The 2010 Wedding Thread

Wow, I didn't know this was here. I was engaged on New Years Eve of 2009 so it's been 1 year. Not planning to get married until the summer ( probably August ) of 2011. I'm excited but since the funds are a little tight, I'm researching and looking into ways to cut down the cost. Whatever tips I find, I write about it in my blog. I've only been blogging for about 7 months but I really like it and it helps me keep track. If interested, my blog is in my siggy! I hope to have a confirmed date for the wedding in within the next 3 months and hopefully, I can continue adding more material to my blog. Right now, I would love to show real life couples who have had weddings on a strict budget and made it work. Thinking of asking a few wedding photographers for tips. :)

Congratulations to you future brides. All I can say is that I'm glad mine is over. I had a destination wedding and it was crrazzzyy but everything worked out in the end.

I had 2 weddings in a space of 3 days so I was all over the place but my sisters came through for me big time.

Congratulations to you future brides. All I can say is that I'm glad mine is over. I had a destination wedding and it was crrazzzyy but everything worked out in the end.

I had 2 weddings in a space of 3 days so I was all over the place but my sisters came through for me big time.

I can't even imagine that, I had to plan an out-of-state wedding myself and it was crazy let alone having to plan two different weddings at the same time. CONGRATS!!!!

I can't even imagine that, I had to plan an out-of-state wedding myself and it was crazy let alone having to plan two different weddings at the same time. CONGRATS!!!!

In my culture, we usually do a traditional wedding and then a religious wedding. I had to travel to Nigeria for the traditional and we (DH and I) decided to do both while I was there.

Yayyy! I was waiting for this thread.

I got engaged on June 13, 2009. Our wedding will be June 26, 2010.

Our colors are classic black and white with pink accents.

Congrats ladies!

You're getting married this weekend!!!!!!!!! :)

You're getting married this weekend!!!!!!!!! :)

I am!!! Three days! Whew. There was so much planning. I'm ready for the day to finally get here and then to start my new life. I'm feeling a little anxious and a lot excited.

Bunny, is time really going that fast or did you bring your date forward? Im sure what seemed like last week you had 6 months and some change to go!? Now its 4 months and 20 days!! Wow...

Oh and best of luck GA Beauty. Be sure to share for wedding recap, im sooo happy and excited for you!!!

Bunny, is time really going that fast or did you bring your date forward? Im sure what seemed like last week you had 6 months and some change to go!? Now its 4 months and 20 days!! Wow...

Oh and best of luck GA Beauty. Be sure to share for wedding recap, im sooo happy and excited for you!!!

LOL... I was JUST saying to my fiance that it seems like time has flown... that we will be married in less than five months!

Actually, the date wasn't changed... I think we always had a short timeline (proposal came on April 18) and the date didn't become official until mid-May.

But you are SO right... the day is fast approaching!!! I feel like I have a million things to do -- not just for the wedding, but preparing to move and all that stuff!

Cool. Well it all depends on what your guests would like to do. Never been to Barbados so I can't comment on the pros/cons. One advantage of coming to the VI is that you can visit many of the islands in one trip due to the close proximity.

Cool. Well it all depends on what your guests would like to do. Never been to Barbados so I can't comment on the pros/cons. One advantage of coming to the VI is that you can visit many of the islands in one trip due to the close proximity.

Ooooh, that's where we're going for our honeymoon. Well USVI, that is. Any tips? Any good places we need to visit? I'll be there in just a few days!!

Yayyy! I was waiting for this thread.

I got engaged on June 13, 2009. Our wedding will be June 26, 2010.

Our colors are classic black and white with pink accents.

Congrats ladies!

Congratulations, you guys!! engaged 5/09. Getting married 6/26/10. In the thick of planning and want to blow my brains out. Theme colors are a Dark blue & Ivory with yellow accents.

Blessings to both of you getting married this upcoming Saturday! :grin: (Did you two realize you have the same date?)

Share lots of pics when you return! Congrats!

Ooooh, that's where we're going for our honeymoon. Well USVI, that is. Any tips? Any good places we need to visit? I'll be there in just a few days!!

St. Thomas, St. John or St. Croix? St. Thomas and St. John are very close, like a 15 minute ferry ride. St. John has alot of nice secluded beaches. St. Thomas is great for jewelry shopping. You can take a sky ride tour in St. Thomas (I've heard great things about that). You can also take submarine and glass bottom boat rides. Visit Yacht Haven Shopping Centre in St. Thomas if you want to shop at Coach, Bebe, White House Black Market etc. and while you are there have lunch at Fat Turtle. Stroll along Main Street to enjoy some great duty-free shopping.Try to arrange for island hopping and if time and budget allow the ferry ride to Tortola is about 45 minutes and $50 round trip.

The residents are friendly. If you choose to rent a vehicle, drive on the left side of the road. For a true taste of the islands catch the dollar bus. Rock braid-outs or twist-outs- rainy weather since last week:ohwell:. Catch the sunsets and observe how the moon lights up the entire sky and it's reflection on the ocean around full moon (Saturday is full moon). If you're brave, go to the beach in the evening (at least once). It's much warmer than when the sun is up.

St. Thomas, St. John or St. Croix? St. Thomas and St. John are very close, like a 15 minute ferry ride. St. John has alot of nice secluded beaches. St. Thomas is great for jewelry shopping. You can take a sky ride tour in St. Thomas (I've heard great things about that). You can also take submarine and glass bottom boat rides. Visit Yacht Haven Shopping Centre in St. Thomas if you want to shop at Coach, Bebe, White House Black Market etc. and while you are there have lunch at Fat Turtle. Stroll along Main Street to enjoy some great duty-free shopping.Try to arrange for island hopping and if time and budget allow the ferry ride to Tortola is about 45 minutes and $50 round trip.

The residents are friendly. If you choose to rent a vehicle, drive on the left side of the road. For a true taste of the islands catch the dollar bus. Rock braid-outs or twist-outs- rainy weather since last week:ohwell:. Catch the sunsets and observe how the moon lights up the entire sky and it's reflection on the ocean around full moon (Saturday is full moon). If you're brave, go to the beach in the evening (at least once). It's much warmer than when the sun is up.

We're going to St. Thomas and St. John. Thanks for the recommendations. I'll be back to post a recap in a few weeks! :grin:

Any of you ladies are petite? If so what type of dress and veil are you wearing. I'm getting a ball gown but I haven't decided on a veil.

^^ I think I fall in between petite and average I'm not exactly 5'5. I think up to 5'4 is petite. I'm like 5'4 1/2 or so. Size wise I'm very small now as well. I think of that as petite but I guess that depends on what a person thinks. I found the PERFECT dress for me, and it's not a ball gown. I think you'll have to be very careful with a ball gown being petite. My dress is a aline or sheath from Lazaro. It's pretty much cut on the bias and close to the body for the most part so that it doesn't consume me. It does have some intricate detailing and a small train. I'm not wearing a veil. I'm going to have a hair accessary with crystals and maybe netting (I'm looking but haven't found it yet but I know what I'm looking for).

I think petite women can rock ballgowns if they don't mind looking short. I don't really see that as a bad thing. Meaning oh gosh the ballgown makes your legs look shorter...who cares if you like your height? Or if you don't want to show off the body, then great because a ball gown can hide all manner of flaws. Or you just want to look like a princess....well great a ball gown is perfect for that. Also who cares about the rules as there are plenty of exceptions to it. I think that if you are petite though some helpful stuff is not having a train on your ball gown, and a really shaped waist so that the dress doesn't look like it's consuming you. That's the way I'd go if I were to wear a ballgown.

Well I think all of our plans are totally changing. We are about to go the route of an intimate ceremony with just are parents and maybe best friends (which is what I originally wanted to do...well sort of....I wanted to go before a Justice of the Peace and call it a day!). The "wedding" will probably be this year instead of October 2011 like we originally planned, we need to pick a new day.

Anyways congrats to everyone and I wish you all stress free planning!

Any of you ladies are petite? If so what type of dress and veil are you wearing. I'm getting a ball gown but I haven't decided on a veil.

I guess I'm somewhat petite -- 5'3 1/2" and 115 pounds.

My dress is sheath style with a mermaid bottom and the veil hits mid-back.

The ball gown style was one I looked at, but I actually found it to be too overpowering for my frame.

I am 5'1 and weigh to much 155. The mermaid bottom seems to work real well for me. I have tried on some of every style. I have not found the it dress yet. I have at the lastest late October/early November 2010. My mother's only request was the dress not come from David's Bridal.

I don't mind looking short at all. I'm 4"11 and weigh 95lbs at the moment. I lost some weight since I fell off my weight gain regimen. I'm a 32D and have a 23 inch waist. I'm not blessed in the hip area at all so I needed a ball gown to balance out my large bust. My seamstress thinks my dress is perfect for me. I'm on the fence about the long train though but I'll decide when it arrives. This is my dress http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress....eywordType=any&page=0&pageSize=15&style=A3403

I'll be wearing 4inch heels for the wedding.

I think petite women can rock ballgowns if they don't mind looking short. I don't really see that as a bad thing. Meaning oh gosh the ballgown makes your legs look shorter...who cares if you like your height? Or if you don't want to show off the body, then great because a ball gown can hide all manner of flaws. Or you just want to look like a princess....well great a ball gown is perfect for that. Also who cares about the rules as there are plenty of exceptions to it. I think that if you are petite though some helpful stuff is not having a train on your ball gown, and a really shaped waist so that the dress doesn't look like it's consuming you. That's the way I'd go if I were to wear a ballgown.

I actually have a height requirement (my funny way of saying no children)- you have to be taller than me to attend :lachen:.

I don't mind looking short at all. I'm 4"11 and weigh 95lbs at the moment. I lost some weight since I fell off my weight gain regimen. I'm a 32D and have a 23 inch waist. I'm not blessed in the hip area at all so I needed a ball gown to balance out my large bust. My seamstress thinks my dress is perfect for me. I'm on the fence about the long train though but I'll decide when it arrives. This is my dress http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress....eywordType=any&page=0&pageSize=15&style=A3403

I'll be wearing 4inch heels for the wedding.

A lot of the ladies on the destination wedding site are big Maggie fans. There is one dress for me that has potential by San Patrick.

Back