The 2010 Wedding Thread

Hello Ladies,

I am forwarding info for a friend. She is doing a thesis on jumping the broom and is looking for women who have done so. Her email to me is below and contact information. Contact her directly if you are interested.

Tell her Emily Walton Robinson told you about it.

Greetings and salutations friends and family. I am starting
to work on my thesis film, which is a historical documentary on the
tradition of "jumping the broom". I need as many photos and video of
couples jumping the broom as well as pictures of the broom itself as
possible. If you included this in your wedding ceremony or know of
anyone who did and is willing to share these pics/videos I would great
appreciate that. Included in that appreciation is a special thank you in
the movie credits itself and my personal guarantee that all materials
will be returned safely. Please forward this email to anyone you know
that may have these items. I may also need couples who are willing to
appear in the film and discuss the use of this tradition in their
weddings.

Gratefully,
Sharon L. Williams
BX Productions

[email protected]

917 202 8465

OMG I'm getting married in 5 Days!!! i woke up with a thousand butterflies this morning....im actually getting a little nervous..

Early congratulations!!!! :D :D

Post pics when you get a chance. Even one lil' pic would be alright!

(I know you'll have a zillion other things on your mind besides LHCF!!!)

Just got a call from the bridal salon! My dress is in! I'll try to snap a pic in it when I go try it on and post it for y'all.

Just got a call from the bridal salon! My dress is in! I'll try to snap a pic in it when I go try it on and post it for y'all.

Please post the pic if you can - how exciting! Hopefully it won't need too many (or any) alterations!

Have fun and enjoy the process...I know I am!

By the way - when do you move to Ohio? Right after the wedding?

Same here! From a great etsy vendor...PM me if you want more info!

My dresses will be locally made by my seamstress, she's terrific. I'm just trying to source the fabric. She made my dress in the engagement pic.

I just ordered my garter set from etsy though. Can't wait to get them:grin:.

Style- bridesmaid dresses http://www.jlmcouture.com/Jim-Hjelm-Occasions/Bridesmaid/Additional/Style-5823
Style- Maid of honour dress http://www.jlmcouture.com/Jim-Hjelm-Occasions/Bridesmaid/Additional/Style-5824

Ok ladies, so I've finally calmed down enough to post a pic or two...Honestly, my wedding day was the BEST day of my life...after we said I do nothing else mattered...Here's a sample...

deleted......

Last edited:
Ok ladies, so I've finally calmed down enough to post a pic or two...Honestly, my wedding day was the BEST day of my life...after we said I do nothing else mattered...Here's a sample...

Girl you looks sooooooo beautiful! Way to go!! Congrats to you. I actually shed a tear (im super emotional at the moment).

p.s. the scenery is GORGEOUS, where did u get married? Hubby looks to be a cutie too ;-)
But soooo freakin' excited for everyone (me too, mixed with alot of anxiety).

I too am feeling that once we say our I do's i wont give a rats tail about what else happens on the day.

Congrats again :-)

I honestly thought these were inspirational pics! Beautiful...these belong in the black brides thread.

Thank you! I understand about you being super emotional, you only have 2 weeks to go!!! Yay! Super exciting!

We got married in a garden in Alabama...

Your pictures are beautiful Crimsonvixen! Congratulations to you and your husband, and thank you for posting these!

Please post the pic if you can - how exciting! Hopefully it won't need too many (or any) alterations!

Have fun and enjoy the process...I know I am!

By the way - when do you move to Ohio? Right after the wedding?

Yep, the goal is to move within a month after the wedding. It's weird because I am job hunting, but by the time I get the job and give my notice, etc., it might be close to January that I start working in the new place. We're thinking that I might just keep working up here until the end of the year and keep those paychecks. He might spend that time up here with me (he's a professor, so school would be out).

But yes, by Jan. 1, I should be in Ohio!

congrats ladies...just wanted to say i pray that you all feel the love on your day if its coming soon...and those who have a little more time to get your day together i pray that God keeps it as stress free as possible....

Hey ladies

I'm happy to say that I am finally married... Whoop whoop!!

We had a really good day, beautiful ceremony and really fun reception; and everything actually really came together (which I was most scared about).

I am however glad its all over and just really looking forward to the future with my DH (grin).

At the min, really looking forward to getting the video/ pictures back to see our day through they eyes of others.

Will still be coming through this thread, can't wait to see the rest of you tie the knot too :-)

Last edited:
Back