The 2011 Wedding Thread

Ladies,

My best friend is getting married. Her dress is ivory and we have looked EVERYWHERE for a cute ivory shoe with some sort of diamond embellishment....and can't find anything. When I got married, I bought my shoes from Macy's, but she's had no luck there either. Her wedding is in January. Could any of you share where you got your wedding shoes from? Or maybe post some links of a cute ivory shoe. Any help would be more than greatly appreciated.

images

Hey ladies, this is my dress... What do you think?
6 months to go!! I'm excited!

Ladies,

My best friend is getting married. Her dress is ivory and we have looked EVERYWHERE for a cute ivory shoe with some sort of diamond embellishment....and can't find anything. When I got married, I bought my shoes from Macy's, but she's had no luck there either. Her wedding is in January. Could any of you share where you got your wedding shoes from? Or maybe post some links of a cute ivory shoe. Any help would be more than greatly appreciated.

What's her style?

I posted about four natural styles/or styles that can be used on naturals earlier in the thread. I did that because I am natural and I'm not sure my hair will stay flat ironed straight (who knows).

Here's a couple:
One is a blow out with smoothed edges:
2z6gxsk.jpg

the other is a really pretty braid updo that I think would look great on a natural even with 4a/4b hair:

qp44ee.jpg

Last edited:
Here's so others I just looked up:
012.JPG.opt476x357o0,0s476x357.JPG

side:
006.JPG.opt476x357o0,0s476x357.JPG

braids%20on%20the%20side.png

and I like the makeup with this one too and hair (don't know if I'm that bold but I like it)
natural%206.jpg

hair10.jpg

hair11.jpg

Last edited:
a quick heads up...read about this and decided to post it. http://www.theaislenewyork.com

is a site like gilt and hautelook only it's going to be for wedding dresses. You have to pre register and then you're able to log in daily to see sales at 50 percent off on Designer wedding dresses. It's just like hautelook so it'll be like one or two day listings. But check back every day and see what knew designer they're featuring. It sounds pretty cool. I know I got excited and registered! HTH someone.

I'm just curious to know something. When it comes to announcing your engagement, is it necessary to include co-workers on the mailing list? I wouldn't mind including a few of my co-workers but I certainly don't want to include everyone in the company. Is this acceptable or it's better to just bypass all of them so some people don't end up getting offended?

Ladies,

Have you tried zappos they have thousands of shoes
Shoes, Clothing | Zappos.com Free Shipping

Last edited:
I'm just curious to know something. When it comes to announcing your engagement, is it necessary to include co-workers on the mailing list? I wouldn't mind including a few of my co-workers but I certainly don't want to include everyone in the company. Is this acceptable or it's better to just bypass all of them so some people don't end up getting offended?

The problem with announcing to certain few coworkers is that they talk and will be expecting an invite to the wedding. Also then the others you didn't anounce it to will feel snubbed so to avoid all that drama just let people know who you actually intend to invite to your wedding.

If they're not going to be part of the festivities and they're not really your friends IMO don't do it.
Besides it's bad taste to announce your engaged months to years in advance and not send those same people an invite. If it comes up in convo oh I'm engaged that's diff you didn't set them up to get dissed later on.

Last edited:
HELLO LADIES!!!!

Congratulations to ALL!!!

I got engaged on 7/18/2010 and I am plannign a August 2011 wedding.
So far we are on track... I think. We have the hall, dj, MY DRESS, and the photographer. I just picked up the invitations last week and I am still looking for the girls dresses (5 bridesmaides).
We still need the chiurch, he needs to pick out the tuxes and I still need to tell the parents what to wear. We are renting an exotic car for the two of us and I think that is it.
I am sure I am missing a few thigs...YES I have no ring bearor or flower girl yet :nono:
I am making the center pieces and the bouquets and boutiners (sp).
Our theme is elegance/sheek even tough it will be during the day.
Hope you ladies are moving right along as well!!!

We announced the engagement on Thanksgiving. We are getting married Nov 2011. We want a bright modern wedding. We are doing a short wedding and a fun reception of about 75-100 people. We are not traditional and our families are traditional so it has been an uphill battle.

Engaged on 12\9\10, 10 months to the day of our first date.

Small wedding and he is going to plan everything except my dress.

We also have to factor in that we are BOTH relocating, want to take a honeymoon, him starting a new job and me transferring to a new location.

Marriage set and married by August 2010.

The most important thing is setting up Christian Pre-martial counseling, between 2 states for us. We are in a LDR.

I will update soon.

Last edited:
I'm engaged, but not getting married until 2013. We want to have enough money saved up for a decent wedding. I'm going to be lurking around I have no idea where to even start!

ETA: Engaged 12/20/2010 and looking at 5/25/2013. I want to find a job, and start working before we get married.

Last edited:
I got engaged November 8th and we plan to wed on October 22nd of 2011...so far I just know the venue, but we haven't put a deposit on it yet. :)

How do you cut down on the price of food for a wedding? I've got sticker shock from the local catering prices!
You can cut catering costs by 1. Type of meal (buffet is usually cheaper than seated) 2. Options (You usually spend less with fewer options. 3. Meat (Beef is typically more expensive than chicken). 4. People (Cut down the guest list ... No Seriously!) 5. Drinks (serve a signature drink or just beer and wine and cut it off an hour before so people can drive home safely)

You can cut catering costs by 1. Type of meal (buffet is usually cheaper than seated) 2. Options (You usually spend less with fewer options. 3. Meat (Beef is typically more expensive than chicken). 4. People (Cut down the guest list ... No Seriously!) 5. Drinks (serve a signature drink or just beer and wine and cut it off an hour before so people can drive home safely)

Adding
5 cut out the open bar and just have a champagne toast regular beverage and 1 wine and 1 champange bottle per table that you buy yourself from cotsco or Sam's Club and a fam member deliver to the venue the day before or morning of make sure your stuff is labeled x wedding. You'll save tons like that.
I 2nd cutting the guest list everyone doesn't have to come seriously they don't just send them after tue fact announcement picture cards that's way cheaper.
6 try a Vegas package wedding it's a destinaion so the guest list will be just immediate family who can attend.

Last edited:
Back