• No

Votes: 77 37.9%
  • Wouldn't dare?

Votes: 5 2.5%
  • Other

Votes: 26 12.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Very VERY common in toronto where im from...not common in this town i reside in now, but then again IDK cause when im on dating websites I get messages MAJORITY of the time by non black men :giggle:

Yes, that is the first thing I noticed when I sojourned to Toronto many moons ago. I felt embarrassed the way I was staring at what seemed a phenom to me back then (sad, but true).

Here's Troy and his wife Theodora. They share hair products! :yep:

340x.jpg

Sorry LovinLocks, no more thread jacking!

I just needed an excuse to look at Troy Polamalu! Carry on!

Last edited:
WHOA!!! Why, might I ask?

I am betrothed to an Italian stalion (LOL):lachen:

The Lucie I was at 20 is no longer the Lucie I am at 30. When I was younger I thought all Haitian men were like my father. Loud, obnoxious, verbally abusive, sexist, blah, blah, blah. I made it a point to reject anyone West Indian even. Now I realize the error of my ways, and I prefer for my children to have a Haitian father. Not someone I have to translate for. Someone who truly gets me because my culture is oh so important.

I have. I am single at the moment. Seems that lately I've gotten more attention from white guys, and one just happens to be English.

Here's Troy and his wife Theodora. They share hair products! :yep:

340x.jpg

Sorry LovinLocks, no more thread jacking!

I just needed an excuse to look at Troy Polamalu! Carry on!

Oh snap; wait b4 you quit hi-jacking . . . dis is da Samoan dude???? Shoooootttttt.

I have. I am single at the moment. Seems that lately I've gotten more attention from white guys, and one just happens to be English.

Honey, take it from an old broad. "Get love where ya get it". Seriously, yaw'll ladies don't turn down love due to the color of someone's skin, or their culture (even if dey kain't dance). :lachen:

T. Now I realize the error of my ways, and I prefer for my children to have a Haitian father. Not someone I have to translate for. Someone who truly gets me because my culture is oh so important.

Yea that's mainly why Im hesitant is getting out of my "Nigerians only for marriage" mindset although Ive dated various races. I love my country/tribe and love speaking my language without translation. I dont know. we'll see

From past posts, Your husband sounds like a gem either way, lucie

I deliberately kept it pretty ambiguous... lol... I guess cause I'm like, whatever, about white dudes now. Back when the first one asked me out in grad school, I was like, :eek:, but now it's like, eh, whatever. :lol:

(Oh, if you need a mental picture... he's a blue-eyed blonde! Yikes! :lol:)

Sounds good to me!

LOL! Ol' "blue eyes" eh?? :eyebrows2 How cute. :giggle:

I've always heard dating a white man or a non-black man is different from dating a black man. I wonder if that stereotype is true though? :confused: Like, does it feel different dating someone of another race? Or, does race not even come into the picture?

The Lucie I was at 20 is no longer the Lucie I am at 30. When I was younger I thought all Haitian men were like my father. Loud, obnoxious, verbally abusive, sexist, blah, blah, blah. I made it a point to reject anyone West Indian even. Now I realize the error of my ways, and I prefer for my children to have a Haitian father. Not someone I have to translate for. Someone who truly gets me because my culture is oh so important.

:sad:.. I won't be marrying a Haitian and sometimes this makes me so sad. Sometimes I think about all of the inside jokes, cultural nuiances that hew won't be able to understand...:sad: I know if I live in NY my chances of finding a suitable Haitian man would be so much greater.

OP: I tried dating a white man and frankly it was so odd. The only way I would do it again is if I were out of options (ex: over 30 and still single).

Last edited:
Honey, take it from an old broad. "Get love where ya get it". Seriously, yaw'll ladies don't turn down love due to the color of someone's skin, or their culture (even if dey kain't dance). :lachen:

:lachen::lachen:

That's soooo true, though! I don't mind dating other cultures or races, so definitely will give anyone a chance as long as they meet my qualifications. :yep:

Yea that's mainly why Im hesitant is getting out of my "Nigerians only for marriage" mindset although Ive dated various races. I love my country/tribe and love speaking my language without translation. I dont know. we'll see

From past posts, Your husband sounds like a gem either way, lucie

He truly is Bachelorette. But the more and more times go on, I don't think I will ever stop yearning for a Haitian man. The last couple of years the yearning was the size of a dime, now it's the size of a baseball. It sucks to think I may get a divorce over something he didn't do wrong. But, I think it is better to be true to me, instead of miserable.

:sad:.. I won't be marrying a Haitian and sometimes this makes me so sad. Sometimes I think about all of the inside jokes, cultural nuiances that hew won't be able to understand...:sad: I know if I live in NY my chances of finding a suitable Haitian man would be so much greater.

Yanno I e-love you girl, but think about this seriously. Don't turn out like me, with a baseball sized hole that can't be filled. Your FH sounds like a nice man but if this is important to you, take time to weigh the pros and the cons and really follow your heart. :yep:

I'm very open to IR dating, but I don't really meet anyone who's interested. They might look or say something to friends, but they DON'T approach. And I live in Austin!

LOL! Ol' "blue eyes" eh?? :eyebrows2 How cute. :giggle:

I've always heard dating a white man or a non-black man is different from dating a black man. I wonder if that stereotype is true though? :confused: Like, does it feel different dating someone of another race? Or, does race not even come into the picture?

People say it's different but they're always people that have not dated or married inter-racially. Although things are not working out that well in my marriage, I don't often remember that my husband is white. He's just Rudy. The Rudy that has loved me for better or worse. I often remember he is white when I introduce him to someone and I see the look of, "Oh, he's white!" :blush:

I will say that white men (IMHO) are more willing to express their love even if it leaves them standing alone. Not to say Black men are not like this but when a white dude is trying to win you back, he will shave his head and stand in the middle of the highway to get your attention. While the black men find more subtle, safer ways to get your attention. :lachen:

I really have to go run some errands, so I'll come back later and respond individually...

But I wonder if it makes more of a difference for some black women if there is a connection to a home island/nation than if you were born and raised in the USA.

I truly feel like an American. My guy (even though he's 100% German in terms of ancestry) is also American. We took that Facebook quiz about what ancestry we truly are inside and we both scored "American."

(Meanwhile, my brother scored German... what the heck? :lol:)

Anyway, we've both said that we actually feel that we have more in common with each other than with the black men I've dated (in my case) or the white women he's dated (in his case). While there are some cultural differences of course, we both have very similar outlooks on things and actually had similar upbringings as well.

Now if I had a distinct culture (not saying that American isn't one, but it's a hybrid) and language that affected every fiber of my being or pretty darn close, maybe I'd feel that void.

I really have to go run some errands, so I'll come back later and respond individually...

But I wonder if it makes more of a difference for some black women if there is a connection to a home island/nation than if you were born and raised in the USA.

I truly feel like an American. My guy (even though he's 100% German in terms of ancestry) is also American. We took that Facebook quiz about what ancestry we truly are inside and we both scored "American."

(Meanwhile, my brother scored German... what the heck? :lol:)

Anyway, we've both said that we actually feel that we have more in common with each other than with the black men I've dated (in my case) or the white women he's dated (in his case). While there are some cultural differences of course, we both have very similar outlooks on things and actually had similar upbringings as well.

Now if I had a distinct culture (not saying that American isn't one, but it's a hybrid) and language that affected every fiber of my being or pretty darn close, maybe I'd feel that void.

The funny thing is I was born and raised in Queens. I only visited Haiti 3x in 30 years. But, I would compare this void to wanting a baby. You can push it aside for a while but it only comes back with a vengeance. I've been dealing with this for 3 years. Shoot, now that I think about it, this void happened right after I left Haiti in 2006. :blush:

He truly is Bachelorette. But the more and more times go on, I don't think I will ever stop yearning for a Haitian man. The last couple of years the yearning was the size of a dime, now it's the size of a baseball. It sucks to think I may get a divorce over something he didn't do wrong. But, I think it is better to be true to me, instead of miserable.

Tell me if Im getting personal but is there a Haitian man that you are interested in or just believe that by leaving your hubby, you'd find the perfect Hiatian man cos if its the latter, even the former, you have to be careful. What might look better could always become the worst mistake ever. Please think it over for both of your sakes. *hugs*

Tell me if Im getting personal but is there a Haitian man that you are interested in or just believe that by leaving your hubby, you'd find the perfect Hiatian man cos if its the latter, even the former, you have to be careful. What might look better could always become the worst mistake ever. Please think it over for both of your sakes. *hugs*

Im wondering the same questions... I kinda feel bad for her hubby. Just the thought that my husband could be silently wishing to be with a Italian women other than me is mind-blowing:sad:

Thank you. I was just telling my BFF that the grass may look greener but once I get to the other side it may be dry and dead. So, before I make any big decisions, I am going to keep praying on it. :yep: BTW, you are not getting too personal, I wouldn't have shared my thoughts if I felt that way. But thank you for being so polite :)

Im wondering the same questions... I kinda feel bad for her hubby. Just the thought that my husband could be silently wishing to be with a Italian women other than me is mind-blowing:sad:

I feel bad for my husband too. But given the comments you've made about your DH I am positive this is not the case for you.

Thank you. I was just telling my BFF that the grass may look greener but once I get to the other side it may be dry and dead. So, before I make any big decisions, I am going to keep praying on it. :yep: BTW, you are not getting too personal, I wouldn't have shared my thoughts if I felt that way. But thank you for being so polite :)

That's great Lucie. Let me say this, I dated a Haitian man over almost 7 years and although we shared the same culture, language, etc. he and I were not as compatible as I am with my current. While culture is important to me, I wouldn't risk a life of happiness just so that I could be with a Haitian man.

Last edited:
The funny thing is I was born and raised in Queens. I only visited Haiti 3x in 30 years. But, I would compare this void to wanting a baby. You can push it aside for a while but it only comes back with a vengeance. I've been dealing with this for 3 years. Shoot, now that I think about it, this void happened right after I left Haiti in 2006.

Lucie, I'm just throwing this out there, but could it be that what you are yearning for is more exposure to your own culture? Maybe you just miss your roots? If that's the case, then a divorce would really be overkill, wouldn't it? That's like, you decide you want to learn Spanish, so you divorce your hubby to go find a Puerto Rican man. I've found out from experience that you can't expect your hubby to be everything you need. Just everything you need in a husband. Keeping you culturally grounded is beyond what your hubby can do, but that doesn't mean you need a new hubby. Maybe you can find another way to stay grounded. Maybe the two of you could plan a trip back to Haiti? Join a local Haitian social group (if you have one near you)? IDK. I just hate to see a good marriage in trouble...

That's great Lucie. Let me say this, I dated a Haitian man over almost 7 years and although we shared the same culture, language, etc. he and I were not as compatible as I am with my current. While culture is important to me, I wouldn't risk a life of happiness just so that I could be with a Haitian man.

I have to LOL at you still calling me PH! :lachen::lachen::lachen:

WOW! What a powerful line. Thank you. That is something for me to think about. Mind you, the past couple of months on FaceBook, every Haitian loser-dude has hit me up. I know they are not the majority but sometimes I think, what if I leave DH and these are the sort of morons I encounter? A scary thought!

ETA: You didn't have to correct yourself, I still call you by your old screen name, LOL!

ETAAgain: Sorry OP, I just jacked your thread horribly. I apologize :)

Last edited:
Lucie, I'm just throwing this out there, but could it be that what you are yearning for is more exposure to your own culture? Maybe you just miss your roots? If that's the case, then a divorce would really be overkill, wouldn't it? That's like, you decide you want to learn Spanish, so you divorce your hubby to go find a Puerto Rican man. I've found out from experience that you can't expect your hubby to be everything you need. Just everything you need in a husband. Keeping you culturally grounded is beyond what your hubby can do, but that doesn't mean you need a new hubby. Maybe you can find another way to stay grounded. Maybe the two of you could plan a trip back to Haiti? Join a local Haitian social group (if you have one near you)? IDK. I just hate to see a good marriage in trouble...

Excellent points!!

I've dated white American guys before, so have a few of my friends. Can I go a little OT for a sec?

It was fun and all but now I'm not so sure I'd date another white American man. Perhaps I could date a European, or Canadian, but American white men just aren't attractive to me anymore. My dream guy would be black Canadian but I don't think I'm going to find such a guy down here. :lol:

I do feel like I'd be missing out by marrying a man who isn't a minority in some way, shape, or form. Could he really understand the struggle? There's nothing like coming home to a man and being able to look into his eyes and know that he understands first hand what you're going through. That's something I've missed when I dated white men.

Multiracial/black Hispanic, Samoan, African, Native American...anything...I'm yearning for a man of some type of color. :lol:

OT- if anyone is looking i know a great hatian guy in nyc who is a firefighter---that is single and a great catch!

my homegirl is married to a japanese guy- and shes blk---they made the cutest babies--and he was like yo i"ll take care of everything just be a SAHM

i myself prefer a bortha and where i live there were more than enough well educated, financially stable, blk gentlemen to choose from--thats y i prefer a big city

Last edited:
Back