***Random Thoughts: RELATIONSHIP FORUM***

Status
Not open for further replies.
My sweetie is very sick...we are going to miss the show I got tickets for and can't sell at the last minute. He is apologizing heavily, but it's not his fault. It just sucks that the money spent is going to waste..

I didn't want to start a thread, just needed to get this off my chest.

This weekend, I planned on going to see the SO and cook for him and his family. I had asked a week in advance if this was ok with his parents, they say it's fine. So I prepare for the meal and stay up the night prior just to make sure things were perfect only to be told by the SO an hour before I leave that his father said "According to the Haitian culture, it's disrespectful for a girl to bring food over"

:huh:

Didn't end up going to see him this weekend at all, but had a blast with my own family. The food was delicious (ribs, mac n cheese, green beans and baked beans, yummy!). I'm a little upset, but seeing that things of this nature have happened for most of the duration of our relationship...i'm becoming numb hurt. Sad.

as nice as it is to be able to have someone to cuddle with, call baby , go on dates with , possibly build a future together - i really don't feel like going through learning them , dealing with their moods, their bs , excuses, having to answer to them or anything else of the sort, i just don't have the patience anymore . maybe i'm just tired or just enjoy not having to deal with all of that too much.

Just my luck, I finally met a guy that interests me but he only sees me as a friend...sigh Such is my life...

This weekend, I planned on going to see the SO and cook for him and his family. I had asked a week in advance if this was ok with his parents, they say it's fine. So I prepare for the meal and stay up the night prior just to make sure things were perfect only to be told by the SO an hour before I leave that his father said "According to the Haitian culture, it's disrespectful for a girl to bring food over"

Didn't end up going to see him this weekend at all, but had a blast with my own family. The food was delicious (ribs, mac n cheese, green beans and baked beans, yummy!). I'm a little upset, but seeing that things of this nature have happened for most of the duration of our relationship...i'm becoming numb hurt. Sad.

o dear, im sorry. i'd be so bummed. :( did he say why he did not mention this earlier? i doubt its news to him :ohwell:

it sounds like it would have been amazing though :)

Who says that getting married and having children and owning the house with the white picket fence was the normal way to lead a life? Why can't I take the road less traveled and not be seen as a weirdo for wanting to be alone instead?

:huh::huh: I ain't never heard that.
One of my ex's was Haitian and was forrever hinting about me cooking for him?

Who says that getting married and having children and owning the house with the white picket fence was the normal way to lead a life? Why can't I take the road less traveled and not be seen as a weirdo for wanting to be alone instead?

Baby girl, LIVE YOUR ONE PRECIOUS LIFE in any way you see fit...:Rose::Rose::Rose:

"A life of your own making" is beyond delicious to the soul...

I knew you would call and i knew what you would say, i only wish i'd placed a bet with somebody (silly transparent man).

o dear, im sorry. i'd be so bummed. :( did he say why he did not mention this earlier? i doubt its news to him :ohwell:

it sounds like it would have been amazing though :)

Thanks :0). I really was bummed. He says that he didn't want to hurt my feelings, but honestly I think that he was just trying to protect his own. He says that they didn't tell him until that morning...but ITA that it wasn't news to him.

The food was yummy...I'm glad that i got a chance to serve to people that appreciate it, my family :yep:

:huh::huh: I ain't never heard that.
One of my ex's was Haitian and was forrever hinting about me cooking for him?

Me either! I've dated Haitian men before and this is the first time something like this has happened. I would think that any mother would be elated that their son's girlfriend can cook at all and is willing to do so for the whole family.

BTW, the next day he texted me that he was sorry and upset that his parents treat me the way they do. He also said that if I decided to end it that he would be sad, but he would completely understand. He said that i deserve better.

I'm just going to leave it to God at this point....

Wow, you came out of left field with this one. I have to think about it and get back to you. I can't say that I'm surprised I knew you would come to your senses eventually. You can't deny this.

Me either! I've dated Haitian men before and this is the first time something like this has happened. I would think that any mother would be elated that their son's girlfriend can cook at all and is willing to do so for the whole family.

BTW, the next day he texted me that he was sorry and upset that his parents treat me the way they do. He also said that if I decided to end it that he would be sad, but he would completely understand. He said that i deserve better.

I'm just going to leave it to God at this point....

Yeah, end it on a good note and be the one that got away :grinwink:

It's over and today you simply look like a LIAR!!!!!!!!!!

I find it amazing how they can do all that talk and planning and then slip up trying to be to wordy and you sit and think and come to the conclusion that everything tht fell out of your mouth was a LIE.

I know a lot of nice guys. Nice and single guys. Guys without kids. Decent jobs. Well educated. Respectful. Overall nice guys. We allllllllllllllll know guys like this. My cousin claimed all the good ones are taken. Oh not true. Their are good ones out that. I pointed out that she knew so and so. Single, nice guy who is SAVING HIMSELF for MARRIAGE. Mid-twenties. Tall. Engineer. Gov't job (can we say job security....). Needless to say never been married, no kids. No drama. Hangs out with good folk. ..... The problem is that these guys lack .......

SWAGGER.

Yeah I said. Swagger = that certain umph that makes you take notice the first time. I told cuz.........when you get to my age, you will regret this. Wasting so many years chasing after the jobless, no direction, funny pretty boy while ignoring the nice guy. Talking about she don't know if she wants to marry swagger boy. I was like :rolleyes:

Ummm....... he ain't asking you first of all. Secondly, he is not even chasing after you. I don't care if he did ask your opinion on should he leave his city. A question does not equate a relationship. No commitment and you don't know if you want to marry him. :rolleyes:

Some things we just have learn with experience. *sigh*

I kissed a guy of another race the other day...I don't know if I can get with kissing someone without any lips:nono:. I didn't feel nothing but mustache and chin:sad:...

I kissed a guy of another race the other day...I don't know if I can get with kissing someone without any lips:nono:. I didn't feel nothing but mustache and chin:sad:...
I know EXACTLY what you mean. I was grossed out and completely turned off to say the least. EEEEW!! :barf::barf: *remembering it*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back