Who Pays For A Date? White Man Says, Go Dutch Or He's Bouncing

CharlieEcho

Y'all seen this mess? This dating coach says women should offer to pay half or he won't be seeing you for a second date. He can miss me with that mess. Got a whole bunch of white women in the comments cosigning. Smh

Then, bounce trick. Men ain't sh*t and they just keep on getting ain't sh*ttier.

ETA:
Smh.... I'm so glad I'm not single & that I found FH. He doesn't let me pay for anything! Last year, I threw him a surprise bday dinner at his favorite restaurant. I invited 10 people. He wouldn't let me pay for his bday dinner. In fact, he wouldn't let anyone pay. He footed the entire bill. Apparently, he's of a dying breed.

Last edited:
This dating coach says women should offer to pay half or he won't be seeing you for a second date.
38o67Cq.gif

I didn't watch the whole video. I just wanted to see what he looks like. So how long has he been married?

WTH? It's a first date and presumably he asked the woman out? Why would anyone agree to pay after being asked on a date?
It's common sense that asking someone out means you are treating.

Asking for equal pay for equal work does not mean chivalry is out the window.
Exactly. You ask me out, you pay.
It's like inviting someone to your house for dinner and ask that they pay for half of the food...??? :huh:

Then, bounce trick. Men ain't sh*t and they just keep on getting ain't sh*ttier.

ETA:
Smh.... I'm so glad I'm not single & that I found FH. He doesn't let me pay for anything! Last year, I threw him a surprise bday dinner at his favorite restaurant. I invited 10 people. He wouldn't let me pay for his bday dinner. In fact, he wouldn't let anyone pay. He footed the entire bill. Apparently, he's of a dying breed.
Does he have a twin brother? :look:

Y'all seen this mess? This dating coach says women should offer to pay half or he won't be seeing you for a second date. He can miss me with that mess. Got a whole bunch of white women in the comments cosigning. Smh

Ha! Mathew Hussey, he has gotten very popular on YouTube.
I had no idea he felt that way. It's very interesting how men think these days.
It really is a sign of the times. Welcome to the post feminist era.
This dude born June 19, 1987 is a millennial, British and a Gemini.
Younger generation, different culture and cheap asfuk.

I don't know if it's men his age who feel this way or the male relationship coaches pushing this on the men their age.
So glad the men in my age range and older don't have this dilemma.

Last edited:

ETA:
How old is your FH? If you don't mind me asking.
Just trying to see if this is generational thinking.

I want the man to pay. I like traditional gender roles and I also like older men so a lot of them still hold those values. What I don't like is people taking advantage of that. That's not a relationship.
I want to work and have my own stability but I do want the man to earn more somewhat more than me

I'm young still (born in the 90s) so it isn't an age thing. Right now I'm not dating or looking for a relationship as I'm in the process of a transition so a relationship would be an obstacle. But when I do start looking I know what I want and I probably won't struggle to get it either.

Who was it that mentioned all the money we spend on hair makeup, mani/pedis, and clothing to get ready for these dates? They want you looking like a model when you go out- women have already paid more than their fair share. I just got my hair straightened for the first time in 6 years yesterday and forgot about the expense that goes into the upkeep of all of that.

I don't think it's a generational thing, I think it's more about how you were brought up. This would never fly with my SO, his parents are happily married and all the men in his family are married and take care of home...his dad and uncles specific words when they met me were "make sure you take care of her" which he already does.

He'll be 32 soon. I'm throwing him an intimate dinner party at home. That way, he won't be paying for his own birthday this time lol.

ETA: Although.... our grocery delivery service is set up on his card.... so I guess he's still paying for some of it :look: :lol:

Last edited:
Ha! Mathew Hussey, he has gotten very popular on YouTube.
I had no idea he felt that way. It's very interesting how men think these days.
It really is a sign of the times. Welcome to the post feminist era.
This dude born June 19, 1987 is a millennial, British and a Gemini.
Younger generation, different culture and cheap asfuk.

I don't know if it's men his age who feel this way or the male relationship coaches pushing this on the men their age.
So glad the men in my age range and older don't have this dilemma.
I'm getting sick of these men blaming this **** on feminism. Feminism didn't cause this. Their ain't $hit parents (fathers) caused this mess.

The title of this thread is misleading. I watched the video and he never said that. What he said was, he would feel taken advantage of and stop dating a woman who never offered to pay or contribute. He said a woman that didn't offer wasn't raised right and a man who didn't pay wasn't raised right either.

So basically, he's saying. make an effort to show your appreciation by offering to pay sometimes so the man will know that you're not just using him.

The title of this thread is misleading. I watched the video and he never said that. What he said was, he would feel taken advantage of and stop dating a woman who never offered to pay or contribute. He said a woman that didn't offer wasn't raised right and a man who didn't pay wasn't raised right either.

So basically, he's saying. make an effort to show your appreciation by offering to pay sometimes so the man will know that you're not just using him.

see there's that 50%/50% mess.

cannot stand american men.

The men I seem to attract HATE this :lol: I have a hard time conveying my interest (and they notice and say something), even when I'm interested, so Ive opted to offer to pay/half....an easy way for me to show interest, right? WRONG! this pisses them off even more than me not seeming interested :lol: I understand what's going on now, so I've since stopped doing it. Well, now I only offer to pay when I want to piss someone off (works every time lmao) or when I don't plan on seeing them again lol.

But im probably doing it wrong. "You don't think I'm interested? What do you want? Money? Here! Here is some money" naturally, someone would get mad at that :lachen:

You gotta make them feel like a little pansy broke bih with it. Not all "ohh would you like to split it? *bats lashes, twirls hair*" nah. Come with the "here nicca, damn, do you need some money or something? Broke ass" aura. I bet they'd stop wanting that ish if that's how it normally went down :lol:

There was a time when I thought it was cute to offer here and there (only for men I really liked)... but FH taught me that real men don't judge a woman's character & heart by how willing she is to provide financially.

There was a time when I thought it was cute to offer here and there (only for men I really liked)... but FH taught me that real men don't judge a woman's character & heart by how willing she is to provide financially.

Yes! If any man is asking or expecting me to pay off the bat, I'd think he was testing my boundaries to see how much of a doormat I am or could be. That speaks to his character. Only dudes judging a woman by how willing she is to provide financially are users/moochers (i.e. losers). I guarantee it.

I offered to pay once a long time ago, not thinking he would actually take me up on the offer and he did. :look: Never made that mistake again lol.

Back