did something until he takes you home.

Next day, let him know you don't appreciate him trying to degrade you and break up with him. All the while you are driving BACK to that store to retun and get the cash.

With his dumb ***!!

I have a close friend who is constantly bragging to me about whose paying her bills, who wants to pay them, and who can go to H if they don't. She says she won't be with a man that can't help her with something. And this is addition to her husband. And she does pay a high price. Sexing 6 or 7 different men just so she can say they are paying this and that just isn't worth it. I think I'd just pay my own bills or let something go.:nono:

I wonder how she has time. There is no way.............I don't even want my husband 90% of the time.

Homegirl was just stupid. :nono: If he wanna play a game, you gotta know how to WIN the game.

Go the jewelry store or other expenisve store in the area that you are in that gives cash refunds. Get about 5 expensive ass things quickly. Give him his card bard in about 10 minutes. Let his stupid *** think he did something until he takes you home.

Next day, let him know you don't appreciate him trying to degrade you and break up with him. All the while you are driving BACK to that store to retun and get the cash.

With his dumb ***!!
Whew you sound like my lil evilarse at 22:lachen:

With his dumb ***!!

They were already in some regular *** clothing store, Ashley Stewart or something or other.

I think after my eyes got stuck (I had rolled them, really REALLY hard :rolleyes:) I said to him he could have just given her 150 dollars and called it a day, since one outfit was all he could really afford.

But for that, your idea is excellent!! :grin:

hmmm.. good idea. I'm about to start creating darn occasions!!! Next dude gone have some work to put in.

I'm about to start being spoiled like my daddy did me and does my mama. :grin:
Indeed... In addition to birthdays and half-mark birthdays. You can create anniversaries. The first day we met...that's special! The first day we talked on the phone; the first movie; first hug; first kiss; first dinner...be creative and make it fun. He'll like it. :lol:

Indeed... In addition to birthdays and half-mark birthdays. You can create anniversaries. The first day we met...that's special! The first day we talked on the phone; the first movie; first hug; first kiss; first dinner...be creative and make it fun. He'll like it. :lol:
Exactly! I can be broke all by myself...I'm really good at it! I don't need a companion in my misery:lachen:

I have (had) friends like that and they are still single and wanting my married boring life.
You are still my 'icon' for a perfect marriage. :yep:

You already know... "the juice in the freezer'. My favorite. :love4:

Exactly! I can be broke all by myself...I'm really good at it! I don't need a companion in my misery:lachen:
Oh Lord! Two broke people is like two people hobbling along on crutches together. :lachen: Now, one of us has to have some money. At least a dollar to get some change. Then we can 'split' it. :yep:

Coming out of a marriage that imploded due to finances, I think a man's ability to pay the bills is important. My ex was a teacher/coach and managed his money when living on his own. Pretty much 2 weeks after we got married he decides on his own to quit his job and start a business (w/o consulting me about either). At the time, we did not have the money at all for that and the strain it put on both of us was disasterous. For the longest he refused to do anything else but work on this business and it never generated a penny. I was introduced to pawning stuff to pay bills (including my wedding ring) and scraping pennies off the counter for gas.

It was not pretty. Like Shimmie said two broke people...

With that behind me and a daughter in tow, I cannot for a second risk getting in a situation like that ever again, specifically with all the efforts I took getting back on my feet. If I can hold it down in the bill area, he needs to as well..and then some. No struggling artists and no entreprenuers that either don't have it already going or a solid business plan developed that makes sense to me in some way. :)

I want to play Devil's Advocate just because I'm bored out of my mind right now and would love to spice this up a bit.

Here it goes....

Why shouldn't you pay my bills? After all, I am stroking your ego, laughing at your dumb jokes, putting up with your snoaring, listening to your boaring stories, you eating my food, I'm missing sleep talking to you on the phone, listening to how your day went and pretending to care, missing my favorite TV show because you want to go out, and maybe even giving up the treasure or at least letting you take a peak!!!

This sounds like work to me and when I punch the clock at my job, I cash a pay check to pay my bills; sooooooo, why I'm I not getting paid for this?:rolleyes:

You're just being real JG :yep: No broke arse men for me :nono:. Sometimes people don't realize how much a lack of funds can have on relationships/marriages, especially when a man ain't got any :cool:

I want to play Devil's Advocate just because I'm bored out of my mind right now and would love to spice this up a bit.

Here it goes....

Why shouldn't you pay my bills? After all, I am stroking your ego, laughing at your dumb jokes, putting up with your snoaring, listening to your boaring stories, you eating my food, I'm missing sleep talking to you on the phone, listening to how your day went and pretending to care, missing my favorite TV show because you want to go out, and maybe even giving up the treasure or at least letting you take a peak!!!

This sounds like work to me and when I punch the clock at my job, I cash a pay check to pay my bills; sooooooo, why I'm I not getting paid for this?:rolleyes:

My sentiments exactly :look: :cool:. Shoot having a man is work ya know?

Last edited:

Here it goes....

I know you're just trying to be a smart-a*s posting this but I completely agree. Men are time consuming, and too many of them expect all those benefits (listening to the boring stories, how your day went etc.) after only knowing you for a short period of time....so as far as I'm concerned , I should get some compensation. Not to mention how so many of them are married, or have a gf, and think that they're "playing" you....... I play along, and take advantage of the financial benefits :grin: . I've never really asked a man to pay my bills, but I drop hints like, "my car payment is due, and I am so broke.........." If they offer, I'm taking!

And oh yeah, shouldn't you be doing some work up there ;)

Here it goes....

The same can be said in reversed. Him putting up with your needs/wants, taking you shopping, laughing at your jokes, being there to hear your sob stories etc. So should he expect you to pay HIS bills?

I don't consider those absolute means to him HAVING to pay my bills. That's just a part of being in a relationship. No one is MAKING you do those things. You are supposed to do them because you want to and expect nothing in return. It's what being a good gf is all about imo.

DAMMIT!! I should have been marking these on my calendar!!! I used to think men didn't pay attenetion to those things until my last SO tried to quiz me one day on the phone asking what was the name of the movie we went to see on our first date. He thought I didn't know. :rolleyes: :lol:

I don't know either D. And I'm with you on the not wanting to do anything. I'm usually too tired to even think about him in that way....:grin:

I wonder how she has time. There is no way.............I don't even want my husband 90% of the time.

Well in my case, I never "asked" for any money. But....let me tell you what accepting a few gifts got me.

1. Phone Harassment
2. Stalked
3. 2 restraining orders
4. A gas tank full of liquid plummer
5. Death threats to a suicide hotline--threated me
6. My mother flying in from California, to give me a piece of mind
7. Depression for at least 1 year. (Still healing)

It's so not worth it, and we were living together. NEVER AGAIN. I made my "bills" by myself, so I can pay them by myself.

Here it goes....

If that's how you look at your relationship then I agree with you. But why would you want to be in such a relationship. If you think his jokes are dumb, his snoring is irritation, is stories are boring, and you are pretending to care about what is important to him, then you shouldn't be with that man. If you are, knowing how you feel then you're just with him so that he can pay your bills. I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with that, If that's the kind of relationship you are into...

I have never, until I got married, expected any man to pay a bill that he didn't create. Wasn't raised that way. If my man after a while of being together offered to pay a bill or rent or something...knowing me, I would take the money and then use it to take us on a vacation or something but that is just me. I don't believe in having someone pay for something that they didn't "use" per say. I have always had enough money to cover my expenses....

I asked one of my manfriends if men took "pride" in being able to pay a womans bills. Like do they EXPECT to do it?? I then asked him if he could pay my rent next month, I couldn't even fix my mouth to say it good before i was :lachen:. I have another friend who told me about a guy who asked her if she was looking for a "sponsor", I'm thinking to myself WTF?? What kinda cooties do he got, where he has to advertise himself as that?

I have never asked, never expected, nor will i ever ask, a man i'm dating to pay my bills. NEVER.

I have had a 'man' ask me if I could sponsor them!!!:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

A lot of men are SHAMELESS these days. I have met too many who approach me and claim to like me and yet dont even want to take me out. This thread is how many pages long and the majority of ladies would not ask a man to pay bills so where does a man come off asking me to pay their bills. I am so angry about that!!! :swearing::swearing::swearing::swearing::swearing::swearing::swearing::swearing::swearing::swearing::swearing::swearing::swearing::swearing::swearing::swearing:

Last edited:
I have had a 'man' ask me if I could sponsor them!!!:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

A lot of men are SHAMELESS these days. I have met too many who approach me and claim to like me and yet dont even want to take me out. This thread is how many pages long and the majority of ladies would not ask a man to pay bills so where does a man come off asking me to pay their bills. I am so angry about that!!! :swearing::swearing::swearing::swearing::swearing::swearing::swearing::swearing::swearing::swearing::swearing::swearing::swearing::swearing::swearing::swearing:

You are not lying..... Just this past weekend I had someone ask me to go out to a restaurant all the way across town..... He asked me to drive, because he didn't want to spend the money on gas. He felt as though, that was the least I could do, because he was buying me dinner (even though HE was the one who really wanted to go there). Needless to say, we didn't go anywhere. And since he wasted my time and had the audacity to ask me something ridiculous like that..... I'm going to need some compensation.

If you are living together as a couple (married or otherwise) that's the only reason I see 'sharing' the bills.

My Advise: Enjoy your relationship! DO NOT LET FOOLISH WOMEN WHO HAVE ISSUES WITH PAST BAD RELATIONSHIPS GIVE YOU DUMB ADVISE. THEY CANNOT LIVE THEIR LIVES THROUGH YOURS.

Sorry, SummerRain. I'm not yelling at you. It's just that some women have a jealous spirit when they seen another woman in a happy 'new' relationship. AND they want to spew their unhappy spirit into YOUR business with a bunch of foolishness.

Summer, you know what you expect from your man and he knows what he expects from you. Instead of listening to a foolish woman's dumb presumptions, talk to him instead and ONLY him. Work it, fight it out, love it out, but let it be with him and no one else.

This woman is crazy. Because just think about it. If you were to bring this up to your 'new' man, that you expected him to pay your bills or one of yours, it would open up a can of ugly wombs. It would put a damper upon your bonding season which is very important right now.

Never let money be an issue in a relationship. It's only money! Work on building the two of you with respect, and trust and love; and leave the rest of the mess outside where it belongs. Money should never be an issue in a relationship. It's really not all that important.

Men do not have to pay your bills just to prove that he loves you or is committed to you. Love is not about money, it's about time, love and trust. Everything else will follow. For where a man's heart is, his treasures will follow, naturally. He will just naturally share what he has with you financially without you having to ask or beat it out of him.

God bless you and your new fella'. BTW: I have 3 Reggie's in my family :yep: AND they are very handsome, indeed.

Take care, angel. ;)

Shimmie I love this post!

You are not lying..... Just this past weekend I had someone ask me to go out to a restaurant all the way across town..... He asked me to drive, because he didn't want to spend the money on gas. He felt as though, that was the least I could do, because he was buying me dinner (even though HE was the one who really wanted to go there). Needless to say, we didn't go anywhere. And since he wasted my time and had the audacity to ask me something ridiculous like that..... I'm going to need some compensation.

OFF THE HOOK!!!:reddancer:

Back