***Random Thoughts: RELATIONSHIP FORUM***

Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol: cute, @InchHighPrivateEye, go on with your sought-out self :)

This past weekend, I made the same observations about getting out of the house and meeting guys. Like: ohhh... hm... that makes a lot of sense:look:

lol. Thanks! I would be reading this thread and/or listening to people IRL and think "what's wrong with me? I never get approached :ohwell:" I guess it's common sense, but now I realize that going places is a start. I guess I was thinking that people are making love connections at the Circle K or the Walmart or something. :lol:

lol. Thanks! I would be reading this thread and/or listening to people IRL and think "what's wrong with me? I never get approached :ohwell:" I guess it's common sense, but now I realize that going places is a start. I guess I was thinking that people are making love connections at the Circle K or the Walmart or something. :lol:

Many would have you thinking that if you to do more than randomly walking around town or going to a gas station or the store to find love, you're doing too much and something is wrong with you. :lol:

The other day my dad was saying that I need to introduce him to the guy I call my crush. We've been out twice, so I should probably stop calling him the crush. But yeah...it's too early for all that, Dad. Where do they get that from?

In other news, I guess you really do need to leave your house to meet guys. I haven't been out on a date in what seems like forever. Wednesday I went to a Christmas party with "the crush." :look: This guy that introduced himself to me while I was apart from the crush and making my rounds came by my office yesterday and asked me out for this weekend. IDK what to do about that. He seems nice and I know I shouldn't put all my eggs in the crush basket, but....this guy works in my building. Never laid eyes on him until Wed, though, so it's not like we're around each other, but still. And then I dropped in on a Christmas party last night and exchanged b-cards with this guy and this morning I have an email saying "Nice to have met you, InchHigh. I hope to see you again." Hm. Maybe I should be more social. It's kinda fun.

And crush apologized. I forgave him. :look: He called me darling. :Blush2: I may possibly be a sucker :look:

My mom said that my dad wants to make sure the my friend is able to provide for me.

It is so cute to read about your "crush". Hopefully things will work out between the two of you.:yep:

lushcoils People do meet at random places. I think the point is you have to leave the house and be approachable.

Last edited:
Got a surprise yesterday that made me happy. :grin:

SO got off work at noon and I was hoping he would come over and spend the rest of the day with me, but he said he was going home because he was tired. He kept texting me and something about what he was saying made me think he had something up his sleeves. :yep: He kept asking if I was home and if I was busy the rest of the day and what was I doing. I was cleaning and about to take a bath because I smelled like bleach. He wanted me to call him and when I told him I was still in the tub he texted me a minute later asking if I was done. :lol: I got out of the tub a few minutes later and heard a knock on the door, looked out the window and there was SO with a dozen red roses (it was our anniversary yesterday). Made me so happy because I'd never gotten flowers before. :love: I adore this guy.

My mom said that my dad wants to make sure the my friend is able to provide for me.

It is so cute to read about your "crush". Hopefully things will work out between the two of you.:yep:

@lushcoils People do meet at random places. I think the point is you have to leave the house and be approachable.

First bold: yeah, my mom was like "you should be glad you have someone to make sure men will treat you right :nono:" I am grateful. But at my advanced age :look: IDK how to go about introducing somebody to my dad so soon.

Second bold: thanks! I'm having a blast so far! :reddancer:

Um. The guy I posted about just called my work phone (so I had to answer and there's no caller ID) to see if I want to have lunch. For some reason, I'm nervous. He's nice, but this is what I was afraid of with the whole being in the same building thing. What if he starts calling everyday? He's so talkative :look: Um, so I said okay. Crush frequents this building too, so....um. So here I go, I guess. I mean, it's not a date, it's just lunch so it should be fine. Right?

Last edited:
You always want to be 'friends' when you want something or think you can exploit a situation. But if you were really my friend, you would know me better than that. No means no, the first time.

Just got back from lunch. Um....he seems really nice. Very gentlemanly. I noticed that he's not bad looking. Not at all, actually...

And then.

He said he forgot his wallet. :look: I do believe that he really forgot it. But still. W.T.F. I didn't really mind paying (although I really did), but there's something embarassing about it. Not to mention that...I had a sandwich and LHCF in my office that I was perfectly fine with having for lunch.

*runs back into the arms of the crush, crying tears of joy and lust :look:*

Oh, and we're the same age but he's an intern for the organization downstairs and is in his second year of law school, which is fine. After exchanging pleasantries, he spent most of the time talking about the law and law school. Which is not fine.

ETA: I'm not done thinking about this. I kiiiiiind of don't understand how a grown arse man asks somebody to lunch and then forgets their wallet. No, no. But my shrimp salad was delisha'.

Last edited:
^^Me too! And I was trying to be discreet about it but I've been back for like 30 minutes and have already told my work friend. How you ask me to lunch and forget your wallet? Chiiiiiiiiiiile. It's not cute. It would have never even occurred to me that I would be using my debit card today.

Last edited:
^^Me too! And I was trying to be discreet about it but I've been back for like 30 minutes and have already told my work friend. How you ask me to lunch and forget your wallet? Chiiiiiiiiiiile. It's not cute. It would have never even occurred to me that I would be using my debit card today.

Yeah, there's certain things that you make sure you have when you're going out for lunch. Your wallet is definitely one of them.

Did he at least offer to get it next time or something?

^^Yeah, he said he was embarassed and said we should go out this weekend for him to make it up to me. I was like okay :look: I mean, I really do believe he forgot, but I think it was a sign. lol. (But seriously.)

I don't think this weekend is going to happen (because I already knew before lunch I wasn't trying to go out with him this weekend too), but I mean he's right downstairs, so I feel like if he were that embarrassed he could bring me my money now. :look:

^^Yeah, he said he was embarassed and said we should go out this weekend for him to make it up to me. I was like okay :look: I mean, I really do believe he forgot, but I think it was a sign. lol. (But seriously.)

I don't think this weekend is going to happen (because I already knew before lunch I wasn't trying to go out with him this weekend too), but I mean he's right downstairs, so I feel like if he were that embarrassed he could bring me my money now. :look:

Oh ok. Who knows, maybe that was his twisted way of trying to land himself another lunch date. I don't put anything past these dudes these days. :lol:

Oh ok. Who knows, maybe that was his twisted way of trying to land himself another lunch date. I don't put anything past these dudes these days. :lol:

I just know that fool better catch the elevator and bring me my money :mad: :lol:

He actually mentioned the guy I really like (and was talking about a few posts earlier about the Christmas party) while he was going on and on about school, when he was naming people who he looks up to that graduated from his school. I was looking at him all undereyed like, "mm. That's a' interesting coincidence, sweetie."

ETA: wait. I hope my posts don't read ratchet because it's not ratchet like it sounds. I went to a huge Christmas party with crush. And everybody was exchanging cards and stuff, so it's not like I was working the room like a hussy. And I didn't expect this dude to come to my office after. And they're not friends or anything. There. Not ratchet at all. :look:

thinking about retiring from RLP RT.....
Um. No. I just started really paying attention to RT and I really like your posts. Oh, that reminds me. I saw something about where @GoddessMaker said she might stop posting too. No. I need to go address that. BRB

Last edited:
So excited to see him next week. I bought this shirt just for the occasion. I once (in an altered state) told him he was my favorite. He doesn't remember anything but he remembers that so I thought this was cute.

esut74.jpg

I have to remind him not to take the tag off though cause it's going right back :lol:

I just know that fool better catch the elevator and bring me my money :mad: :lol:

He actually mentioned the guy I really like (and was talking about a few posts earlier about the Christmas party) while he was going on and on about school, when he was naming people who he looks up to that graduated from his school. I was looking at him all undereyed like, "mm. That's a' interesting coincidence, sweetie."

Um. No. I just started really paying attention to RT and I really like your posts. Oh, that reminds me. I saw something about where GoddessMaker said she might stop posting too. No. I need to go address that. BRB

:kiss:

Goddessmaker too???? IDK, I'll probably keep posting but I just talk too much :lachen:

lmao @ bring you your money:lol:

Some men are just hardheaded at times. WTH I wish I would let yo can't see fo smit/won't go to the eye doctor but you got VSP arse drive me anywhere at night. :spinning: I hate driving but love this personal chaffeur stuff. I just ain't willing to die for it. :lachen:

I hate being tagged in threads. IDK why but I'm just always like why me? Leave me alone. Lol. Is that mean? I mean if someone is talking about me in a thread or something tag me or pm me, but in general ugh, just stop, please:look:.

Cannot wait to see this guy tomorrow! He's so freakin' cute! Like, in different ways. Smart, funny, talented, artsy/outdoorsy, really endearing, and he has these interesting, beautiful golden eyes lined with thick, black lashes. They're so clear and he's so... transparent. I feel like he's not hiding from me. Despite my teasing him about whether or not he was wearing eyeliner, his eyes are very pretty and when I look at him, I feel like we are truly seeing one another. For me, he's the right blend of masculinity. I just hope that timing and religion don't stop things in their tracks.

My friend really likes this guy and wanted to send him a cake or something to his bank but wanted me to go through some merry go round in asking him. I just asked him and asked what the heck he likes because she would spend alllllll day and allll night trying to figure out what he wants and Im not in the mood.

I like to tell men that one of my favorite hobbies is going to the shooting range on weekends.....

NOTE: this is not true but they think it is. I want to move to texas. :lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back