The 2011 Wedding Thread

is it bad that i came on to lhcf during vacay just to check this one thread? that can't be healthy right?

OPTIMUS dont listen to luckiest...go with the bottom one!!

jamaicasmodona CONGRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTSS!!! wahoo!!!

Keep spamming bgt!

:poke:....WHATEVER whimsy!!!!!! The black one is the prettiest. It's her wedding gosh darn it. She needs to shake what her mamma gave her :bdance::dance7::weird:....elegantly of course.

BTW whimsy congrats on passing wl...are you planning on growing it to longer lengths...what length are you hoping for by time for your wedding?

Luckiest I've changed my mind, I now think Optimus should wear the pink getup that your dancing smiley is wearing. that's perfect wedding day attire!!

thanks, and i'm going to hope for hip length by wedding day (cross your fingers)

I'll get him one. That's at the rehearsal dinner, right?

The grooms cake is served at the wedding. Well it isn't actually served but given to guest to take home. Alot of people package them as favors to the wedding guests.

Ok ladies love this thread subscribing be back later to post some pics. I'm like optimus I'll be engaged this year Im claim it for sure.
But there a negative terrible show on tlc now right after say yes to the dress and I'm writing them an email to get rid of it pronto. It's called left at the altar if some of you ladies want to send some emails to help cancelthis show before it gets started pls write away.
I know things like this happen but people who are watching
syttd and bribing home baby, baby story etc type shows don't need to see that negativity in reruns and new tales
of wedding tragedy on the daily they've already shown this
show 4 x this weekend alone it's like being bombarded by
negativity. I had my DVD set to record and got that show instead of syttd Atlanta

Done hijacking the thread
I saw some nice dresses in Lazaro and PnnaTornai online also they have bridal shows on YT

Last edited:
Luckiest I've changed my mind, I now think Optimus should wear the pink getup that your dancing smiley is wearing. that's perfect wedding day attire!!

thanks, and i'm going to hope for hip length by wedding day (cross your fingers)

Don't tell anybody, but I know people who can make it happen. Maybe pink harem pants and a veil and...

You'll look great with a hip length 'do, Whimsy. I'd been meaning to ask you :poke: about your hair plans. I remember you wanted a half-up, half-down style.

I'm still confused over my colors! :crying3::crying3:

I feel so emotional that I can't get this simplest task together!:wallbash:

Then, on top of still trying to figure that out, my mom calls me last night to tell me she's going to email me her guest list!:rolleyes:. There is like 20something people on there I DON'T KNOW!:nono::nono:

I need to take a nap!:sad::ohwell::perplexed

June 2011 Bride checking in!

My dress is supposed to be in this week. I still haven't picked bridemaids dress yet.

My theme is Evening in an Enchanted Garden. LOL, weird I know. But I was inspired by this picture. I'd want my room to be a little less crowded though.
Bromsgrove_6-600x394.jpg

I'm using jewel tones: hot pink, deep purple, etc (colors that would be natural in a garden.

We've already put our deposit in at the venue and picked our caterer and baker. If things go my way, we'll only have 50 guests. That way I can get the food I want plated and have a more intimate setting.

Then, on top of still trying to figure that out, my mom calls me last night to tell me she's going to email me her guest list!:rolleyes:. There is like 20something people on there I DON'T KNOW!:nono::nono:

Girl do not let people stress you out about the wedding! :yep: They will do it. That is one thing my neighbor warned me about and not long after she said that it started with his family. Some of them do not like were I picked for the wedding. :rolleyes:

My dress is supposed to be in this week. I still haven't picked bridemaids dress yet.

My theme is Evening in an Enchanted Garden. LOL, weird I know. But I was inspired by this picture. I'd want my room to be a little less crowded though.
View attachment 77550

I'm using jewel tones: hot pink, deep purple, etc (colors that would be natural in a garden.

We've already put our deposit in at the venue and picked our caterer and baker. If things go my way, we'll only have 50 guests. That way I can get the food I want plated and have a more intimate setting.

Pretty.:yep:

Girl do not let people stress you out about the wedding! :yep: They will do it. That is one thing my neighbor warned me about and not long after she said that it started with his family. Some of them do not like were I picked for the wedding. :rolleyes:
I too am starting to realize it occasionally comes with the territory.:look: I decided not to stress. If it gets crazy, I take a break. Great advice. I got the same thing PricessScorpion from my Uncle. Wanting to know why I didn't choose Atlantis hotel cause he likes going there. Atlantis isn't even in Jamaica, it's in the Bahamas! And he was dead serious telling me how much he likes going there every year so that's where I should have it. Last I checked this wasn't his wedding. He was also telling us he'll tell us what time of year he's available. REALLY?:grin: How bout we tell you when it is through a save the date and invite and if you can't come then fine. And I love him but sometimes people can be so selfish and think your wedding is their wedding:nono::spinning:. And don't get me wrong I take stuff into consideration. Like my grand parents need to be comfy on a quicker flight, etc. I'm cool with that. Or someone needs a vegetarian meal at the wedding, we can have the chef prepare that. I'm very reasonable. But insane requests...like where and when to have my wedding after I'm telling you where it will be? No thank you.

Last edited:
Well, :look: I'm not in a relationship yet, as such, but I'm looking to get married in 2011.
:look:

I don't believe in long courtships, so I've set my sights on November 2011.

I think the first one you posted would look great on you, Whimsy.

I'm getting married in 2011 ALSO! (smile)
Thanks, LD, for sharing this link. Love this thread. Starting from page one and reading everything.

Whimsy, love your dress and natural makeup choices!
Optimus Prime, I like the black dress. It's fitted and has nice style.
LD, I love the makeup pic with the plum eye, but I think natural will look even more beautiful. Natural makeup just seems to blend in with beautiful Jamaica. Whatever you choose, I know you'll be gorgeous.

I really want to get my hair together before I get married, BUT I won't wait on it. Lol!

Ladies, what are your budgets like?
Are you sparing no expense on invitations, announcements, center pieces, cake?
Is anyone renting their dress? I'm not the type to take my dress out and try it on a year later. I'd like to rent one, if I found the right one and it fight right. I could always purchase one and sell it on ebay.

Last edited:

Is anyone renting their dress? I'm not the type to take my dress out and try it on a year later. I'd like to rent one, if I found the right one and it fight right. I could always purchase one and sell it on ebay.

First: Don't forget to pm and tell me more about the booking. I'm so happy for you! Out with it. Go ahead and let it all out, I want to hear it because you deserve it!:yep:

Second:
I wanted to comment on the cake and dress rental thing:

Cake, I never understood why people pay upper hundreds to thousands for a cake. If it makes you happy go for it, but really it's just cake. I don't want or need a 6 foot cake. I want it to taste good, look good, and kim. So I'd pay a decent amount but I love getting discounts so I'd try to haggle that down. I don't think that's a spare no expense item.

I think some spare no expense items vary and depend on the person but mine are:
clothes, environment, setting, and even then I think haggling for a cheaper price is good. Also I don't believe in owing. Like I said in my pm we're only touching interest not principal. If we can't pay for it up front we're not doing it. With that in mind, my fiance is open to getting what we want. I'm pretty reasonable in that category though. Meaning I believe in staying within your budget (and that budget should not put you into debt), and within that budget doing the research necessary to get everything you desire without breaking the bank. I'd be this way if he were a billionaire. I just love discounts.

As for dresses: I know someone who had a dress rental, and she was happy with it. And it was in California actually. That's a good idea if you're on a budget but want a more expensive line. I'd rather if I was under a budget purchase one and sell it like you mentioned than get a rental. But if you have budget restraints it's an excellent option. With rentals though: Rentals can't really be altered that much, and even if you get a great fit, there is always some little adjustment that you might want to make.
There is also the option of having it custom made. If it's a simpler design, a custom made look will be easily duplicated. Check out places like etsy, for those who custom make dresses.

I too am starting to realize it occasionally comes with the territory.:look: I decided not to stress. If it gets crazy, I take a break. Great advice. I got the same thing PricessScorpion from my Uncle. Wanting to know why I didn't choose Atlantis hotel cause he likes going there. Atlantis isn't even in Jamaica, it's in the Bahamas! And he was dead serious telling me how much he likes going there every year so that's where I should have it. Last I checked this wasn't his wedding. He was also telling us he'll tell us what time of year he's available. REALLY?:grin: How bout we tell you when it is through a save the date and invite and if you can't come then fine. And I love him but sometimes people can be so selfish and think your wedding is their wedding:nono::spinning:. And don't get me wrong I take stuff into consideration. Like my grand parents need to be comfy on a quicker flight, etc. I'm cool with that. Or someone needs a vegetarian meal at the wedding, we can have the chef prepare that. I'm very reasonable. But insane requests...like where and when to have my wedding after I'm telling you where it will be? No thank you.

His family asked him why did she pick Barbados. He told them that is where she wanted the wedding to be. That is what she wants that is what she is getting. See they knew not to come to me with that mess. My family knows better. All they said was that is PS and she is going to do it her way. :look: The funny thing about it is that I think it will be more of my family & friends there than his. Majority of my family is in Oklahoma and his family lives either in the same city with us or in a state that is very close to us.

Thanks..That really helps..
Now FH Dad is talking about he's not going because not everyone may be able to attend!:rolleyes:
I'm like, seriously?! Why the hell are you worried about everybody else?!
Your son is getting married, make it possible for you to be there. It really isn't like he can't be there. SMDH

The next problem we're having now, is the date/time we chose for the wedding may need to be changed. (lucky thing I didn't order my save the date cards!:ohwell:)

We wanted the latest time possible for the ceremony to include the sunset in our pictures. They only have an early morning ceremony! 9am is too damn early! I am sorry! :lachen::lachen:

My family is always late unfortunately and a 9am wedding means that they won't start showing up until after 12pm.
Plus some will be driving in from different Parishes in Jamaica, so I would like to give them a reasonable time to arrive! Aren't I considerate?! :look:

Thanks..That really helps..
Now FH Dad is talking about he's not going because not everyone may be able to attend!:rolleyes:
I'm like, seriously?! Why the hell are you worried about everybody else?!
Your son is getting married, make it possible for you to be there. It really isn't like he can't be there. SMDH

The next problem we're having now, is the date/time we chose for the wedding may need to be changed. (lucky thing I didn't order my save the date cards!:ohwell:)

We wanted the latest time possible for the ceremony to include the sunset in our pictures. They only have an early morning ceremony! 9am is too damn early! I am sorry! :lachen::lachen:

My family is always late unfortunately and a 9am wedding means that they won't start showing up until after 12pm.
Plus some will be driving in from different Parishes in Jamaica, so I would like to give them a reasonable time to arrive! Aren't I considerate?! :look:

You are being very considerate. :grin: My neighbor got married in Jamaica and one of her husband's family members missed the wedding because she slept through it. :perplexed:rolleyes: I told him in the beginning that the only people that I cared about being there were both of our mothers and my son. Everyone else was just bonus. The party is going to go on with or without them. :yep::grin:

Wow you sound overwhelmed, breathe, but here's something that will help you plan. What's your absolute favorite colors then pick the one you love the most.

Figure out if your a big wedding person or a small wedding person, and BTW small wedding doesn't mean any less stylish or not black tie plus you save and can buy better catering or a nicer dress etc cause you don't have to pay for 150 people who just came to get free gourmet food and party at your expense and don't really care if you get married or not. Decide those things and don't let your parents get all crazy inviting people you don't know or haven't seen since you were 9 months old. I was MOH @ my cuz's weding and saw her mom and dad invite 250 people 100 of them the bride and groom didn't know.

Thanks, LD, for sharing this link. Love this thread. Starting from page one and reading everything.

LD, I love the makeup pic with the plum eye, but I think natural will look even more beautiful. Natural makeup just seems to blend in with beautiful Jamaica. Whatever you choose, I know you'll be gorgeous.
-----------------
Forgot to mention I'm going with the natural look or one similar. I really am not a makeup lady so I don't see how I can even sit still long enough for them to do the other look. I'll be in the bathroom taking it off a second later:grin:. I found another look I'll post later when I scan it. It's soo cute. It's just skin, a little mascara and some lip gloss but I love the hair too (waves and shine) I'd just alter with hair up (half up half down I mean). But I'll post that when I can later on.

Okay so here's the revised pic for the makeup and hair. I saw it and got excited. I don't know about jamaica as it's sooo hot from what I hear. But I'm hoping as it'll be fall it'll be a little cooler. Maybe I'll get a jeweled/crystal head band so it can be back but still loose. Or jeweled barrets because I still want to put a flower in my hair and I don't want it to be overkill. I was thinking half up half down until I saw this in a magazine. I could do a twist out with ends rolled on my natural hair and get a similar look but flat iron the root, or flat iron the whole head for a sleeker look like this and do something similar (twist out) since I'm back at mbl after cutting out countless layers I should be able to swing this look. I realize I will have hair and makeup artists
hired, but I want hair mostly done and they just touch up stuff as I don't trust many people with my hair. As for length....hopefully I'll be much further along by next year as my denman setback and layers from stylist have made me have to cut to shoulder last year and now I'm back where I started at mbl (not complaining as I want to manifest more abundance, but it is discouraging a little as I want to be further along. But I am realizing that I have gotten far and am grateful. Okay enough of that.).

I love the makeup too. I do think I'll do the eyes which are just mascara and probably a sheer gold like here,and lip gloss. Only difference is I think I'll take gabrielle's lipgloss in the other pic which is sheer but a little redder..or maybe not.. Either way I love this look: hair/ makeup that's very sheer.

qzet8p.jpg
[/IMG]

with this dress mentioned before
007_primary.jpg

3059_x2.jpg

I think I'm done with the whole look now yay! It's so my style: simple, laid back, and glamorous but elegant.

I will NOT wear foundation, or if I do it'll be an all natural mineral and very sheer cause I just can't hang with too much makeup and with this look I can be down to lip gloss, possible mineral makeup, mascara, possible sheer gold shadow on eyes and kim!

Oh and before I thought I wasn't going to wear a veil. But I like how this one sits back on the head. So I think I'll have a sheer simple veil (not intricate so it doesn't compete with the dress and balances out the look) like this:
2r4hp2s.jpg

Last edited:
I was going to leave this thread alone but my father thinks otherwise.

I got engaged earlier this month. My FH and I wanted to wait until 2012 after he graduates from grad school. My father, however thinks it's too long and is pushing us to move the date to summer 2011.

We haven't made a decision yet but I will be lurking this thread.

my little sister is getting married next summer, I will be in this thread for tips as I'm helping her plan the wedding :)

Congrats to all you fabulous ladies! I am very excited for each of you! :grin::yep:

I'm no where NEAR in a relationship, let alone an engagement. But I love "Say Yes to the Dress" (not just because it is a bridal show, but I love dresses in general) and "My Fair Wedding!" It's AMAZING to see what David Tutera does with some of this wild wedding themes. And I watch "Amazing Wedding Cakes" but I just like to see what people can do with cakes...it's crazy!

I'll check back in this thread just because I'm a nosy gal! :rolleyes:

Ok ladies love this thread subscribing be back later to post some pics. I'm like optimus I'll be engaged this year Im claim it for sure.
But there a negative terrible show on tlc now right after say yes to the dress and I'm writing them an email to get rid of it pronto. It's called left at the altar if some of you ladies want to send some emails to help cancelthis show before it gets started pls write away.
I know things like this happen but people who are watching
syttd and bribing home baby, baby story etc type shows don't need to see that negativity in reruns and new tales
of wedding tragedy on the daily they've already shown this
show 4 x this weekend alone it's like being bombarded by
negativity. I had my DVD set to record and got that show instead of syttd Atlanta

Ugh, I try to avoid negativity in general so this show really stinks to hear about. I definitely won't be watching. Good on you for writing in about it.

Don't tell anybody, but I know people who can make it happen. Maybe pink harem pants and a veil and...

You'll look great with a hip length 'do, Whimsy. I'd been meaning to ask you :poke: about your hair plans. I remember you wanted a half-up, half-down style.

DO IT! I dare you....or at least for the bedroom party after your wedding :) Owww!!!

Thanks! Yup half up half down, i'll go hunting for pics soon. I'm just gunna do it myself (yes i'll be posting my trials here dont u worry!) instead of trusting someone else to do it. What are your hair plans for the big day? You know I loved your waveycurls you did with your carusos...have you given your 'do any thought?

Don't get stressed!!! I changed my colors 3 times in 3 weeks. I even had to re-order my save the dates to get my final color choice (pink n grey)

As for mom's guestlist...you'll have to stand up to her. It's you and hubby2be's special day, not mamas!

View attachment 77550

Youve got a lot done!! congrats. I love your theme and cant wait to see pictures of YOUR day.

Whimsy, love your dress and natural makeup choices!
Optimus Prime, I like the black dress. It's fitted and has nice style.

I really want to get my hair together before I get married, BUT I won't wait on it. Lol!

Thanks for coming to join us! Work on your hair, but if it's not where you want it giiirl weave it up. Your pictures on the big day will be forever. we can't have any buckwheat lookin pics!! :) (not that u would but u know what i mean)

As for budget, i know it's rude to talk about money or whatever, but I'm going inexpensive on this party. I'm not having a traditional wedding which cuts costs a lot. It's going to be in vegas, ceremony at mandalay bay, and the "reception" is really a cocktail party in a suite with a view of hte strip, then we're taking a strip tour in a double decker bus (possibly hosted by elvis...don't judge me) Then whoever is still standing can join us for some dancing at a venue yet to be determined. I'm looking to spend 10k or less and so far it's looking rather doable. It'll be more like a dressed up fun-day in vegas versus a wedding...

Second:
I wanted to comment on the cake and dress rental thing:

Cake, I never understood why people pay upper hundreds to thousands for a cake. If it makes you happy go for it, but really it's just cake.

As for dresses: I know someone who had a dress rental, and she was happy with it. And it was in California actually. That's a good idea if you're on a budget but want a more expensive line..

I've never heard of renting a dress/cake etc. It's not an option for me, but to save costs seems like it could be a good idea for some.

Have you ladies seen this show My Fair Wedding? I love how he takes clueless or tasteless brides and glams them up. Some of them have really weird themes.

I LOVE my fair wedding. so fun to see the stuff he comes up with.
None of it is ever my style, but they're all SOOOO gorgeous. (except for this one red one he did that looked like a freakin bordello)

Either way I love this look: hair/ makeup that's very sheer.

qzet8p.jpg
[/IMG]

with this dress mentioned before
007_primary.jpg

3059_x2.jpg

I think I'm done with the whole look now yay! It's so my style: simple, laid back, and glamorous but elegant.

I will NOT wear foundation,

LOVE
LOVE
LOVE
LOOOOOOVVVEEEEEEE
your makeup and hair pic.
i'm TOTALLY stealing it, sorry.
the natural goldeybrowns are just perfect.
No foundation? that's gangsta.

I was going to leave this thread alone but my father thinks otherwise.

I got engaged earlier this month. My FH and I wanted to wait until 2012 after he graduates from grad school. My father, however thinks it's too long and is pushing us to move the date to summer 2011.

We haven't made a decision yet but I will be lurking this thread.

Don't have your wedding for anyone but you.

Congrats on getting engaged and YAY for FH and grad school!!

Congrats to all you fabulous ladies! I am very excited for each of you! :grin::yep:

I'm no where NEAR in a relationship, let alone an engagement. But I love "Say Yes to the Dress" (not just because it is a bridal show, but I love dresses in general) and "My Fair Wedding!" It's AMAZING to see what David Tutera does with some of this wild wedding themes. And I watch "Amazing Wedding Cakes" but I just like to see what people can do with cakes...it's crazy!

I'll check back in this thread just because I'm a nosy gal! :rolleyes:

Girl you don't have to be in a relationship to be in here. Claim it. And come share pretty pictures and stuff with us!!!

OK, I've been on vacation and I see I've missed a lot. Congrats to all the new 2011 brides who checked in!!!

I ordered my dress from david's and they told me it would be in at the end of november, WHY did they email me telling me it had arrived and I needed to come pick it up!?
If I knew it would be in in 2 weeks I wouldn't have ordered it so early. Where the F do they expect me to store it!? Jerks.

I'm excited to get back to planning. John and I are going out to Vegas to meet with potential vendors in October. We're also doing our engagement flicks out there. So excited about that too. I'm considering doing a makeup trial while I'm there, which would be wonderful for right before the engagement pic shoot...I guess we'll see.
My other option is to do it on my own....*gulp*

I'm kinda anxious and annoyed with the vendor process, being out of state, having so many "what-ifs" and having to most likely double book because of the unknown factor of how many people will actually show up. ::sigh::

How's your planning going?

LOVE
LOVE
LOVE
LOOOOOOVVVEEEEEEE
your makeup and hair pic.
i'm TOTALLY stealing it, sorry.
the natural goldeybrowns are just perfect.
No foundation? that's gangsta.

!
See now whimsy! I knew I shouldn't post my stuff in here:lachen:.
And see when you type sorry I just didn't feel it. :look: I mean I feeeeeeel like you really aren't sorry:grin:
Yeah no foundation. I figure you just have to have the skin in tip top shape and then what's the use? My skin is on point so I might just do it...the only thing I might do is get some of those rice papers that soak up the oil. Or a light dusting of mineral makeup to do the same thing (soak up oil) but really light. I really don't like to feel like there's anything on my skin.

See now whimsy! I knew I shouldn't post my stuff in here:lachen:.
And see when you type sorry I just didn't feel it. :look: I mean I feeeeeeel like you really aren't sorry:grin:
Yeah no foundation. I figure you just have to have the skin in tip top shape and then what's the use? My skin is on point so I might just do it...the only thing I might do is get some of those rice papers that soak up the oil. Or a light dusting of mineral makeup to do the same thing (soak up oil) but really light. I really don't like to feel like there's anything on my skin.

hahahahaa youre right cuz i didnt mean that sorry!!!
i''m stealin ur inspiration and I DONT CURRRR

Back