***Random Thoughts: RELATIONSHIP FORUM***

Status
Not open for further replies.
there's been so much sadness in the thread the last few days. we need some prayer up in here:yep:

I know, huh?

Sometimes you get a lot of positive stories back to back, then other times it's like does anyone have a man who isn't acting a damn fool?

IDK, I had my little moment, now I'm like whateva man. I refuse to be depressed all day.

You are an unusual man. Sometimes it feels like you are preparing us for war with the world. But I respect it...You definitely got my mom impressed. I see you are getting closer to her...that's nice.

:bighug:

Je Ne Sais Quoi

I don't have anything to say but I know the feeling. But like Jill Scott expressed wonderfully:

Maybe I, right now, can't see the forest full of trees
So lost behind hurt
But I'm trying everyday exponentially
To move forward
O you know how it feels to be lost?
But when I wake up
Everything I went through would be beautiful

I had a very interesting dream last night.

I was at some outdoor event near the beach in the Northeast (I assume), and there were lots of people there... and some attractive black men.

I remember spotting two guys... and I'm not sure if I was trying to avoid one of them, or for what reason. The other one looked like a guy I met a little over a year ago in Boston. He was the friend of a guy I was dating at the time...yeah, this all sounds kinda strange:look:

Background story: There was no chemistry with the guy I was actually going on dates with, but we occasionally hung out as friends at his urging. Eventually, I realized those 'friend' outings were not so friendly from his POV. But whatever, he once introduced me to 2 of his close friends. One of them was sooo cute.

I remember all 4 of us talking about our plans for that night, and I'd mentioned that my girls and I were going to a lounge at a particular hotel. I can pick up on vibes pretty well sometimes, and I had the inkling that the friend whom I thought was cute was at least intrigued by me, but of course this is all very tricky.

That night, I'm at the lounge with my friends, and I run into the 2 guys (not the dude I'd been hanging out with). Cute guy was talking to a girl, and as I walked by, I was like "oh hey! I met you earlier!" He leaves said girl and comes over to talk to me, and we end up talking for more than 30 minutes... about life, interests, he even gave me professional advice:lol:
Then, I was like: "weren't you with some friends, you should probably go back to the friend you were talking to." He was like: "oh, she's not a friend... I just met her tonight." I'm thinking::blush: oh... so you left the girl you were flirting with to come talk to me... hm.

Anyway, the night ended when I said I was going to check in with my friends, since I'd left them for so long. He must have taken it the wrong way, bc it was an awkward ending to the conversation.
If I hadn't been on some dates with his friend (whom I hadn't even kissed, btw), that would have been the right time to exchange numbers. If anything, I felt like that guy's vibe and personality were a much much better fit for me than were the personalities than any of the other guys I was hanging out with at the time:ohwell:

6 months later, I ran into the cute guy randomly at a restaurant... and given how things had ended with his friend (very sourly), I wasn't sure whether to say anything. So, I didn't:look:
He definitely recognized me, because he kept looking at me. But yeah, I just acted like he was nobody:blush:

Back to the dream:
So, I think I see the cute guy at the event. He seems nervous, keeps looking my way and talking to his friends, etc. I am somehow sitting on a rock near the beach (super random), and finally he comes over. He's like heey, not sure if you remember me?
I'm pretending that I don't... cause I don't want to seem thirsty or some BS like that:lol:
and I see myself recalling the incident at the restaurant. So, he's about to introduce himself and he's like: I"m Alex.

In the dream, I'm thinking::confused: Who's Alex?? Cute guy's name isn't Alex! It starts with a K.

Womp. The end.

Prayer to Heal a Relationship

"Almighty God, hear this prayer."

Dear Lord,
I offer you this prayer, to help me with my current relationship situation. Please take away all the pain and hurt in my heart. Fill it with love, joy, patience, and understanding. Bless me and my partner, so that we may never surrender to whatever challenges that come our way. Fill our hearts with love for each other, and may you make each one of us realize each other's worth. Please touch the heart of my partner,fill it with much love for me. Make our complicated relationship become uncomplicated. I seek for your mercy and blessing that you may allow us to spend the rest of our lives with each other. Please make this feeling mutual for both of us. Lead us not into temptations. Guide us wherever we go. Always put us in each other's heart and mind. Thank you Lord for hearing my prayer. I love you. Amen.

Source: http://www.prayers-for-special-help.com/Relationship-Prayer.html#ixzz1hwPhDQpS

I just hate me today for the thoughts I've had. Prayerfully tomorrow will be better. I'm so weary. Sorry to bring the thread down.

Now you know you don't need to apologize, that's what we're here for. Life isn't rainbows and butterflies all the time. We go through things and sometimes we need to vent to keep from going crazy.

Tomorrow WILL be better. :yep:

I'm thinking I must be defective. No one I've ever known has these kind of issues but me. I'm tired of all of this. I can see now how some women can get defeated and just stay. Sometimes your soul just gets weary.

TRUST ME! You are NOT the only one that has issues. You may be the only one that's willing to admit to it.....:bighug:
I can identify so much with what you have posted recently. I considered settling, but I figured, I can just do bad by myself........

I agree with crlsweetie912. I was thinking the same thing today Je Ne Sais Quoi, but then I decided to snap out of it because these thoughts can consume me for days on end. This quote always cheers me up: in the end it's gonna be ok, if it's not ok, it's not the end.

Ex's are not all bad, if you would have never met them then you would have never changed yourself and your life..therefore you would have never met your future husband or SO. So be grateful to ex's and what they taught you not to accept. They often prepare you to love your future husband/SO unconditionally :yep:

Ex's are not all bad, if you would have never met them then you would have never changed yourself and your life..therefore you would have never met your future husband or SO. So be grateful to ex's and what they taught you not to accept. They often prepare you to love your future husband/SO unconditionally :yep:

I agree 100%!!!!!

Sry to hear that hun. New Year new You...

6-2.jpg

Some people will lead you to believe that you are incomplete if you don't have a man; however, I beg to differ. My life has smelled like roses since I took a hiatus from men the past few months. No stress at all and I loved it. I've been communicating with a new guy for almost a month now, but I will not allow him to disturb the peace that I worked so hard to get when I was not dating. Things are fine between us; however, he will KIM too if he even thinks about coming with anything less than peace and respect.

To all the ladies in the forum that are experiencing emotional turmoil, I wish you nothing but the best and pray for your peace. When you know you need to move on, but you are afraid; always remember that even though we are our own worst critics, we are stronger than we will ever, ever, ever know. Draw on that deep inner strength that lies dormant when we're happy and trust your actions and your thoughts.

On another note, I also think that some of these trifled up men need to be chopped in the center of their throats. :look:

Older guy is making me realise what I was missing when I was going out with my ex. No 'whose turn is it to pay'. He picks me up and pays by default. I'm enjoying this.
We are still in the very early stages of getting to know each other....its moving nice and slow. I don't need anything serious in my life right now. 2011 held enough drama and hurt.

I'm thinking I must be defective. No one I've ever known has these kind of issues but me. I'm tired of all of this. I can see now how some women can get defeated and just stay. Sometimes your soul just gets weary.

When I began therapy last spring I had the exact same thought. I wrote to my therapist: Is it possible that I am too damaged? I was so serious.

You are a beautiful woman, a great mother, smart business person, etc. Perhaps you need healing in some area, but you are not defective at all. Somewhere along the way someone or something made you feel like something was wrong with you, but that simply is not true, it is a lie.

I think the honeymoon stage is over:ohwell:
Things got a little too real too quick :look:
However, I have never felt more cared for, accepted, and understood like I have with you.
You are indeed a different breed.:yep:
I'm looking forward to the continual growth we will have together:rolleyes:

Just spent an hour AFTER I was supposed to be off talking to you.......JUST ASK ME FOR MY NUMBER ALREADY!!!! :giggle:

Just give it to him! Lol!
You can easily say, 'hey I have to go but let's finish this conversation on the phone." He's probably trying to feel you out. Help a brother out!

Is he single?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back