***Random Thoughts: RELATIONSHIP FORUM***

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only good thing that has come out of Drew's and my date late Thursday is me staying off FB as much as possible in an attempt to avoid him. And when I am on FB, I thank God for the offline function. :look:

Interesting talk with SO last night....now I'm confused about what I want. :spinning: It gave us both something to think about.
Would I be willing to make a sacrifice in order for our relationship to go to the next level and not be resentful of my decision, if it came down to it? Honestly, IDK is how I would answer right now. :whyme:

This LDR seems like it's going to be harder than I thought on SO. Although, it's suiting me just fine for the moment and I'm not pressed about the future, SO seems to be shifting a little, and not in a good way. We'll see what happens....

Still looking forward to his visit though! :yep:

Perhaps he should be the one to make a sacrifice, especially if he is the one who is pressed.

The only good thing that has come out of Drew's and my date late Thursday is me staying off FB as much as possible in an attempt to avoid him. And when I am on FB, I thank God for the offline function. :look:

:lol: oh doom! What happened???

Sent from my PC36100 using PC36100

:lol: oh doom! What happened???

Sent from my PC36100 using PC36100

:lachen: @ oh doom!!

CarLiTa He is just not my type. :nono: Very charming on FB/if you can't see or hear him during the conversation, but in person, :nono:. His voice is so obnoxious like nails on a chalkboard and he dresses like he's from the 90s. Can you say uber-nerd? Plus he's immature and has self-esteem issues. He's 21 and he would randomly stick his tongue out at me during the conversation. :nono: Didn't help that it had these weird white patches on it. :sad:

Unfortunately, he really likes me. He shaved just because I mentioned that I like clean-shaven men and he will not stop complimenting me. We have a lot in common as far as interests and personality but he's just too creepy, weird, and immature and I can't get past all of that. :nono:

Thankfully, he doesn't have my number and I don't really have to see him after Wednesday (I don't think we have classes together next semester).

In other news, I have a short list of guys I would like to get to know better next semester, one of which will be inevitable because we'll be working together as president and treasurer of a club on campus (I am president; he is treasurer). Another will be in 2 (?) of my classes. He's a friend of Zdubs's but (haha) he seems like a cool person. He's 24 and took two years off after high school to play semi-professional basketball in Sweden. The other is Delagatti because he seems like such a nice person.

So I thought I had a brilliant idea by creating an online journal, thinking it would be easier, less embarrassing (lol) and more discreet than actually writing in a regular journal. Although the website says its safe and protected and what not, I feel weird putting my deep thoughts out there like that! Like somehow someone will be able to access it or hack it or something. Am I crazy for thinking this? lol

"You can't undo anything you've already done, but you can face up to it. You can tell the truth. You can seek forgiveness. And then let God do the rest."

Saw this somewhere.

In this very moment I'm in is pure happiness. I'm excited about my relationship with myself. I just discovered some very fascinating things about my background, heritage, my capabilities...I'm also having a creative burst. But I realize that I have been too focused on everybody else...well My FH. I love him to death, but I need to get some of that back to me.

He'll live. :lol:

Interesting talk with SO last night....now I'm confused about what I want. :spinning: It gave us both something to think about.
Would I be willing to make a sacrifice in order for our relationship to go to the next level and not be resentful of my decision, if it came down to it? Honestly, IDK is how I would answer right now. :whyme:

This LDR seems like it's going to be harder than I thought on SO. Although, it's suiting me just fine for the moment and I'm not pressed about the future, SO seems to be shifting a little, and not in a good way. We'll see what happens....

Still looking forward to his visit though! :yep:

Personally I think he should be the one to move, UNLESS he's given you a ring, set a wedding date, and is okay w/ providing for you totally until you find a job and get settled.

NOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :pullhair:

WHY ME?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?! :wallbash:

I went to sleep for a few hours after getting off the phone and when I woke to a text that said "I Love You"

no you don't. trust me.

today is already not my day. :nono:

LOLOL I like how you talk...you should go into writing.

And what did you end up saying????

LOLOL I like how you talk...you should go into writing.

And what did you end up saying????

itismehmmkay

thank you for the compliment! I would try writing but they don't make enough money :lachen:

*checks phone*

I said: "I just woke up. Where did that come from???" :look:

ETA: that L-word message was preceded by something about 7 years and him having a soft spot in his heart..... i mean, damn, what was I supposed to say....

Last edited:
I realized earlier that it was 5 years ago today that my ex did me the biggest favor ever and ended our relationship. I remember that day, and the subsequent months of feeling like I was gonna lose my mind like it was yesterday. It makes me a little sad that it's been that long since my last real relationship, considering I'm getting on in years. But I know that the guys I've dealt with since weren't right for me. Not bad people (well most of them), just not a good fit.

IDK, maybe he's out there, maybe he isn't. Either way life goes on, so I guess I should live it.

Last edited:
In this very moment I'm in is pure happiness. I'm excited about my relationship with myself. I just discovered some very fascinating things about my background, heritage, my capabilities...I'm also having a creative burst. But I realize that I have been too focused on everybody else...well My FH. I love him to death, but I need to get some of that back to me.

He'll live. :lol:
Love this. :yep:

Learning that what glitters is not gold. I seen a lot of engagements and relationships pop off from people in my real life including the guy I entertained for so long but **** is ending quicker as the days go by from some of these people....it's shocking.

I am thankful for everything that has been happening to me these past couple of months bc it is making me a stronger woman.

Like erykah badu says, do not take it personal it is only a test.

Cause I sure was tested a few days ago and I did good.

CONVERSATION W/BFF ABOUT FIGURING OUT MY LIFE:

BFF: "What is it that you want out of life?"
Me: "IDK what I'm good at. What do you think I'm good at?"
BFF: "you've got the gift of gab; i've always thought you'd make a great sexy lawyer.... you can convince a mexican to buy a taco from you"

:lachen:

It was weird hearing my christian virgin bff use the word "sexy" lol

IDK, I think I'm going to go stay at her house for a while, she'll be on my a$$ like white on rice til I re-take the LSAT. She's kinda bossy. I'm like a homeless nomad. I stay at everyone's house but my own lol.....

Last edited:
I just cant help but be kind-hearted and a lover by nature. Its not me that needs to change. It is not a flaw.

It certainly is not.

You don't need to change a damn thing, you just need to find someone who will appreciate those characteristics.

Perhaps he should be the one to make a sacrifice, especially if he is the one who is pressed.

I agree! I hope so though. He's coming out here soon, so hopefully he likes it as much as I do. I don't want to go back! :nono:

His coworkers were questioning why he was coming all the way out here to visit me :huh: I didn't really think it was a big deal, but apparently they implied that since he was coming ALL this way to see me (like I'm in Australia or something), that he must be proposing. I kinda think they got in his head because he was talking about how it's a big deal because he's never done this for anyone before :blah:. Well, yeah, none of his previous GF's moved this far away before either. I think he's REALLY thinking about our future together. He said he has a timeline in his head for his professional endeavors which will affect his personal endeavors (us). But what he doesn't know is, I have one too, and though I'm good for now, I won't be dating him past 2012 as just a GF.

We still have more to discuss about our future though, so we'll see. I think things will be clearer after he visits, so I'm just going to see what happens.

Last edited:
Personally I think he should be the one to move, UNLESS he's given you a ring, set a wedding date, and is okay w/ providing for you totally until you find a job and get settled.

You know what, that's exactly what it would take. Seriously.

I just moved from where he lives and I LOVE where I am now. I love my job, the atmosphere, the landscape. So, it would have to be ALL of the above for me to go back.

We had a rough night. I was one breath away from telling him we should break up. I wouldn't even tell him what was wrong. I'm trying to just enjoy this but I keep over-analyzing everything. I convince myself we're going to break up anyway so what's the point? I really need to stop thinking and just start being fully present in this relationship.

Dude had me really down and out this weekend...how did you invite me over THEN flake on me, when I agreed? O_o I really think you're not worth it. Matter of fact you're NOT worth it! SMDH we have so much in common and yet you don't even want to explore the opportunity of that. Sucks but I think it's really ON to the next! I know you'll still be living your life just as you were fine without me so Im done "chasing" you.

"Assclowns are about one way investment and it’s all coming from you. He’s in for a penny and you’re in for a pound. You’re so busy trying to make him love you and trying to keep him, and trying to persuade him that he should stick around and see your wonderful qualities and realise your vision of things, that you don’t realise that he’s throwing in a crumb and you’re chucking back a loaf. The more you do, the less he does. He does something miniscule and you thank the heavens, take it as a sign of his love, and go into emotional investment overdrive!"

Finally realizing this!

Baggagereclaim.com

I do miss our rhythm, but its not worth it!

From MyTouch 4G...On which animated Gifs may not be seen:(

I really miss Smokie :cry:

Date with the Professor was ok until he started talking about his "needs". You're cute but you ain't that cute for me to be giving up the cookie on date #2. Moving on from that but I realize this, starting over, isn't going to be easy. What would be easy is running back to Smoke but I can't....no excuses for what he did and I don't care how distraught he was. No excuses.

The best part of my Monday was at 7:30 this morning when "Mark" called me to tell me to have a good day at work. :drunk: The rest of my day sucked. I am so ready for Christmas break...and a career change. :perplexed

i'm going through that phase again. starting to obsess about the idea of becoming a housewife and just walking away from everything. it always passes, but when it comes its BAD.

i was talking to my friend about it, and he said i should stop talking about it and just be about it. stop wasting time with all this book learning, and find a husband then :lol:

i think he's tired of hearing me complain :look:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back