2009 Brides roll call/support thread

I was watching a bridal show the other day and the planner mentioned that the new trend in bridesmaids is mix match dresses? The concept is to pick a color scheme or a menu option and give the brides maids a choice in what they can wear including hair and shoes?

I saw some TACKY options but they also showed some interesting new ideas as well. Anyone considering this?

I'm not engaged btw just curious.

Thx

Congrats to all the LHCF ladies getting married in '09!

I see a lot of engaged ladies around here so I just wanted to do a roll call/support thread for us '09 brides. :drunk::yep::spinning::grin:

When is the big date? right now, Friday, September 4, 2009
Where (city, state) are you getting married? Ocho Rios, Jamaica
What have you done so far? Nothing really! :grin: Just kidding, we're about to finalize our travel dates and put down our deposit. Now I have to come up with a cute Save the Date and look for a dress.
Theme? Island Joy
Colors? Not really. We're both wearing white and I don't know what I'm going to ask my MOH to wear. I just want everyone there to be comfortable and colorful.

When is the big date? October 17, 2009
Where (city, state) are you getting married? Myrtle Beach, SC
What have you done so far? everything is planned... just waiting on the day!
Theme? don't really have a theme
Colors? cornflower blue and silver

Congrats ladies!

I was watching a bridal show the other day and the planner mentioned that the new trend in bridesmaids is mix match dresses? The concept is to pick a color scheme or a menu option and give the brides maids a choice in what they can wear including hair and shoes?

I saw some TACKY options but they also showed some interesting new ideas as well. Anyone considering this?

I'm not engaged btw just curious.

Thx

This is EXACTLY what Im going for. My bridesmaids are all different heights and sizes so I want them to feel comfortable:yep:

Ok a date is finally set.....

When is the big date? July 11, 2009
Where (city, state) are you getting married? My home state of MI. A suburb of Detroit.
What have you done so far? Just getting the ball rolling on planning
Theme? Garden/ Romantic
Colors? Bordeaux and Cream

ETA: The date changed, lol...

Last edited:
I just confirmed my date with the coordinator at the resort, so now I can order my Save the Dates. I'm really happy, one more item to cross off the list.

Last edited:
When is the big date? October 3, 2009
Where (city, state) are you getting married? Austin TEXAS:grin:
What have you done so far? Everything is planned on Paper:rolleyes:
Theme? Earthy, Autumn night
Colors? All the colors of fall

This is the "hopeful" venue:
Chapel Dulcinea (FH isn't sold on this one:look:)
Tuscan Hall

OR Villa Antonia

Ok a date is finally set.....

When is the big date? June 13, 2009
Where (city, state) are you getting married? My home state of MI. A suburb of Detroit.
What have you done so far? Just getting the ball rolling on planning
Theme? Garden/ Romantic
Colors? Bordeaux and Cream

Congrats on your upcoming wedding...off topic, your baby girl is so adorable

I've started my wedding planning in full now. I'm scoping out sites. But at times I feel like I have NO idea of what I'm doing. It's so overwhelming.

I've started my wedding planning in full now. I'm scoping out sites. But at times I feel like I have NO idea of what I'm doing. It's so overwhelming.
It really is overwhelming!Me and my fh were ready to just go to jop and call it a day.We are in the process of hiring a wedding planner.Our wedding is in three months!We have the venue and place to get married.Everything else,:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

It really is overwhelming!Me and my fh were ready to just go to jop and call it a day.We are in the process of hiring a wedding planner.Our wedding is in three months!We have the venue and place to get married.Everything else,:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

It is quite overwhelming. So far we have the venue booked and minister and photographer locked. Ive prepared a itemized list for things to go buy and get. Just checking off as I go....

Well at least you have the venue. That's the main thing. I keep trying to tell myself one day at a time. Do you have the dress yet?? At least that part should be fun.

Everything seems so straightforward...until you have to handle all kinds of stuff you didn't think of.

It is quite overwhelming. So far we have the venue booked and minister and photographer locked. Ive prepared a itemized list for things to go buy and get. Just checking off as I go....

You seem to have it all under control. :grin: I am at the point where my to-do list (and estimated cost) :( is expanding faster than I am checking things off.

I am sending out my save the dates within two weeks. I am feeling really good. We have done a lot and I turned everything over to my planner. Now I just keep making payments and get ready for the big day.

I am sending out my save the dates within two weeks. I am feeling really good. We have done a lot and I turned everything over to my planner. Now I just keep making payments and get ready for the big day.

Wow, you are really sitting pretty!! :grin: Now you will be well rested for the ceremony and cna just take everything in. I had a good friend that got married who did everything herself to cut costs. She was so stressed out on the day of the wedding. I hope I don't end up like that. :nono:

Well at least you have the venue. That's the main thing. I keep trying to tell myself one day at a time. Do you have the dress yet?? At least that part should be fun.

Everything seems so straightforward...until you have to handle all kinds of stuff you didn't think of.

Exactly to the bolded. I do have the dress though.That was fun!:grin:We picked a venue where we have to do everything decorate etc.that is the hard part.We do have a photographer and videographer,its the small thing that are begining to become overwelming.We got some save the dates magnets and postcards from vista print,they were free but we didn't really like how they turned out so we may not be giving those out.We really have til the end of the week for those anyway the wedding is in three months.Me and my future mil are going out this week to look at cakes.:wallbash:

When is the big date? July 4th 2009!!!!
Where (city, state) are you getting married? Springfield, OH
What have you done so far? Choose the venue, our church AND pick the place to take pics afterward... so pretty!
Theme? I did not know we were supposed to have a theme:ohwell:... does this go on the program or something LOL
Colors? Black and White... I am thinking of doing splashes of either bright purple or turqouise in the flowers and other decorations... not sure yet.

I just got engaged February 9, 2009 at 12:30am *tear*..I'm still on the darn high.

The wedding is in
Boston, MA
September 18, 2010. So I'm not a 2009 bride but close enough.

I just got engaged February 9, 2009 at 12:30am *tear*..I'm still on the darn high.

The wedding is in
Boston, MA
September 18, 2010. So I'm not a 2009 bride but close enough.

Congratuations!!!! Wow, you are already on top of things with the planning. I am still at square one trying to find a good location.

When is the big date? April 10, 2009
Where (city, state) are you getting married? Columbus, Ga
What have you done so far? Everything except what I am gonna do about my hair!!!
Theme? No theme.....just keeping it simple!!
Colors? yellow and white

Alot has been done since my last post. WE have purchased alot of our wedding decor for the reception, but still have a few items left on the list. Also, I purchased my wedding dress. YAY!!! They didnt have my size or color in, so it is being shipped. My fitting for alterations is made, and two of my four bridemaids have found their dress. Now, Im searching for invites....This wedding stuff is exhausting.....

Hi everyone! :wave: This is my very first post on this forum...congratulations to all the brides and brides-to-be!

When is the big date? September 26, 2009

Where (city, state) are you getting married? Summerlin, NV (just outside of Vegas)

What have you done so far? Bought my dream dress, chose the venue, hired the wedding planner, chose a letterpress designer, picked my attendants, and planned a lot of the details in my head...LOL

Theme? No

Colors? Smoky plum, Cream, Chocolate, and Gold

I really have to get moving if I'm going to pull this thing off at the end of September. Meeting with the wedding planner and vendors again the second week in May, so hopefully I can have some productive meetings and get the ball rolling...

When is the big date? August 2, 2009
Where (city, state) are you getting married? Atlanta, GA
What have you done so far? Pretty much everything, I'm doing a few DIY things to make our day unique and personalized.
Theme? Southern Elegance
Colors? Chocolate Ivory & Gold

Back