The 2011 Wedding Thread

Well ladies, I think I've found my photographer!!! I'm excited......you can check out his work at scharadl.com. He is Bahamian, albeit located on an island different from where I plan to have my wedding so I have to fly him to the location.............shoot we both have to fly to where I'm getting married LOL!!

Anyways, he does candid shots which is right up my alley because I'm not a poser.............in fact, I absolutely hate taking photos!

I'm still gunna be postin in here even tho i'm an old married lady now :)

pics and wedding weekend recap on my blog OK, Dani for anyone interested.

71720_1551794429672_1079486142_31549856_5260611_n.jpg

Well ladies, I think I've found my photographer!!! I'm excited......you can check out his work at scharadl.com. He is Bahamian, albeit located on an island different from where I plan to have my wedding so I have to fly him to the location.............shoot we both have to fly to where I'm getting married LOL!!

Anyways, he does candid shots which is right up my alley because I'm not a poser.............in fact, I absolutely hate taking photos!

Ooohhhhhh, your pics are going to be so great. I know SchardL, we went to school together. He is such a great photographer. You will be very pleased. :yep:

Oh gosh you made a beautiful bride. You and your new hubby are a gorgeous couple. BTW Love the blog.

I missed the wedding! Oh Whimsy, you all looked fabulous!!! Congrats (belated).

Congrats, I love the wedding pix, you both look GREAT. Im happy for you. I checked out the blog, you keep it "real" and I love it! thanks for sharing.

Whimsy, you look stunning. Congratulations on your nuptials..

I've always wanted to elope, but with mine and FH's family, it would be nothing but DRAMA..:lachen:

I did make some changes with the date/time and venue for my wedding.

I'll be back later to post everything...:grin:

Hi Ladies,

So here are the changes we have made as far as our wedding is concerned...

We've changed the date from March 16th to July 9th, 2011. The reason being, DD would have already graduated from Kindergarten, so we don't have to worry about her missing school and her recital would have already pass.

I recently was laid off from my job,:sad:, and FH is the only one working right now. We were suppose to go to Jamaica the end of this month to pick our location, but that's not going to work out.. Gotta save as much as possible..:ohwell: Being that we would have to make at least 2 more trips to JA before our nuptials, we have decided to get married on the beach in Florida. It will between Ft Lauderdale or Miami. Since we both LOVE Florida, it actually works out.

We're thinking to get married on the beach and possibly do a cruise sit down dinner for the reception. (This is still questionable as some people may become sea sick!! I most certainly don't want NONE of that during the reception!!).

We are still working on the other details as far as colors and so one.. I thought I found a dress, but I saw a few more that I may want to try. With that said, I'm still searching!!:lachen:

Updates to follow in the future!!:grin:

First time looking through this thread! I love it!
Not even engaged, in fact in a newish relationship, but I'm setting my date! I will be married in October 2012. Law of attraction baby!

@jamaicasmodona the changes sound cool. there are beautiful beaches down there and tons of companies that do beach weddings...like barefoot weddings comes to mind... but there are tons.

the cruise idea sounds nice, but i'd be scared of someone upchuckin in their first course as well lol.

lesedi girl you do not need to be engaged to be in here. you need to CLAIM IT and it will come. You WILL be married by the date you set forth. Claim it and stay up in here for inspiration :)

Last edited:
So, I'm hoping my ring is finish before Christmas. It is being custom made by Diamonds International and it is a white gold bezel set solitaire ring (size 4) from their 88cut collection (the diamond has eight sides....I LOVE IT!!!). If I knew how to post a pic of it I would.

Congratulations, Whimsey! I lost track of this thread for a minute and wow! :drunk: I can't see the pics at work so I will view when I get home. I know you were a beautiful bride. Many blessings to you and your new hubby! :grin:

I have been stalking this thread for awhile now. lol

Whimsy, your wedding pictures are beautiful. You were a beautiful bride!!!

I'm not rushing things now and would prefer to be surprised and have things happen naturally in my relationship. But at the same time I can't help but wonder what everything will be like when it happens and how the wedding planning will interfere w/ however my life will be at that time. I guess you could say I'm an undercover control freak. lol

Hey Ladies,

I just found this thread. I am getting married in May 2011 in Jamaica and I can't wait!!

@ Whimsy~ Your wedding pictures are beautiful. You were a gorgeous bride!!!

Ladies I need an answer to Sunday weddings? Also, cakes...whose willing to use a grocery store bakery.....I am...but I'm not a big fan of cake.

Back