***Random Thoughts: RELATIONSHIP FORUM***

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I read ER doc....36.....I was like... :yep::yep::yep::yep::yep: I *know* all about men like him. Lawyers too.

Single Black men..... at that age ....in THOSE professions....... best to be avoided ...especially ER ones. I could write a book. :yep:

In fact, I thought about setting up one with a LHCF cuz but those men are just so over the top sometimes that it's just not worth it.

The sage continues...

This guy has a LOT of nerve.

We met 1 year ago. He has had my contact information for ONE YEAR. 365 days. And on the 364th day, he decided to rifle through my e-mails (read: obsessed over my pictures), find my number and use it. When he called it was 6:00 pm in Miami and I was by the hotel pool. Did not recognize the number but answered anyway :rolleyes:

He was 'just looking at your emails, well really, your photos and thinking how beautiful you are. not just a made-up for the camera beautiful but a just-chilling-around-the-house-beautiful.' He droned on and on about how he spent his birthday last December in Paris. How work has been slowing down. Finally, he asked for a date on Saturday. I promptly told him I wouldn't be available. He is totally self-centered, totally focused on himself without a care for how I really feel/am. I ended the phone call.

When I didn't call him back, he texted me. :look: When I did not respond, he e-mailed; When I ignored it, he sent me a picture (WHY?) They always come back. This guy knew I was a catch from Day 1 and did nothing while I went out, lived my life and had a damn good time doing it. :) The guy called on Thursday and set up a dinner date for Saturday VIA VOICEMAIL. Who does that? Saturday rolled around and my day went on as usual. I went about life per usual, not giving a second thought to this 'date.' At 5:45 pm I get a phone call from the guy. I let it go to voicemail. After I heard it, I could only shake my head and delete the message.

He explained that he was sorry he had to cancel the date (mmmhhmmm) because of his schedule (mmmhmmm). He couldn't get off of work and we'll have to re-schedule (yeah, okay). *delete*

You say he's a jerk, right? Yeah, a pompous, self-centered arse?

He's all of that and an African-American ER doctor worth millions, about 36.

:ohwell:

Sometimes money can't buy happiness.

Last night was... :wow: I can't wait for a re-enactment. Is this the guy that was specially created for me?? Seems like we match so perfectly.

Just because he's ready to move on I'm not and I think I should be able to sit here and sulk for a while.

ok so last night i told you how i felt :blush: :grin: and even though you were trying to play it cool i can tell you were smiling and we're on the same page but there is no rush, we'll just see where it goes :yep:.

Last week was quite an emotional week and I said some things that I didn't really mean. I'm glad you accepted my apology and we have agreed to leave it in the past....sigh

I simply, totally, and completely love this man. He's shared his worst with me, and I've shared my worst with him. And we still love each other....WOW! Who would have thought all those years of friendship would have lead up to this? Yesterday he told me he's always loved me...:reddancer:

Almost every guy I've dated in the past 3 years has come out of hiding to "check in and say hi". ********* you just wanna see if I'm available & if you can still get in. Well you can't, so adios.

I don't like when we have an "off" night. :ohwell: I know nothing's perfect, and that's to be expected, but I still don't like it. :nono:

when I get mad/upset/my feelings hurt... it is only because i love you... and i am not ready to tell you... because i am not ready for your response... either way

but i think you already know... by the way indulge/calm/talk to me... and set my little world right... and simply do not tolerate me being mad at a brother for working

we will get there one day

Dear platonic friends' SO,
I know yall been together 5 years but sister to sister, he's cheating on you and don't intend on marrying you:nono:.

Hell, I've been knowing him since 03 and he's just started claiming you about 2 years ago. He's just now telling other girl about you and that's just because he's living with you know.

You know all those trips he go on to "promote his business". Well, chiiiild, he has a female in every one of them. I know, I've met some of them. He was even engaged to one of them. You have too as a matter of fact. He loves you:rolleyes: but he doesn't think you're on his level and he's just waiting until something better comes along:sad:. Yeah, I know you have your own business, a nice house and all but those are his words not mine.

I've tried to tell him to stop cheating and to marry you but he won't listen:nono: Um kick his arse out, get a copy of the Rules, and don't move another man in unless he put a ring on it

Good luck, honey.

Dear platonic friends' SO,
I know yall been together 5 years but sister to sister, he's cheating on you and don't intend on marrying you:nono:.

Hell, I've been knowing him since 03 and he's just started claiming you about 2 years ago. He's just now telling other girl about you and that's just because he's living with you know.

You know all those trips he go on to "promote his business". Well, chiiiild, he has a female in every one of them. I know, I've met some of them. He was even engaged to one of them. You have too as a matter of fact. He loves you:rolleyes: but he doesn't think you're on his level and he's just waiting until something better comes along:sad:. Yeah, I know you have your own business, a nice house and all but those are his words not mine.

I've tried to tell him to stop cheating and to marry you but he won't listen:nono: Um kick his arse out, get a copy of the Rules, and don't move another man in unless he put a ring on it

Good luck, honey.

You should send this EXACT letter to her anonymously.

Can you forgive me, I know it might sound crazy
But right now my hearts a little lazy
Tired of opening up tired of caring
I don’t feel like lovin you don’t feel like lovin you
Can you forgive me, I know it might sound crazy
But who knew love could be so draining

Last edited:
My favorite horror movie sequel comes out this weekend and your the only person I want to go see it with, so I have an excuse to hold onto you tight and bury my head in your chest during the scary parts. :look: :grin:

Who decided that at age 35 you are suddenly crazy, grotesque, and a complete mutant incapable of mating? It burns me that people are talking to me as if my shelf life is about to expire. If I don't get married by the time I am 35, it DOES NOT make me some kind of failure. UGH! Get off my case already. It happens when it happens.

Who decided that at age 35 you are suddenly crazy, grotesque, and a complete mutant incapable of mating? It burns me that people are talking to me as if my shelf life is about to expire. If I don't get married by the time I am 35, it DOES NOT make me some kind of failure. UGH! Get off my case already. It happens when it happens.

Girl dont pay people any mind. I'm 41 and I am not married. Nobody knows a person's story. They just make ASSumptions and judge you the way society tells them to. Most folks think that if a woman is not married by a certain age....nobody must have wanted her. SO NOT TRUE. Maybe, just maybe, she just still aint ready or thought she was ready and backed out (my story) or she does not feels she is with the right one. Shoot, maybe she has turned down several proposals...folks dont tend to think all that.

Girl dont pay people any mind. I'm 41 and I am not married. Nobody knows a person's story. They just make ASSumptions and judge you the way society tells them to. Most folks think that if a woman is not married by a certain age....nobody must have wanted her. SO NOT TRUE. Maybe, just maybe, she just still aint ready or thought she was ready and backed out (my story) or she does not feels she is with the right one. Shoot, maybe she has turned down several proposals...folks dont tend to think all that.

PREACH IT SISTA!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had to tell a woman this not to long ago and then her mouth dropped when i told her the name of the man i'm considering, now she's sick and looking stupid.

Im not a mind reader! Why would you be so nice to me in the afternoon and in the evening dump me revealing you had a problem with things i was doing but you never took the time to talk to me about it.

i dont know how in the h e l l ...i get myself into these long distance relationships one after the other. how is it possible? why cant i click with someone in ny!! Argh...but i really hit the jackpot this time. He's wonderful. But i'll be darned if im taking planes left & right to go see him. virginia is not that far..but it's far enough. however, im not tossing this up over the distance cuz its been a while since i've been treated like this. I'm starting to believe i'll end up with a southern guy. There's something about them that's different from a guy up north. Hmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back