***Random Thoughts: RELATIONSHIP FORUM***

Status
Not open for further replies.
hopeful - How was the party you attended Saturday night? Hope you had a good time.

Aww thanks for asking. It was nice. The hotel was beautiful, dinner was really good (filet mignon & lobster), and they had a great band. We ended up sitting at a table with a fun group of people so we laughed a lot. Everything was very relaxed and festive. And I danced a lot which always makes me happy:yep:.

My Ex would not stop contacting me. So I decided to send him this text and block him from ever texting or calling me again.
Please never contact me again. I know my worth and I deserve much more than you ever offered. I deserved to be treated like the queen I am.
One day soon, God will bless me with a man that will love, respect, and appreciate me for who I am . Like I said...good luck

That felt d*mn good!
My motto for 2012 is "Out with the old...in with the new"

I was bored yesterday, so I went back and read some of my old posts/threads. There has a been A LOT of bulls*** in my life over the past 5 years, SMH. I feel like I've made NO progress since I first posted about my ex bf back in 2006. Every year since around this time, I swore next year would be better, and I wouldn't do x, y and z anymore. Yeah, ok.

I guess there's no use dwelling over that, I can't change the past. It's just so disappointing. But next year will be better, for real.

Last edited:
I did some research and some brainstorming last night.
I seem to work and feel better about goals when they are broken down into smaller goals. Looking at one big goal sometimes gives me analysis paralysis.

I even have "goals" like: "Camel ride!" (God willing, I am traveling to northern Africa in the spring:pray: so, I'll cross that goal off easily:yep::lol:)

I'm excited about what's on the list, and I know that I deserve to work at and achieve ALL OF THEM:yep: I am always eager and willing to help others achieve their professional goals, and this time, I will channel that energy in my own direction, with prayer to quell the anxiety.

I was bored yesterday, so I went back and read some of my old posts/threads. There has a been A LOT of bulls*** in my life over the past 5 years, SMH. I feel like I've made NO progress since I first posted about my ex bf back in 2006. Every year since around this time, I swore next year would be better, and I wouldn't do x, y and z anymore. Yeah, ok.

I guess there's no use dwelling over that, I can't change the past. It's just so disappointing. But next year will be better, for real.

Recognizing problematic behavior patterns is a big step in breaking cycles, so you have a made more progress than you realize. :yep: Best wishes your continued growth in the new year!!!

Last edited:
Recognizing problematic behavior patterns is a big step in breaking , so you have a made more progress than you realize. :yep: Best wishes your continued growth in the new year!!!

Thanks. :)

I know I should give myself a little more credit, but IDK, it was really difficult to read though all that stuff and not see almost ANYTHING positive. It was nothing but horror stories and drama, a good amount of which probably could have been avoided. Like damn, chick- don't you ever get sick and tired of being sick and tired?

But I do believe that 2012 is going to be the year that all that will change. Maybe not in the romance department (I really can't muster up any optimism here), but in other areas of my life.

Last edited:
Thanks. :)

I know I should give myself a little more credit, but IDK, it was really difficult to read though all that stuff and not see almost ANYTHING positive. It was nothing but horror stories and drama, a good amount of which probably could have been avoided. Like damn, chick- don't you ever get sick and tired of being sick and tired?

But I do believe that 2012 is going to be the year that all that will change. Maybe not in the romance department (I really can't muster up any optimism here), but in other areas of my life.

Baby steps MzLady...baby steps. Just keep living and you will see that in time you will be just fine.

@ the bolded :yep: absolutely! Real change takes a lot of work. And sometimes we just need help. Until I sought out good therapy all the planning made no difference because in the end I was going to find a way to sabotage myself. My subconscious mind did not believe in me or my plans. Now it finally does. I believe in you MzLady. I know you can achieve what you want.

Baby steps MzLady...baby steps. Just keep living and you will see that in time you will be just fine.

@ the bolded :yep: absolutely! Real change takes a lot of work. And sometimes we just need help. Until I sought out good therapy all the planning made no difference because in the end I was going to find a way to sabotage myself. My subconscious mind did not believe in me or my plans. Now it finally does. I believe in you MzLady. I know you can achieve what you want.

Thanks ladies, I really appreciate the support. :kiss:

My ex says we dated for a year....I only remember like 4 or 5 months...

Then again, how would I know, I never remember any of my relationships. I can't reminisce on "memories" because usually I no longer have them :ohwell:

i remember doing something like that with my journal. it was so pitiful. the stuff i wrote in it 10 years ago sound just like the same crap i was going through at the time. but i decided to let all of that go, stop being so hard on myself, and forgive myself. i am still not where i wanna be in life right now, but i know my future is starting to look brighter, one step at a time.

i remember doing something like that with my journal. it was so pitiful. the stuff i wrote in it 10 years ago sound just like the same crap i was going through at the time. but i decided to let all of that go, stop being so hard on myself, and forgive myself. i am still not where i wanna be in life right now, but i know my future is starting to look brighter, one step at a time.

Girl, don't even get me started on the journals. Every new guy, I start a new one because the last one became a never-ending b**chfest about the nonsense that took place with that individual. So I have 50-11 half empty journals lying around. :rolleyes:

I have said this so many times before and each time I swear I serious as a heart attack but I'm through. If you can't tell me where we will stand when we return home then there's no more reason for me to continue to try to be more than your friend. It really sucks because I really like you and the only thing that keeps us from being together is bad timing. It's so hard to walk away from you but I have to. I keep hoping you tell me things will change but I'm not going to sit around and wait for that to happen. Hope everything works out for you.

No, I'm not sleepy. But you hurt my feelings so bad and I didn't want to ruin the rest of your birthday so I just went to bed. I'm just going to pray.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using T-Mobile G2

My choux is sick :sad: I feel so bad...I wish there was something I could do. I've never really had the desire to take care of someone before.

The guy I met Saturday night friended me on Facebook. Yippie! But, I learned that he is 25.... Ugh. I knew he would be younger but I didn't think by that many years! He's smart though... Which I respond to. We shall see if he will use that phone number I gave him. I'm curious.

Oh, and I have a date with Argentinian dude on Wednesday. ;)

he is becoming my best friend. i can talk about all of my randomness and he enjoys it! he is so open with his feelings when it comes to me or his children. i love that the most about him. i miss him... i can smell him right now.... his arms feels so good...

*Non Relationship RT*

Please pray for me ladies, I have a very important interview coming up this Thursday or Friday, depending on which day the manager has the least amount of work on his schedule.

I'm not really at liberty to talk about it sworn to silence:look: this is my 2nd and final round interview for the position and if I got it my life will literally change forever:spinning:

i am so not about to mess up what i have messin with you. you ain't ish and you know it! this is a true case of misery loves company. if i did go there, it would ruin everything and for what? a wet arse? i don't think so. i love him too much and would never wanna hurt him. just let me be happy. let me have that for once in my life. i'm not the weak little girl i used to be.

Can't believe that this time it was YOU who almost messed things up. But I'm kinda glad you did because you now understand my needs more and that you have to change so that we can be happy.

I agree. I can't see it either...even though I tried once. It's just not the same. It's not something my heart nor eyes are attracted to in the least bit.

I wish I could bring myself to at least try, but I can't. I know that limiting myself is not helping my situation, but I might just have to live with the consequences.

I can't believe she said I was like J.Lo....

I'm not that bad.....i just don't like being single.....

I know I don't like being alone, I lived alone for a while and damn near lost my mind, won't be doing that **** again.....it's bad for my health.

I have to lose 5 lbs by Saturday, gotta go play with the lawyers... this sux, no alcohol and no chocolate... I gotta find a replacement for dude at this party.... don't judge me :look:

I wish I could bring myself to at least try, but I can't. I know that limiting myself is not helping my situation, but I might just have to live with the consequences.

I'm like you and deltadreamland but if I were you I'd give a few a try. You know, why not? What can a date here and there hurt? And if they act up early on, think about how easy it would be for you to KIM. It might be good practice for you to implement better dating practices. IDK maybe I'm wrong but I don't see the harm. You deserve for someone to take you out and see your beauty (inside and out).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back