Can you pay my bills?

I have never asked a man to pay my bills and I will never pay a man's bills either, unless we're married we're supposed to take care of ourselves.
Gifts - yes! :grin:

I follow Dave Ramsey's advice. He advises that no couple should be responsible for each other's bills until they have become One. His bills don't become my bills till HE becomes MINE. The day we get married my bills become OUR bills. His bills become OUR bills.

Up to that point, all we will share is a joint checking and savings for common costs. I won't be living with any man so I will be paying my own bills till I become Mrs Him.

Women in Atlanta seem to think that having a man means getting your bills paid, and it's annoying to be approached by a man who says 'hey my name is Mark. Just to be clear, I'm not giving you any money and I am not paying any of your bills. How are you doing?'

Annoying.

Wow...that's really a shame that this is how some men approach women. Very insulting to those of who don't roll like that!

Shrugs shoulders...I dunno? It depends on the guy? I don't seek out well to do, but I don't date broke either. I'm not talking like millionares....Just not broke.
There is no formula. A man like with many things...will ask and do what he wants. For instance if you date a man who is acquainted with some of the nicers things in life. On your birthday he may buy you a nice gift. Even a man that's not so much acquainted, will try and follow suit based on how you carry yourself.

I do let men know that I expect to be courted....They can read into it however they choose.:look: Courting can start with a bouquet of hand picked flowers on up to a Black Glamma Fur. Now if they start the courting on the larger scale who am I to say...Oh no, I can't accept that baguette bracelet:lachen:

I don't believe women should sit around like the plant on Little shop of Horrors talking bout "Feed Me Seymour"
, but I 'm not one to turn down gifts. Most of the men I've dated consider gifts part of the courting process.

It depends on who your dealing with and the social circles you meet them in.

no, not the Audrey Two. sigh.:nono: :cry::lachen::lachen::cry::lachen:

see what you done did, now i caint even answer the OP now.:nono:

Some women are a trip! Why would you want a man to pay your bills? They should pay their own bills...be independent and show our men that we can hold it on our own!

I never asked anyone I was dating to pay my bills. One guy helped me alot in college, paid my tuition, grocery bills and other expenses. But he was in a position to do that. DH when we were dating would give me money just because and so did other guys.

I don't think I could or would ask even if I needed it.

I wonder what these women are giving up to get these things.

I know one of DH cousins that has a man for every bill. And when I see her I always think her coochie must stink and be hella stretched.
:funny:
The cold part is I know somebody who fits that description and they ain't even gettin' money for it.:nono::ohwell:

Then scoot over cuz I'm in the same boat with you! I've had men give me money, buy me jewelry, take me on trips, and heck even buy me cars. Now depending or where we are in the relationship...I accept. Wait why am I lying if you giving I might take.:look: Many of the relationships have been of the non-sexual nature. I'm not gone asked for anyone to get my hair and nails done and low ticket stuff like that. (I sound terrible:lachen:)
It's funny that you mention "low ticket" items, because I know a girl who'll brag about a man giving her a quarter tank of gas.:lol:

I think I have a bad case of self-entitlement but I just could not be in a relationship with a man and he is not showering me with gifts-monetary or material. I was raised to not talk to a dude unless he is just falling all over me, trying to get me by any means. Otherwise I could just stay be myself and shower myself with gifts. This sounds horrible but this is how I feel.

If you are stingy with your money when it comes to me I don't want you.

I would not ask someone to pay my bills especially in a new relationship. I would not have sex unless it is very serious, marriage serious. If I did I would feel like I was giving myself away to a man for no reason. This is why no sex til marriage would work for me, unless he is willing to meet my demands.

I also don't believe in giving men ANYTHING, especially money, no borrowing or loans of car or anything. What's my is mine and what's yours is mine.:rolleyes:

No stones please!

I talked about this in college with some friends and they thought I was crazy and bold and I said yes I am. I was a not having sex with my boyfriend-husband and he was buying me school clothes and paying my cell phone bill for the phone he bought. I am not a player, I just did not want a boyfriend but he wanted me so :look:.

What can I say, dating is a game, anybody that thinks anything else is lying or not thinking realistically. It's a game of poker, I am the house and you are a gambler, either way I win.:lachen:

Alright you all can start quoting my long post and tearing it apart.:grin:
This whole post is GANGSTA!!:lachen:

Back