The 2011 Wedding Thread

Well ladies, I'll stick around and play with you all in this thread, but as of this morning, I am no longer getting married in 2011 as planned.

We're ELOPING in October during what was supposed to be our scouting/planning trip to Vegas!!!

Wow Whimsy! I had to visit this thread after seeing your announcement. Why the sudden change? Sending hellos to all the other ladies

WOW congratz, all the best.
hope you have a cute elopement outfit to wear.

Last edited:
Wow Whimsy! I had to visit this thread after seeing your announcement. Why the sudden change? Sending hellos to all the other ladies

We changed because John changed his mind! I wanted to elope forever. (my dream wedding was me and him on a beach somewhere and that's it) but he was never with it cuz of his mom.
He suggested it yesterday and now it's on like donkey kong!! I couldn't be happier and I'll put the details on my blog tomorrow :)

WOW congratz, all the best.
hope you have a cute elopement outfit to wear.

Thanks! and nope :( i was hoping i'd be able to get my dress altered in time but it seems like that's a no go. I'm going to bloomies and macys to see if I can find a cute white or pale pink dress to wear.

If not...maybe I'll just wear the wedding dress all extra long and draggin on the desert ground lol emo style.

Well ladies, I'll stick around and play with you all in this thread, but as of this morning, I am no longer getting married in 2011 as planned. We're ELOPING in October during what was supposed to be our scouting/planning trip to Vegas!!!

OMG :yay: Congrats! This is so exciting. I'm very happy that you're finally getting the wedding that you wanted. Here are some pretty dresses:

Calvin Klein Dress, One Shoulder with Embellishment - Dresses - Women's - Macy's

BCBGMAXAZRIA Dress, Strapless Silk with Layered Skirt - Dresses - Women's - Macy's

Adrianna Papell Dress, Sleeveless Rosette Gown - Dresses - Women's - Macy's

Whimsy, let us know how everything turns out. Have you told your family? How did they respond?
Beautiful!!

Oh girls, I hate my fiance.
he invited his mom and his bro n sis
GRRRR
So naturally I had to invite my mom dad n bro

What I wanted was a simple me and you type thing and now it's already turning back into a fiasco.

OK i'm being dramatic.

it's not a fiasco, it's just more than i wanted.

Well, on the plus side, i was able to convince davids bridal to rush rush rush my dress alterations so i will have it in time, and i got a gorgeous ceremony location in the valley of fire.

we had planned on going to a ridiculously expensive restaurant for dinner, but now that families are coming we're going to tone that down a bit and find a dinner spot that has a view of the strip and great food but not fiftymillion dollar pricetag.

All those dresses were GORGEOUS!!! I think i want one for new years eve! that frilly skirt one from macys.
that long nordstrom one was beautiful.

Hello :wave: I always wanted to elope Whimsy but my parents won't have it. :rolleyes:

I'm not getting married until 2012 but we've decided to have a beach wedding in Mexico.

I am getting married in 2012. I is so excited. :grin: This man is trying to get married like right now :lachen:. We are long distance and 2012 sounds more feasible. :love:

^^^I may be joining you...sigh. I want a longer honey moon (and so does my fiance. ) so I may push it about six months and that will push us into 2012 (schools out in may and I'm a part time grad student hope to be phd by then cross fingers).

So much little stuff is going wrong it's ridiculous. and it's down to the wire. 7 days away. why did my makeup/hair lady bail on me today? and why did the woman who told me to buy buttons and bring my dress to her today at 11am tell me...oh u want bustle? i no do bustle! Why didn't you tell me that when I ASKED YOU can you do a bustle!? WTF I am getting frustrated.
wooooooosaaaaaaaahhhhh

So much little stuff is going wrong it's ridiculous. and it's down to the wire. 7 days away. why did my makeup/hair lady bail on me today? and why did the woman who told me to buy buttons and bring my dress to her today at 11am tell me...oh u want bustle? i no do bustle! Why didn't you tell me that when I ASKED YOU can you do a bustle!? WTF I am getting frustrated.
wooooooosaaaaaaaahhhhh

Breathe Whimsy it's going to be alright. I know you'll find someone in nyc who can help with both but I know it may be frustrating!

Though I will no longer be with yall in 2011 I will be with you in spirit most definitely. Our wedding is being pushed up by 6 months so it's at the end of the school year so that we can have a ridiculously long (happy!) honey moon. That basically puts us in 2012.

Instead of doing a short honeymoon (and back to biz doing the year), we are doing it up fun (but I'm still looking for discounts as I'm the queen of luxury discounts) and having an extended honeymoon. Reason? I was torn btw europe and islands (because I wanted my relatives to be able to attend). BUT I love the french mediterranean (wanted to wed there originally and then travel europe but some of the older relatives are too sick to do a long flight like that which is why we settled on a short one to Jamaica. They're in the south so it will be a hop over there). SO my fiance was like why don't we just go to europe?

So I was like (blink)..huh? Okay. :grin: So now we're having a wedding in Jamaica, staying four days (up until the wedding) and then a week after , and then we're flying to europe (using sky miles of course cause that's how I roll, why pay when you don't have to?) and we're going to hit Cannes, Monaco, Paris, London, and madrid for the next 3-4 weeks (still working out the kinks in that).

So loved planning with you ladies, and wish you well. I'll still drop by to see how you're doing
and maybe share how our plans are going.

Found a photographer! Yay! We would fly her in to Jamaica as she's an American too. But her pictures are just bada#$! to me. She's amazing. I like that they are sweet, but she knows her angles, and how to flatter you even in sunlight. You know how some pics look washed out, or just don't make you look your best...she's managed to capture moments while making the people look like they stepped out of a magazine. I Love that. Her pictures are sweet, and they seem to capture genuine moments of joy. but are also artistic. LOVE IT

Just talked to her, and I'm pretty sure if we can get the dates ( if she has an opening then. I am now finalizing hotel and will give her a call. She suggested I settle all my vendors first and then come back to her as my times may change...which they already have lol. She gave me tons of tips for Jamaica which I thought was great as she loves traveling there) we're going with her.

Here's some of her pics
33ueazo.jpg

95ylc5.jpg

2zzncwo.jpg

Attachments

• 16lejw5.jpg
    16lejw5.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
wasn't able to post the rest of these earlier so I'll do it now. I'm just so giddy because I can only imagine how our photos will come out. I think it'll be a great keepsake. The cake, no one will remember but pics...ah...that's something that we can look at and remember for years to come.

keazhd.jpg

Attachments

• mpvcx.jpg
    mpvcx.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 14
  • eragkx.jpg
    eragkx.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 18
  • 156ttnc.jpg
    156ttnc.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 12
  • vgq243.jpg
    vgq243.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Oh and her engagement pics...thinking of doing those. Seems like fun. You have to click the links. Don't know why they show up as thumbnails and some of her pics don't. Tried to enlarge but it didn't work out.

2nisefr.jpg

2dloqjo.jpg

20qe3qo.jpg

11qofma.jpg

2a8f7ea.jpg

35198ib.jpg

vgq243.jpg

Promise that's all. I know I lovedseeing tons of pics for inspiration so I just wanted to share some of what I think are fun wedding pics

2ufyc0k.jpg
m7gb9.jpg

okay that was more than a couple more but I just love her style.

So has anyone decided on a photographer yet?

Any pics to share from them? Okay so now I'll leave (tear)...but I'll definitely lurk

Ladies, Ross Oscar Knight is looking for engaged couples to do a session with him for free! Just shoot him a pm on FB (befriend him if you haven't already). Good luck!

Back