***Random Thoughts: RELATIONSHIP FORUM***

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^ I wouldn't tell her and I would keep him at a far distance. Knowing that he likes you may just break her heart.

It really will. I am usually a TELL! TELL! person but she's so emotionally drained and physically exhausted that I dont want to drive her insane. At the same time Ive had misgivings about this guy for awhile and Im tired of him playing with her heart. I may suggest he find a way to gracefully exit her life as he obv is not right for her. I asked my male mentor friend for advice on it so I'll see what his reply is as well. Thank you for your input!:yep:

^^^ I wouldn't tell her and I would keep him at a far distance. Knowing that he likes you may just break her heart.

i agree with this poster. if her mind is already wrecked over this guy, it will only make it worse and she might resent you. this is one of those "better to not know" situations...

I didn't think our 1st New Year's Eve together would be spent so far apart. The 2 weeks together were great, but I can't help feeling sad that I won't see you until April at the earliest... I don't feel like doing anything for new year's w/o you :ohwell:

It really will. I am usually a TELL! TELL! person but she's so emotionally drained and physically exhausted that I dont want to drive her insane. At the same time Ive had misgivings about this guy for awhile and Im tired of him playing with her heart. I may suggest he find a way to gracefully exit her life as he obv is not right for her. I asked my male mentor friend for advice on it so I'll see what his reply is as well. Thank you for your input!:yep:

Crushes are always hard. I feel bad for your friend, because that guy sounds questionable, and she's obviously head over heels with him. I'm glad you're also seeing input from a mentor. Maybe he can talk to the guy in question and tell him to back off from you.

I am about to get ready for an epic night out with one of my girlfriends. She's a doctor and one of her fellow doctor friends bought a table at one of those big downtown clubs. Free drinks and entrance for me! I'm going to get all dolled up so that I look hot and younger than my age. ;) my friend and I will take lots of pretty photos. And then I will post said photos on Facebook.

I hope that certain dudes who didn't act fast enough will be kicking themselves when they see me in vixen form come new years day. ;)

Less than 4 hours left in 2011 and I need to make some decisions. I need to chose between the two even though I don't want to...I like them both equally.

Well, 2012 is already off to a good start. I'd like to think that the way you start off of year sets the tone for the rest of it. I went into 2012 dancing my butt off with one of my gal pals. Had an amazing night out. We walked to the subway and split ways.

Had an unexpected run in with a cute young fellow. Now, granted I will say I took a stupid risk here but wound up having a nice mini date. Lol. These 4 young guys were looking for a hot bar to celebrate the new year in. I told them about a place and started walking with one of the guys to the bar. He was a nice, 23 year old graduate from Georgetown, born in MN, Irish Catholic boy. Lol. He wants to go to med school and open his own practice. I got distracted by a burger joint on our way to the bar so we stopped in for cheeseburgers. Got lost on our way to the bar and then by the time we found the bar, it was time to go home. Lol. So he walked me to my subway stop. He was a totally nice kid! Walked me arm in arm like old people, and he positioned himself on the outside while walking me around. It was freakin' cute.

He has my number but if I don't hear from him(I told him I was 30!), it's all fine. Hopefully this sets the tone for me! Gentleman suitors in 2012!

We have alot in common. Im excited bout the future but im realistic. Can't wait to make this trip so I can see what all the fuss is bout....is it real ??

Lmao.

Nice.

The young guy I had a late nite new years cheeseburger with texted me. He said he had a nice walk with me last night. He wants to hang out later this week. :)

I'm excited! Gentlemen are in abundance in 2012!

As I read the relationship resolutions I wonder what will it take to get to the point most desire.I know I just want to have some quality male friends.I don't know if I desire marriage or dating anymore as it may be too much trouble for me due to my complex nature.However it would be nice to mingle with the opposite sex and stay on point if I do ever get myself together enough to be datable and no longer defective.2012 will be great for many ladies here many will get their boo,marry and have enjoyment..I want the same deep down but I'm still a bit jaded that I won't get it bc of me.

So I decided to take myself off the market in 2012 and I already have two offers for dates. :blush: One will definitely have to be cancelled because I have to do my hair tonight. Maybe we will do breakfast/brunch tomorrow.

As I read the relationship resolutions I wonder what will it take to get to the point most desire.I know I just want to have some quality male friends.I don't know if I desire marriage or dating anymore as it may be too much trouble for me due to my complex nature.However it would be nice to mingle with the opposite sex and stay on point if I do ever get myself together enough to be datable and no longer defective.2012 will be great for many ladies here many will get their boo,marry and have enjoyment..I want the same deep down but I'm still a bit jaded that I won't get it bc of me.

It all starts from the inside.... Making yourself ready for dating and ultimately finding love. I hear you on being jaded.

Quality male friends is a good start, I think. You need some good guys who can give a POV at times. And you never know, one of those friends could turn into more one day.

So after the ordeal to get to where he was, I was cranky, and thinking it sucked that I was kinda tired for New Year's Eve and wanted to sleep... but when I got there and saw him walking toward me, it all evaporated and I got excited, instantly in a better mood...

It was pretty cool actually <3... to see my mood change like that... now I'm just dreading having to go back home... nooooooooooooooo... don't want to go back to that crap lol... don't make meeeee... I want to stay hereeeeee...

It all starts from the inside.... Making yourself ready for dating and ultimately finding love. I hear you on being jaded.

Quality male friends is a good start, I think. You need some good guys who can give a POV at times. And you never know, one of those friends could turn into more one day.

Your so very right about coming from within.I'm like scared to date bc I don't want to date just bc or date just anyone.I want to date someone for a change that I'm attracted to and not embarassed by.

Making friends seems to be a more challenging task now a day esp male ones.I don't have interest in things males like ie sports and can't fake for nothing either.I know meetup.com but it makes me feel very weird for some reason.I may need to review some local venues and just force myself to go..I feel so out of place.

Well potential SO did something nice yesterday since he spent xmas with his siblings at his mom's and had to work a double yesterday and couldn't make it here to visit I got a few suprise deliveries yesterday.

He would call and say open your front door, first time flowers, 2nd time it was one of those edible fruit thingys and third it was flowers and his brother and wife singing a lil tune they made up about potential SO liking me and this will be a great year. It made since but it was some mess he told them to say. I hadn't seen his brother in about 20 years and it was nice meeting his wife. (This was the younger brother not the brother who hooked us up and tried to holler all at the same time)

He called from work at 11:45 p.m. and we talked till 2 a.m.

So I took the first step, got ur number and texted...buuuut u don't really seem interested now even tho I thought u were...oh well. Forever alone, it seems.

Your so very right about coming from within.I'm like scared to date bc I don't want to date just bc or date just anyone.I want to date someone for a change that I'm attracted to and not embarassed by.

Making friends seems to be a more challenging task now a day esp male ones.I don't have interest in things males like ie sports and can't fake for nothing either.I know meetup.com but it makes me feel very weird for some reason.I may need to review some local venues and just force myself to go..I feel so out of place.

You shouldn't be scared to date! Dating sucks but it can be fun. The only instance about dating that scares me is when you bring the Internet into it. That's actually why I stopped online dating... Lol. But if you say you're only going to date men you share common interests with and find attractive, there's only good stuff to look forward to, right?

I've never tried meetup.com but I have heard its a good thing to check out. I joined a social club last year and that has helped. Taking a class is also a good way to meet people.

Ps - I wouldn't totally rule out sports. ;) you don't have to be a super fan or know the rules but watching sports or going to a game is just an excuse to socialize. Sports is where a lot of men are. They're not all fantasy football league addicts either. It's just something to do. ;)

I'm glad the holidays are over. We didn't get to spend them together and I'm sick of people asking me where he is.

IDK when we'll see each other again. I told him not until February because I really want to stay on my diet until the end of January :lol:

Wow. He finally text me back. A week later. He doesnt know what im talking about and now he's ignoring me again. Smh how old are you?

Thank you for showing me what I mean to you. And early in the year too? Guess you must've decided to save me some time too, huh?

Sent from my pretty red Inspire, excuse the typos!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back