BridalHairDiBratto3.jpg

wedding%2Bhairstyles.jpg

hair-laurens02.jpg

half%2Bup%2Bhalf%2Bdown%2Bhair%2Bcopy.jpg

love this:
7-new.jpg

hairstyle2.jpg

jennifer_love_hewitt_grecian_goddess_hairstyle256.jpg

Hi ladies, brides and brides to be. Just checking in.

Luckiestdestiny, I pretty much like all the makeup shots you posted, but the most recent one is gorgeous.
Whimsy, that buckwheat comment was hilarious. I just don't have the magic touch when it comes to straightening and styling. I went back to my old stylist. I'm so happy I did. I'll most likely weave it up for my big day.

Not sure if this has been asked already, but are you ladies saying your own vows or reciting the regular ones? Has anyone found their "song" yet?

@ Whimsy

Love these, they could be done as 1 style, it would look so pretty on you

wedding%2Bhairstyles.jpg

floral-hair-accessories-for-informal-wedding-dress.jpg

7-new.jpg

I'm not liking the side-ponytail though it doesn't seem to hit the mark. JMO

Hi ladies, brides and brides to be. Just checking in.

Luckiestdestiny, I pretty much like all the makeup shots you posted, but the most recent one is gorgeous.
Whimsy, that buckwheat comment was hilarious. I just don't have the magic touch when it comes to straightening and styling. I went back to my old stylist. I'm so happy I did. I'll most likely weave it up for my big day.

Not sure if this has been asked already, but are you ladies saying your own vows or reciting the regular ones? Has anyone found their "song" yet?

We're going to have the officiant say some words, have a reading by my brother, and then we will say our own vows. I'm nervous about it.

@ Whimsy

Love these, they could be done as 1 style, it would look so pretty on you

I'm not liking the side-ponytail though it doesn't seem to hit the mark. JMO

Thanks, those 3 could be 1 style ur so right! I love them too, the side pony can be so pretty and elegant, and i wouldn't have to fuss or worry about my hair. then it would be easy to put up in a loose bun at the end of the night when I'm ready to dance teh night away.

Half up is still in the lead.

We're going to have the officiant say some words, have a reading by my brother, and then we will say our own vows. I'm nervous about it.

Thanks, those 3 could be 1 style ur so right! I love them too, the side pony can be so pretty and elegant, and i wouldn't have to fuss or worry about my hair. then it would be easy to put up in a loose bun at the end of the night when I'm ready to dance teh night away.

Half up is still in the lead.

Well I'm voting for the half-up you can still put it all up later if you want, but you're hairs gorgeous you should flaunt it if you want t but whatever you choose it will be pretty. Are you wearing a tiara, headpiece or hair accessories?

Last edited:
Well I'm voting for the half-up you can still put it all up later if you want, but you're hairs gorgeous you should flaunt it if you want t but whatever you choose it will be pretty. Are you wearing a tiara, headpiece or hair accessories?

I am going to wear a veil for the ceremony (grudgingly) and I think i've decided on half up, so I can tuck the veil into there, and when i take it off, i'll put some sparkley accessory in its place. ::running off to find pics::

I'm starting to get anxious. I feel like things just got real.

I booked our planning trip to Vegas for October last night, and now I'm looking at all the places we want to schedule visits with in the 3 measly days we're there....and there are just so many options we like.

It's gunna be one busy long weekend. Cake Tastings, Site visits, Hotel visits/tours, Restaurant visits and possible tastings, party suite tours...::sigh::

I'm kinda worried we won't be able to see everything we want to because it'll be a big wedding weekend (10/10/10)... I'm hoping for the best.

Also, the photographer who's doing our engagement pics out there contacted me, to confirm so now I'm all thinking about my outfit/hair/makeup for that shoot too.

Just so many decisions!!

Sigh. The darn libra weighing things back and forth strikes again. I don't usually believe in astrology (though a good friend of mine lives by it so maybe it's cause I'm always listening to her...anyhoo)...Whatever the reason I think I'm in love with two dresses...:spinning: First the one I posted which is elegant, and vintagy ...now theres one that's light and romantic (still body conscious. I didn't lose all that weight for nothing:grin:). Maybe it's my mood lately? Anyways I saw this dress posted by another bride online.

This is NOT ME or my pic.

She posted it and it's listed on google images so I assume it's not a problem posting it here. It just looks sooo dreamy...and we're both petite...what's a lady to do? AND I love how white compliments her brown tone. I love that it's flirty but still modern, but also fun and whimsical. Perhaps I could have them add scattered crystals?

NOT A PIC OF ME BUT CUTE DRESS AND WE BOTH HAVE SIMILAR HOUR GLASS FIGURES although I'm a little smaller than her. :
119qglg.jpg

Here's the professional pic of it:
2dikgva.jpg

and here's my other love.....:
nx5lc3.jpg

I love the crystal and vintage detailing, but I would have my hair and the flower in it to make it more "fun" as I want a happy go lucky wedding vibe (instead of a serious one). BUT I still want a stand out dress...just one that compliments me. PLUS I need to retry. Not sure if this is for a lady with boobies. Not that I'm super big, but I'm a small D or large C, and I'm thinking this is more for the A ladies. Whereas the straps in the other can hold my boobies up.

I'm thinking a destination wedding calls for the first one. I LOVE them both the same. I guess I'll go try them on when my mom comes and make a decision already. She wants to go dress shopping with me. I was just going to buy the other (and they were holding a certain price I haggled until mid month), but I guess I'll just wait until Oct, and try them on, and take pics...and:drunk:

Last edited:
Wow, LuckiestD. Hard decision. You almost need to try both on and take photos in them. I love, love, love the detail in the first dress, but I love the fit of the 2nd dress. Hard decision!

Where on google are you finding pics? I need to keep looking. Thanks.

Wow, LuckiestD. Hard decision. You almost need to try both on and take photos in them. I love, love, love the detail in the first dress, but I love the fit of the 2nd dress. Hard decision!

Where on google are you finding pics? I need to keep looking. Thanks.
Just for fun I go to Google images.
http://www.google.com/imghp?hl=en&tab=wi
I was typing in the type of wedding dress I wanted and I like to see what pops up incase there's something I didn't consider. For instance type in what you like: vintage style wedding dress, or tiered wedding dress, beach wedding dress, or 2011 corset wedding dress, or beaded halter style wedding dress for example. Instead of having to click into every link, and see the pics there, google images will show the pics up front all on the same page like ten in each row, multiple rows down. So basically you can view hundreds of pics by just using your arrow key without having to click a link. And you can just scroll down and look at wedding dresses for days. Click the pics to see links and what dress (at the links provided) and go from there.

It's like a surprise because sometimes really cool pics pop up. Sometimes nothing that interests me.
I like to do that sometimes because even with all the looking there's no way to possibly see everything. When you do that, it pops up with hundreds of pics on the page from different sites. And if you see one you like and click it goes to the site and also you'll see the name of the dress.

Also sometimes a pic doesn't do justice and you need video. On theknot.com if you go to the video section at the top and when you click it, go down and click wedding dresses and you'll get videos of fashion shows from different designers. Once you start seeing what you like, you'll notice certain designers keep popping up (at least I did). Check out the videos and see how the dresses look when they're moving and in certain lighting. It's really fun to do. They also have videos on how to do your hair, and pic out dresses for the right body size. I can spend hours there when I have the time as it's so fun!

As for my dress decision:
Uou're right. It is a hard decision because they're both so amazing in their own ways. I'll make sure to take photos when I try them on in Oct! I think just like Whimsy said that the last one is more I'd say intricately) beautiful whereas my belief on the first one is that it's more romantically beautiful. We'll see. Maybe taking pics will help cause I'll get to see what to do.

Last edited:
Back up plan:

Okay so I'm counting on my deep moisture regimen and sabino to stop reversion. But as I arrive in Jamaica two days before, I'll see how it keeps. If there's just no fighting (as I'll have my hair flat ironed), then I'll do a braid out and release it into these styles with the braids on the side:

25jf8yx.jpg

2wdsf0j.jpg

or this one without the big thing in the back, don't know why it's shaped like that but I like the idea of the hair due in the front and sides:
2bprbl.jpg

21nmsjt.jpg[

on a blow out:
2z6gxsk.jpg

or finally if humidity's too bad...this look is gorgeous but I'd rather wear my hair like this any other day just on a normal daily basis:
qp44ee.jpg

Regardless of if I do that or what was in my previous post (well a few posts back)...depending on humidity, I will still have orchids in my hair as that's also going to be my bouquet.

339r0jr.jpg

except mine will be more the pinkish purplish ones.

Here's another ex even though it's not an orchid it gives you the idea of how I want them placed just like this one:
2ykm8ew.jpg

I also have some ideas for how to make the ceremony more personal for us, and a little less traditional. So I will type up those probably later.
It's a lot...so I know I'll procrastinate.
But some thoughts:
Meeting in the middle of the aisle (the groom meets me and then we walk together). We meet under candles because four to six people have walked down the aisles and stopped at staggered intervals across from each other holding candles (they are to the far end of the aisle and they'll be facing us when we meet in the middle)....there's tons more but that's the beginning.

We want a special unique ceremony so we'll have elements that will include the guests participating in the ceremony. Will get to that later....I'm going to go take a nap lol it's too early...! darn this insomnia

Last edited:
If the date doesn't change again, we plan to get married the day after my birthday (3rd June - Bahamas Labour Day) June 4, 2011 in the Bahamas. We will be honeymooning in Costa Rica for a week and then head to Exuma (island where I grew up) for a couple of days to celebrate the Barraterre Festival.

I want no more than 100 people (will be a major struggle and will require not inviting some family members) and no bridal party. I need to start looking for a dress....I'm thinking the weekend of Thanksgiving.

I don't want to spend an arm and a leg on this wedding (my mother will be sponsoring it because I did not want a "wedding" to begin with......this really is for her). I figure a better investment would be for us to purchase a home in the U.S. together.

If we choose to get married summer 2011, we're thinking of doing it here.

[video=youtube;dB8FvHMgdyQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dB8FvHMgdyQ[/video]

I really like the idea of a destination wedding because there is a lot less planning involved (seeing that I'm in med school, he's in school and has no interest in the details).

This place is one of the more unique destination packages that I've seen. You and your guests go on a 45minute boat ride to the secluded beach. On the way there are lots of opportunities for whale and dolphin watching. It is a bit of a party boat with open bar and entertainment so the guests bond both before and after the wedding.

The island is secluded enough to feel personal, yet it has things like parrot watching and a fire dancing show... options that can make for a great reception.

We are still thinking it over though...

luckiestdestiny
OMG those gowns are gorgeous. I think they have the same overall shape except the 2 nd gown is less fitted to the body and the 1st gown is fitted to the body and if your an hourglass or pear that dress will be spectacular I think it's more young hip and sexy than the 2 nd gown so you have to have the body and sass to carry gown 1 off.
The gown 2 is more traditional and more conservative and more for a quiet conservative type person. Try them both on if u can but I love gown 1.
Who makes it btw?

Last edited:
Princessnad-that location looks amazing!!! Romantic, exotic, yet fun. It literally took my breath away. I hope you pick that selection and post lots of photos!!

luckiestdestiny
OMG those gowns are gorgeous. I think they have the same overall shape except the 2 nd gown is less fitted to the body and the 1st gown is fitted to the body and if your an hourglass or pear that dress will be spectacular I think it's more young hip and sexy than the 2 nd gown so you have to have the body and sass to carry gown 1 off.
The gown 2 is more traditional and more conservative and more for a quiet conservative type person. Try them both on if u can but I love gown 1.
Who makes it btw?

Hey Lucia
I'm pretty excited about both of them. They're just so pretty!

The gown you've asked about is by: Pronovias.

the other incase anyone wonders, I'll just put the name out there too, it's by Lazaro

I'm a little of both (conservative but also artsy and I guess my clothing choices are a mesh of hip and unique but also timeless...which is an oxy moron I guess but it is what it is. It's like I have a split personality :) part of me is really modern and the other is conservative. It figures I'd pick both).

Princessnad,

I love the concept of the private island destination wedding. However, do some research about using the private island off of Puerto Vallarta...Here's what I've heard of SOME weddings.
1. Tide was too strong to go to island (weather issues)
2. After group has boarded island....can't dock due to waves or some reasons....plans had to be redone in a hurry

Make sure the company you use have a contingency plan for these possibilities.

Back