2009 Brides roll call/support thread

Tried on my dress, LOVE IT, will be ordering it next week.

Put the deposit down at the resort where we're getting married - super excited.

Now I have to figure out the official invites, who's going to be my attendant (don't know who all is coming yet and my BFF has to take her son back to school around the same time), and my jewelry. Already picked out my shoes, and FH's suit and shoes have been selected.

I don't know why I haven't been posting in here :perplexed My wedding is in 20 days and it still hasn't really dawned on me yet. It just doesn't seem real. I feel like I've taken care of everything, but there are little details I should be taking care of this Memorial Day weekend, instead I've been lounging around.

I am starting to get excited though :spinning:

I'm really picking up steam with my wedding stuff. I've got the site, catering, florist, photographer, hairstylist...The only major vendor I need is the videographer.

Next I need to order my dress and settle on the bridesmaids dresses. I know which dress I love, but I just have to order it. I'm going to go with one of those online dressmakers from China that make exact replicas of designer dresses. I was nervous about it at first, but I've seen pics from actual weddings and they are gorgeous! I am still trying to get over the sticker shock of the dresses in the bridal shops.

Hello ladies!:hiya2:

I don't post much, but here goes!

When is the big date? August 8, 2009
Where (city, state) are you getting married? Negril, Jamaica
What have you done so far? Booked the rooms and wedding location
Theme? Beach
Colors? Ivory

I have not picked out my dress yet, but I am looking for a destination gown!

Yeah, time is flying by. We go get our marriage license next week on the 9th. Everything is coming along..Awaiting all my RSVPs to come back so I can do seating chart. My dress is being altered. Due for pick up a week before wedding. Still need to purchase alcohol for reception and find me a makeup artist.
Also, I still havent settled on a hair style but I have a few pics that are my top five. Ladied Please chime in and help me decide.

Ok, this is my 1st Choice (But in Micro Braids)
15538878_1c2bfd341243967853.jpg

2nd Choice (Again, in Micro Braids)
15538885_2df54cdb1243967975.jpg

3rd
15538891_12d3badd1243968083.jpg

15538894_74e7c76a1243968122.jpg

4th
15538900_e317eb451243968241.jpg

5th
15538897_1238c7b61243968167.jpg

Yeah, time is flying by. We go get our marriage license next week on the 9th. Everything is coming along..Awaiting all my RSVPs to come back so I can do seating chart. My dress is being altered. Due for pick up a week before wedding. Still need to purchase alcohol for reception and find me a makeup artist.
Also, I still havent settled on a hair style but I have a few pics that are my top five. Ladied Please chime in and help me decide.

Ok, this is my 1st Choice (But in Micro Braids)
15538878_1c2bfd341243967853.jpg

2nd Choice (Again, in Micro Braids)
15538885_2df54cdb1243967975.jpg

3rd
15538891_12d3badd1243968083.jpg

15538894_74e7c76a1243968122.jpg

4th
15538900_e317eb451243968241.jpg

5th
15538897_1238c7b61243968167.jpg

I like 1 & 5 :grin::yep:

Alright I've kept this far too long to myself. I just got engaged last month:grin:. Right now he's is still fulfilling the traditional rites (I'm Nigerian).

No date yet but I'm pretty sure it will be sometime after Christmas and before the new year.

We are having two weddings the traditional and church wedding around the same time.

I haven't thought about colors yet but I'm leaning towards peach:grin:

Congrats JerseyGirl.... Sounds like you two will have your work cut out for you with two weddings. Thanks for the vote as well. Im really loving the 1st style too...Im just so undecieve when it comes to my hair, lol..
Keep us posted on your wedding progress..

ETA: I just noticed your from Newark I have family there.

Congrats JerseyGirl.... Sounds like you two will have your work cut out for you with two weddings. Thanks for the vote as well. Im really loving the 1st style too...Im just so undecieve when it comes to my hair, lol..
Keep us posted on your wedding progress..

ETA: I just noticed your from Newark I have family there.

Thanks Honeycomb I plan on using (oops did I say that:grin:) my sisters who live there. They do all the legwork, I sit back and direct the show:yep:.

When is the big date? June 6th, 2009
Where (city, state) are you getting married? Los Angeles, CA
What have you done so far? Reserved the church and started the reservations for the honeymoon. We're going to St. Thomas in the Virgin Islands.
Theme? "A Celebration of Black Love"
Colors? I keep changing my mind. At first I chose Tiffany blue and brown, but its too popular IMO. I may change it to pink and brown.

*disclaimer* I am soooo close to just running off to Vegas or the courthouse. Wedding planning is stressful. sigh. :wallbash:

HAPPY WEDDING DAY!!! :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Please update on how your day went!!!! :yep: :yep: :yep:

hey ladiea jus doing a quick check in from my celly. my wedding was nice but hectic. will have pics soon. a few sneek peeks r available on facebook....

RANT!!!

WHY are there NO magazines or books devoted to black women's wedding hairstyles???? :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash: And there are precious little pictures online of black wedding hairstyles.

I have a hair trial coming up in September and I am worried it is going to be hit or miss. I like the updo style with a swoop bang in the front and curls on the top but I have so few examples on black hair to work with. I also recently saw a pic of a style that I hated on all of the white models, but looked like an absolute dream on the black model.

I wish I had more examples!!! :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

I am sooooo late. I got married May 2nd of this year. I had a small beach wedding on Sand Key Beach in Clearwater, Florida. - used an all inclusive beach wedding company. This idea is perfect for the bride that wants a beautiful,romantic seaside ceremony, but don't want the stress that comes with a wedding. All I had to do was show up. They did everything, including set up, photography, videography, and they even set up a steel drum band that played the processional and recessional music. I highly recommend Weddings on a whim. My advice is just try to enjoy every second of the day it goes by sooooooo fast. Also if you do a beach ceremony and you have the money try to have the ceremony take place on a private beach not a public beach! If anyone has questions or wants advice on having a beach wedding just ask.......I am like an unofficial expert. I will try to post some more pics of how the "aisle"and chairs were decorated...for those of you dabbaling with the thoguht of a destination beach wedding.

Last edited:
Here are two pics from my wedding in June in Santa Monica, CA.

Attachments

• _V7I8033.jpg
    _V7I8033.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 79
  • _V7I8041.jpg
    _V7I8041.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Candy and Joyandfaith, two lovely brides with beautiful scenery for pics! That's why I want to have a DW.

Candy and Joyandfaith, two lovely brides with beautiful scenery for pics! That's why I want to have a DW.

I personally think that destination weddings deserve its own sticky, because a dw is a whole nother animal from any other type of wedding.

Hello ladies!:hiya2:

I don't post much, but here goes!

When is the big date? August 8, 2009
Where (city, state) are you getting married? Negril, Jamaica
What have you done so far? Booked the rooms and wedding location
Theme? Beach
Colors? Ivory

I have not picked out my dress yet, but I am looking for a destination gown!

My girlfriend got married in Negril. It was a nice ceremony. I would make a CD for the reception in case they don't have the music.

Back