***Random Thoughts: RELATIONSHIP FORUM***

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm going through that phase again. starting to obsess about the idea of becoming a housewife and just walking away from everything. it always passes, but when it comes its BAD.

i was talking to my friend about it, and he said i should stop talking about it and just be about it. stop wasting time with all this book learning, and find a husband then :lol:

i think he's tired of hearing me complain :look:

That's all well and good as long as you have a back-up plan :yep:

That's all well and good as long as you have a back-up plan :yep:

If I didn't have these loans to pay off I would have been done it, trust me. I don't think any man would be willing to take on me and my loan burden if I didn't have a way to pay it off.

I wish I played the lottery, but I'm too broke to buy the tickets lol. Them thangs is not cheap. I checked. :sad:

i'm going through that phase again. starting to obsess about the idea of becoming a housewife and just walking away from everything. it always passes, but when it comes its BAD.

i was talking to my friend about it, and he said i should stop talking about it and just be about it. stop wasting time with all this book learning, and find a husband then :lol:

My friends and I go through this phase, too. Especially when we're frustrated with classes. :lol:

I have a date tomorrow with the guy i met at my friend's birthday party. :) my friend IMe me today and asked if I was excited about it. I totally am! Haha. My dad said that his young age is not a deal killer in his book. I feel like this date is going to be easier than the ones I've been on recently. He's not a total stranger. We have friends in common, hometown basics in common, he's funny. The only thing setting me back is his height. I'm going to ignore it because I certainly didn't care about it at the party. He's taller than me. Just not as tall as I'm used to. But I'd rather date 5'7" or 5'8" over 6'5", like my last few dates...

So my prince charming turned into a frog :rolleyes:

Everything was going great until he started to test me. He would say things to get a rise out of me, and then tell me he just wanted to get me mad to see if he could.... WTF :ohwell:

His exact words were ''I always see you happy... I wanted to see you mad for a change'' :spinning:

Then he begged for forgiveness and we made up. But the knee-grow came back a few days later with the same ish. Again, he used the line ''I'm just tryna get you mad'' and then starts to say all these sweet words to try and make him forgive me.

As the famous saying goes ''fool me once, shame on you.. fool me twice shame on me.'' I'm diverting ALL his calls right now, and he's going to get ''airtime'' until I figure out what to do.

I'm tried of psycho-analyzing knee-grows. WHY do I keep on attracting men who play these silly games. I guess it's back to the drawing board for me...

I have a date tomorrow with the guy i met at my friend's birthday party. :) my friend IMe me today and asked if I was excited about it. I totally am! Haha. My dad said that his young age is not a deal killer in his book. I feel like this date is going to be easier than the ones I've been on recently. He's not a total stranger. We have friends in common, hometown basics in common, he's funny. The only thing setting me back is his height. I'm going to ignore it because I certainly didn't care about it at the party. He's taller than me. Just not as tall as I'm used to. But I'd rather date 5'7" or 5'8" over 6'5", like my last few dates...

Well how tall is he? lol

Theo

I did this :look:

but then I changed my mind :look:

true story, one day I was in grad school and an intern, then the next day I wasn't and instead was engaged, collecting vintage aprons, & reading FW instead. :lol:

then I changed my mind again :look:

my quarter-life crisis is HARDCORE. like no joke. everybody is tired of hearing me complain.

So my prince charming turned into a frog :rolleyes:

Everything was going great until he started to test me. He would say things to get a rise out of me, and then tell me he just wanted to get me mad to see if he could.... WTF :ohwell:

His exact words were ''I always see you happy... I wanted to see you mad for a change'' :spinning:

Then he begged for forgiveness and we made up. But the knee-grow came back a few days later with the same ish. Again, he used the line ''I'm just tryna get you mad'' and then starts to say all these sweet words to try and make him forgive me.

As the famous saying goes ''fool me once, shame on you.. fool me twice shame on me.'' I'm diverting ALL his calls right now, and he's going to get ''airtime'' until I figure out what to do.

I'm tried of psycho-analyzing knee-grows. WHY do I keep on attracting men who play these silly games. I guess it's back to the drawing board for me...

This has happened to me more than once.

After thinking about it, I realized why it happens and it's perfectly warranted. Speaking for myself, I give just as many tests as they do. Also I tend to attract a certain kind of man, even their professions make them very analytical and/or suspicious of anything they think is "too perfect." This applies to me too--my past professions & my personal interests are quite similar. :look:

Theo

true story, one day I was in grad school and an intern, then the next day I wasn't and instead was engaged, collecting vintage aprons, & reading FW instead. :lol:

my quarter-life crisis is HARDCORE. like no joke. everybody is tired of hearing me complain.

What's FW?

So you think I am the weird one because I want you to call me by my name instead of a nickname? Yes I see that you call all your people by nicknames, and no, me making up a nickname for you will not make it better. Gosh why am I even entertaining you?

Oh I know why you have many qualities that I want in a man. Lame on my part. This won't last long.

I've been feeling very grateful lately :hug2:

Next to my parents, the 2 best friends I have had in my life have set the precedent for "love" and what I expect and how I expect to be treated in my relationships. They not only set the standard but soothe my fears of abandonment despite my shortcomings; Trust, I am NOT an easy person to love, I've put them through a lot, they should have let me go a longgggg time ago......

I used to say, and still believe, if you love me as much as my best friend(s) love me then I know you are for real :heart2:

It's so funny how things change so fast. I'm finally in a love filled relationship (on both sides), and I feel so very fortunate to have my SO in my life. I'm grateful that he has such a great career, but his constant traveling is beginning to piss me off. I'm looking for a new job, and the ones that I've applied to also require a good amount of traveling.

Anyone in a relationship where both people travel all the dang time? Ugh! This makes me so sad. It's defeating the purpose of one of us moving to be near the other. What was the point?!

It's so funny how things change so fast. I'm finally in a love filled relationship (on both sides), and I feel so very fortunate to have my SO in my life. I'm grateful that he has such a great career, but his constant traveling is beginning to piss me off. I'm looking for a new job, and the ones that I've applied to also require a good amount of traveling.

Anyone in a relationship where both people travel all the dang time? Ugh! This makes me so sad. It's defeating the purpose of one of us moving to be near the other. What was the point?!

awww I don't have anything to add or any advice bc I know someone else going through this exact problem but :bighug:

I truly hope things work out, you seem happy in this relationship :yep:

Man I'm feeling this new boo lol. We aint even nothing right now. I guess it just feels good to have someone to think about. Had someone I was getting over and this was perfect timing.

eh.... Just enjoying the moment :)

Last edited:

Have either of you guys moved yet? If so, don't you still see each other more now? At least on the weekends? If you are still in the planning stages, don't let this slow things down. Living in the same city will alleviate some of the stress. And one or both of you should plan to travel less at some point in the future, especially if you have children.

I always feel annoyed when he calls me before I'm headed out the door. Like this little interim hour I have at home is my me-time :look:

awww I don't have anything to add or any advice bc I know someone else going through this exact problem but :bighug:

I truly hope things work out, you seem happy in this relationship :yep:

Thank you! :-) I truly feel so happy. This is so different from my other relationships -- no stress, no forcing myself to feel a certain way..I'm finally just comfortable being myself. Thank you!

Have either of you guys moved yet? If so, don't you still see each other more now? At least on the weekends? If you are still in the planning stages, don't let this slow things down. Living in the same city will alleviate some of the stress. And one or both of you should plan to travel less at some point in the future, especially if you have children.

Yep, one of us has moved. He wants to give it another year or two, and then start looking for something else. The traveling is becoming stressful for him too. It was just a couple times a month before, but he's gone every week now. He's already mentioned that he definitely won't be traveling like this when we have kids. He does come home on the weekend, but then I have to drop him right back to the airport on Monday. ;-( I guess it's better than before.

Theo

barbiesocialite

Are we related? ;-) After I was out of my stage, I wrote an ongoing column for the college newspaper titled "Confessions of a Quarter-Life-Crisis". After the latest fiasco, I swore off dating for a while. If I was going to be in a "crisis" I'd deal alone or with my friends. It wasn't worth seriously and seemingly permanently hurting a really good man. Don't want to ruin them for the ready woman! Though I thought I was ready back then...

If I didn't have these loans to pay off I would have been done it, trust me. I don't think any man would be willing to take on me and my loan burden if I didn't have a way to pay it off.

I wish I played the lottery, but I'm too broke to buy the tickets lol. Them thangs is not cheap. I checked. :sad:

When I say that about my student loans, my male friend always says, " A man won't care." This is my close friend that I always consult on male matters. I was freaking about dating and student loans. I know that what he really means is a real man will take care of you and whatever loans or whatever comes with the package is moot, doesn't even matter. And he knows what kind of student loans I'm dragging around b/c he was the one to help me come up with a tackling strategy.

He may not be right, but I try to date as if he is!

Why would a guy take issue with a woman having student loan debt? I could see a lot of credit card maybe raising a red flag, but last time I checked, an education costs money.

Last edited:
Ambivalence set in, hopefully prayer tonight will help me clear my head. I know whats rational, but my heart wants otherwise.

Prolong the inevitable and compound the hurt, or deal with it now. My trust in you is gone, so why are these feelings still here?

Snap out of it Softerlove.

From MyTouch 4G...On which animated Gifs may not be seen:(

Why would a guy take issue with a woman having student loan debt? I could see a lot of credit card maybe raising a red flag, but last time I checked, an education costs money.

LOL my debt is pretty high though. I don't think it would be fair for me to unload all this debt on someone and then not be willing to work. Unless he's truly wealthy. Then I wouldn't have a problem :lol:

LOL my debt is pretty high though. I don't think it would be fair for me to unload all this debt on someone and then not be willing to work. Unless he's truly wealthy. Then I wouldn't have a problem :lol:

Theo, love, you are a walking, talking, WINNING lottery ticket.
LOL.

OMG is he from New York? NooooooooooooOooooooooooooooooOOOOOOoOoooooo. I live in FL and I can't get away from these ninjas. This is why my southern accent sounds funny, I deal with too many New Yorkers! Ppl think I'm not from FL.

Yep, one of us has moved. He wants to give it another year or two, and then start looking for something else. The traveling is becoming stressful for him too. It was just a couple times a month before, but he's gone every week now. He's already mentioned that he definitely won't be traveling like this when we have kids. He does come home on the weekend, but then I have to drop him right back to the airport on Monday. ;-( I guess it's better than before.

Glad plans are in the works for less travel in the future. Dh used to travel a lot and I found it to be very very stressful. But he didn't:sad:, to him it was something he had to do to be successful, so you are lucky your SO is on the same page as you.

I guess you were mad that I did not know if I was into you after a week and day of meeting. You also felt offended that I didn't like you all touchy with me and calling me sweetheart.

A week and a day and you were already acting like you were my boyfriend.

I feel relief that I don't have to think about you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back