2017 Relationship And Dating Thread

Bae (I'll call him MR) is allergic to cats and everyone knows that my cat is my everything. I've always said that I'll choose my cat over a man anyday! Many dates/guys have come and gone in my life, but Charlie is still here. :lol: MR came to my house Sunday for the first time, so I gave him a dye free Benadryll (no drowsiness side effect) and he still had a reaction. I guess it'll be trial and error.

Bae (I'll call him MR) is allergic to cats and everyone knows that my cat is my everything. I've always said that I'll choose my cat over a man anyday! Many dates/guys have come and gone in my life, but Charlie is still here. :lol: MR came to my house Sunday for the first time, so I gave him a dye free Benadryll (no drowsiness side effect) and he still had a reaction. I guess it'll be trial and error.
Do you have an air purifier? Those work wonders for my allergies.

I feel sorry for him. I'm allergic to cats too.
Keep the cat away from him when he's around.

The cat didn't come anywhere near him but he got cat hairs on him (I even vacuumed the couch) and he still had a reaction.

Aww, we watched the documentary about the Michael Vicks dogs and he shed a lil tear or two.

Last time he "got something in his eye" was the bit when Oscar Grant got shot in the Fruitvale Station movie we watched some time ago.

I feel like I get misty eyed several times a week.

Male best friend has been acting very odd lately and dropping hints about where he sees us. Dude, I just got out of a relationship.
Okay, now he told me that I can have anything I want for my birthday. I said I wanted a tennis bracelet, thinking he'd be like :lachen:. But he said sure. :toocool:

It *is* a milestone birthday, so why not?

I've been listening to sleep hypnosis videos on YouTube to help me fall asleep faster and stay asleep longer. I have to keep my phone unlocked since YouTube doesn't work if you lock your phone.

Well this morning I caught my ex reasing my texts. We're living together until our lease is up in a few weeks and then we'll live separately.

I was half sleep when I realized what he was doing so I snatched my phone and went back to sleep.

When we were dating I never made an issue of him looking through my phone, because we didn't have an issue with fidelity. Now that we're not dating he's become very jealous and insecure, which is expected.

My ex had to leave and later texted me and asked who sent me a particular text message. It was someone I met who asked for the name of a club I went to. I want to address this in person because I feel disrespected and I don't appreciate how he invaded my privacy.

I don't owe him an explanation, nor will I give one. It's not so much that he went through my phone, but the reason why he did it is what has me livid. He's expressed his concern about other guys who could potentially take what he feels is his. I've explained to him that I don't belong to anyone and I can entertain whoever I want since we are not dating.

The person who texted me has a gender neutral name so I will be petty and let him drive himself crazy wondering if it's a girl or guy.

How would you address this? I feel like you ladies give a lot of gems in your advice.

I've been listening to sleep hypnosis videos on YouTube to help me fall asleep faster and stay asleep longer. I have to keep my phone unlocked since YouTube doesn't work if you lock your phone.

Well this morning I caught my ex reasing my texts. We're living together until our lease is up in a few weeks and then we'll live separately.

I was half sleep when I realized what he was doing so I snatched my phone and went back to sleep.

When we were dating I never made an issue of him looking through my phone, because we didn't have an issue with fidelity. Now that we're not dating he's become very jealous and insecure, which is expected.

My ex had to leave and later texted me and asked who sent me a particular text message. It was someone I met who asked for the name of a club I went to. I want to address this in person because I feel disrespected and I don't appreciate how he invaded my privacy.

I don't owe him an explanation, nor will I give one. It's not so much that he went through my phone, but the reason why he did it is what has me livid. He's expressed his concern about other guys who could potentially take what he feels is his. I've explained to him that I don't belong to anyone and I can entertain whoever I want since we are not dating.

The person who texted me has a gender neutral name so I will be petty and let him drive himself crazy wondering if it's a girl or guy.

How would you address this? I feel like you ladies give a lot of gems in your advice.

I would just keep it simple. You could tell him that you and him are no longer an item and that you no longer owe him an explanation for anyone who chooses to contact you.

He wanted us to look at rings again yesterday, so we did. I guess to just confirm I still liked what I liked. We went to Jared again, and as the guy was pulling up our info, he was carelessly reading the notes. Last time we went, the sales guy pulled SO to the side to talk to him without me. Well, I guess they were talking dates,etc. Cuz this time, as the sales guy is reading the notes, he says "...blah blah..purchase, may 2017" and stops suddenly. And asks SO to look it over, cuz maybe he shouldn't be saying this :lachen:

This next month should be interesting for us. I hope everything goes smoothly for SO. Trying not to worry too much.

He's truly worked on himself these last few months and real changes can be seen. It makes me feel super secure.

Uhm ya'll open relationship ladies upthread spill the beans on what made you want to do this!??? This is unusual for the woman to initiate so I'm very curious. What if he gets attached to the other 'nany, or wants to keep doing it when you're over it, ya'll must be some secure as heck ladies. Teach me!

@qchelle @Rocky91

I don't want an open relationship. I just wanna swing lol. The good swingers clubs usually have rules like you must come with a partner, or there must be an equal number of men/women in the club at one time. I think it'd just be sex for me (and for him, too)..like I really don't think we'd get attached to the other people we're having sex with...since it would just be sex...in front of each other.

But I'd want to swing after I'm married, after I'm done having kids. I don't want to right now. Cuz in case of STD's, I don't want to have to care about getting pregnant. But I'll see. I still have time to convince whomever my husband will be lol.

He wanted us to look at rings again yesterday, so we did. I guess to just confirm I still liked what I liked. We went to Jared again, and as the guy was pulling up our info, he was carelessly reading the notes. Last time we went, the sales guy pulled SO to the side to talk to him without me. Well, I guess they were talking dates,etc. Cuz this time, as the sales guy is reading the notes, he says "...blah blah..purchase, may 2017" and stops suddenly. And asks SO to look it over, cuz maybe he shouldn't be saying this :lachen:

This next month should be interesting for us. I hope everything goes smoothly for SO. Trying not to worry too much.

He's truly worked on himself these last few months and real changes can be seen. It makes me feel super secure.

OK, April will be fine. I'm worried about May, and possibly, July. Sigh.

Back