***Random Thoughts: RELATIONSHIP FORUM***

Status
Not open for further replies.
is it just me, when you are thinking of someone alot, everything reminds you of that person. like a street name, or the mention of their hometown on television while you are watching a tv program. i mean i am not going out of my way. i have kept my thoughts to myself. so why is the universe trying to torment me too. am i making sense to anyone about this.

He didn't ask for your number? So you have his number? So you can be the dude and call him and he has the power over answering you?

Hmm,

I'm not sure what the issue is. I've only known him for 5 minutes and it's already turned into a power struggle? My goal was to simply put myself out there.

Update: chatted with him via text today. No biggie. Who knows? We may hang sometime in the future :look:

is it just me, when you are thinking of someone alot, everything reminds you of that person. like a street name, or the mention of their hometown on television while you are watching a tv program. i mean i am not going out of my way. i have kept my thoughts to myself. so why is the universe trying to torment me too. am i making sense to anyone about this.

Yeah and a few years later I finally ran into him :nono:. I don't miss him anymore :lachen:

you know you love a man when you're willing to temporarily abandon a protective style challenge just so you can look fierce when you see him after a long time apart.

*sigh* long distance relationships are not for the faint of heart.

You would think my student loans would be paid off by now given how many old men hit on me:nono:

This last one started the conversation by trying to find out if I'd move out of state for love... Guess he has no time to waste.

Sent from my PC36100 using PC36100

Um, why did this man just come over to my table saying he has a note for me and left this on a napkin: your pretty :) (yes, he said your). Then, his name and number.

Now I'm wearing my friends class ring on my ring finger. I haven't even ordered yet!

There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. (1 John 4:18 NIV)

From today's devotional. Picking my heart up and trudging forward. Online dating? Idk.

Co-worker, who started flirting last spring, has shown interest and has stepped it up a few levels. We hung out at our Christmas party last week and had our first date Thursday. Great times, good conversation, and older than me which is preferred. Just trying to wrap my head around 2 kids, 5 and 8, and because they're with him this weekend i probably won't hear from him. I'm trying to not let the kids be the deal breaker but I've been stepmom before and...:-/

2nd new guy, Professor, is an hour away. Our first date, we met in the middle and he went all out with the expensive restaurant. Good conversation but I can tell he's just as busy as I am. Our next meeting is scheduled for tomorrow. He wants me to travel there but I don't know about that just yet, unless we're going to take turns 'cuz gas ain't cheap. Maybe I'll ask about gas. Closed mouths don't get fed right? I know an hour isn't that far. It's a lot closer than the 10 hours between me and Smoke. But I'm not sure if I want Professor to come here yet and that may be next in the sequence. I'm older than him by a few months but he has no kids, also works in Education, and is completing his Doctorate. And he's sexy!

Wish I could fast forward past the first impressions. Both are good.

9 pm Smoke finally apologized. Whoop dee doo.

"Does she say anything about me? Does she miss me?"

Says the guy, a friend of friends, who randomly disappeared after several dates.

"Why didn't you tell me she would be here today?! She's beautiful... Tell her I'm sorry... We haven't talked in months... What? I rambled off to her at so-and-so's party?? Nooo, that didn't happen! It did?? Why didn't anyone stop me?? I don't remember... I was drunk... I miss Carlita! Jk...("oh please, you wouldn't say that if you didn't feel that way")... Well... I dunno... She really hasn't said anything about me? "

Relayed to me via phone after a little event during which I saw this fella. I addressed him first to say hi as I was leaving, as there was a lot of unnecessary tension and awkwardness.

My friend kept saying: why do you care?! She's not worried about you, she hasn't asked about you. She doesn't need your apology.

Well, I do appreciate the attempt at an apology, though it's many months too late.

Keeping a journal and meditating on trusting myself to make sound decisions has alleviated some sadness and given me strength.

RT: GOD does not make mistakes, he has blessed you & made a way.

From MyTouch 4G...On which animated Gifs may not be seen:(

Guess I can take this Christmas gift back. More money for the penny slots in Vegas cause me and my sis are going for Christmas!!!!

The power of positive (or negative!) thinking is very strong! I brought a friend as a guest to a holiday party at a singles event. She is younger than me(26) and harps on being single and getting old. She did this for like 4 hours. We were with a group of girls who's ages ranged from 28-37.... And at 26, you are complaining to US about being single?? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Later on in the night, we were talking to a guy. I was having a fine conversation with this nice guy about traveling and how long we've lived in the city, whatever. He was pretty chill. But then, here comes my friend, Debbie Downer, whining about men and wanting her dream man to be a lumberjack from Colorado and saying that NO ONE is ever attracted to her....

*SIGH*

Why don't younger people listen? At this rate, people are going to think you're:

Desperate
Don't have enough positive self worth
Not fun!
Can't cope with being by yourself

I probably should've told her to cut it out and keep it light but she was too far down the path.

Went out with the girls last night, had a good time. I don't know if it was the new wig or what, but I got a lot of attention. Went on the dance floor 3 times, and once was with a white dude! :blush: I've never danced with a white guy in my life. :lol:

It wasn't until after my last break up that I realized that I have sooo much to offer. Now I understand the importance of knowing my worth...not just rehashing dating advice. I'm making better choices and having an easier time setting boundaries. The hardest part is my patience. I know I'll find a great guy...it's just a matter of when.

It wasn't until after my last break up that I realized that I have sooo much to offer. Now I understand the importance of knowing my worth...not just rehashing dating advice. I'm making better choices and having an easier time setting boundaries. The hardest part is my patience. I know I'll find a great guy...it's just a matter of when.

@keyawarren - GREAT post.

I know exactly how you feel and as soon as my mentality changed like yours... a couple months later I found my prince charming.

I've never met such a sweet man in my life. It just goes to show the power we have over who we attract. Once we know our own self-worth, that's when good guys come along. It's like they can smell that ish :lachen:

Be patient... he WILL come :yep:

Guess I can take this Christmas gift back. More money for the penny slots in Vegas cause me and my sis are going for Christmas!!!!

Mortons[USER][/USER]
You should take me too, I love the slots.

I just returned his gift, friday night. Because I realized I don't want to be with him. I guess i'll tell him in the morning after IHOP.:ohwell:

So he does have a heart! Friday night I texted him asking for the labs he's done for the lab report we have to turn in tomorrow and he emailed a full copy yesterday! Praise God! But I'm still over him. I don't take kindly to being yelled at. :nono:

On another note, once you start being interested in someone, why do you see them every-frickin-where you go? I ran into Delagatti while parked in front of the cafeteria to pick someone up. So random. He waved, then did a double-take like "should I stop and talk to her" and came around to my window. Gotta love the awkward moments!

Last edited:
I may never have experience the love this song describes with a father http://youtu.be/eYfj3wei3X0 but I hope one day there must be a man out there who will think of me as beauitful.There must be at least one real man who is full of substance who would believe I can be an addition to him and his life experience.I just want to experience real raw organic love.Not this power struggle foolishness.I hope 2012 shows it self to be the year of relationships both deep intricate intimacy and those of strong lasting friendships.

I'm always hit on by the WRONG type of guy. And everyone is floored when they realize I'm single. The question 'Why are you single? It seems to good to be true' makes it seem like there's something wrong with me. I've been hearing that left and right and it's ANNOYING...Maybe I just won't 'settle' for any ole guy...

-angry sigh-

Would you go on a date with someone 11 years younger?

It wouldn't be legal at my age :look: But if I was older, I still wouldn't :nono: I'd constantly be worried that he didn't want the same things I wanted, even if he said he did. :ohwell: If you can let go of that feeling, that he's not really ready to settle down, then it might work out.

Had a date night with SO Friday night when he got a text from his UWG ex that said wyd. After he ignored her, she texted him and she was f*cking done and to enjoy his date night. Chick you should have been f*cking done 9 months ago when you dumped him. :lol:

Interesting talk with SO last night....now I'm confused about what I want. :spinning: It gave us both something to think about.
Would I be willing to make a sacrifice in order for our relationship to go to the next level and not be resentful of my decision, if it came down to it? Honestly, IDK is how I would answer right now. :whyme:

This LDR seems like it's going to be harder than I thought on SO. Although, it's suiting me just fine for the moment and I'm not pressed about the future, SO seems to be shifting a little, and not in a good way. We'll see what happens....

Still looking forward to his visit though! :yep:

Last edited:
you need some patience. Why so hasty? just because I don't answer or respond when you want me to doesnt mean I'm ignoring you. I sleep. I get busy. Relax.

If he asks me about about "what if we get married" one more time.....

all these hypthotheticals.....

relax, I just got out of a situation. you know this. I'm starting to feel pressured. I'm not sure if this pressure is real or just my commitmentphobia.:nono:

that I miss you got me scared. it's too much. :nono:

I sorta kinda don't want to see you anymore now :ohwell:

Last edited:
I'm enjoying dating so much! I had a wonderful date just last night. I forgot how fun it is to JUST DATE (no sex involved) a few different guys at a time with no pressure.

Sent from my Samsung Epic :)

NOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :pullhair:

WHY ME?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?! :wallbash:

I went to sleep for a few hours after getting off the phone and when I woke to a text that said "I Love You"

no you don't. trust me.

today is already not my day. :nono:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back