Ok Single Girls...

Where do you meet eligible men in Real Life?

• At The Grocery Store

Votes: 23 24.0%
  • At the Gym

Votes: 20 20.8%
  • At the Club/Lounge/Bar

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • At the Mall

Votes: 16 16.7%
  • On the Streets

Votes: 37 38.5%
  • Introduced Through Mutual Friends

Votes: 41 42.7%
  • At Work

Votes: 34 35.4%
  • At a Sporting Event

Votes: 9 9.4%
  • Other

Votes: 39 40.6%

• Total voters

metro_qt

Single girls.. and for those of you not so single.. lol..

Where are you all meeting *datable* men these days?

My friends have put me on an internet ban. (Yeah. :sekret: that's right. I said it. I've done my fair share of internet dating.... no luck yet)

Anyway. I really don't meet many datable men in 'real' life.

I've thought long and hard... No.. i don't go clubbing too much anymore... (maybe I should start) but Yes, i do get out and about....

(I do promotional and marketing events, so I'm all over the place in a given month.)

The men I do meet, i'm not interested in... I get alot of OLD caucasian men... Like 50 years old.. who stop and whistle, or tell me it's a pity their wife is up ahead :perplexed:

I glam myself up on occasion, make sure my makeup's right, my clothes are decent... what gives!?

Where are you guys meeting men on a day to day basis? Let me know, cuz i'm not meeting the eligible ones...

I need to put myself on an internet ban. :look:

I met this lawyer at one of those black professional events a few weeks ago. He seemed ok but he was just looking for some bootay.

I met this lawyer at one of those black professional events a few weeks ago. He seemed ok but he was just looking for some bootay.

Lol, join the club....

Hmm... that's a great idea... maybe I should find some professional associations... Bad thing is, here, in Toronto... there verrrrrrrrrrry few 'Black' professional associations...

Here's my question to you... Did Mr Bootay approach you at this event? Did y'all 'make eyes' lolol...

I'm not.......:ohwell:

But see.. we've got to change this..
ummm.. though, MzLady, didn't I read that you aren't looking any more?

Lol. Well. when you do decide to put yourself back on the market, I hope this thread is full of real hot tips....

But see.. we've got to change this..
ummm.. though, MzLady, didn't I read that you aren't looking any more?

Lol. Well. when you do decide to put yourself back on the market, I hope this thread is full of real hot tips....

LOL.

I'm just being a smart ***, don't mind me. :grin:

But seriously, I never really considered myself "looking" to have stopped looking. But I was definitely open to meeting someone.

I really haven't established where the type of guy I'd like to meet hangs out.

I'm not single anymore but I always met people when I was just out and about. Like say on my lunch break or on the subway or something. I never met people at clubs. They wouldn't approach me.

ETA: Also, I've met a lot of people while bartending. I just got slipped a business card the other day.

Last edited:

I'm in Cali too and I meet a lot of well-educated, attractive black men at these professional events. Most of them are usually looking for some "bootay" and are either married, divorced, separated, sexually indecisive :ohwell: or some form of all of the above. I met this really attractive orthodontist the last time I went to one of these events. He was cool until I noticed the ring and when I asked he said it was okay because his wife was at Howard's homecoming. :look:

I'm not single right now but I'm also very young and I am not blind :yep:

I tried the online thing before my SO and I became serious. We've been dating on and off since 02. more off than on though.
Match was cool, but it was usually older professional white men or young "eminem" type white guys, with the occassional older black man who were interested.

I voted for meeting through mutual friends. The dating game sucks and I'm tired of "dumbing" myself down to find attractive guys. Summer is here so meeting guys at some of the festivals that will be going on is a possibility. At least you know that you'll have one thing in common.

I'm not single anymore but I always met people when I was just out and about. Like say on my lunch break or on the subway or something. I never met people at clubs. They wouldn't approach me.

Hold up, stop the press!

When did this happen?

LOL.

I'm just being a smart ***, don't mind me. :grin:

But seriously, I never really considered myself "looking" to have stopped looking. But I was definitely open to meeting someone.

I really haven't established where the type of guy I'd like to meet hangs out.

See? you're lucky, to not be looking, they always say that the ones that aren't looking (or never were looking in the first place) get smacked upside the head with a good man...

I've heard too many of the same stories....

Im single and LOOKING. This has gone on for about 2 years. Im miserable.

Ain't that the truth!!!!!!!!! I couldn't meet men at clubs to save my life....No one would approach....

See? you're lucky, to not be looking, they always say that the ones that aren't looking (or never were looking in the first place) get smacked upside the head with a good man...

I've heard too many of the same stories....

I have no idea how to STOP looking. Its on my mind 24/7

In my experience, you have to be careful with those. A lot of those men capitalize on those events. They know there's going to be a lot of single women there.

I'm in seven year relationship right now but if I was single I'd be totally lost as to where to meet ELIGIBLE men.
Men approach me all the time wherever I am but I don't think they are genuine. Apparantly its even hard to find an eligible man in church. Oh yeah...heard some horror stories about churchy guys too.

I'm in seven year relationship right now but if I was single I'd be totally lost as to where to meet ELIGIBLE men.
Men approach me all the time wherever I am but I don't think they are genuine. Apparantly its even hard to find an eligible man in church. Oh yeah...heard some horror stories about churchy guys too.

Been there done that. :nono:

Hey Miss Metro!

I stay in Toronto too!

I'm in school, but I work downtown, and I meet guys around there a lot (Basketball games and other sporting events). Last summer I had a ball meeting people at different festivals (especially the black ones, Africa Fest, Caribanna).

I find teh summer is most definitely the time to meet guys, everyone comes out when it gets Hot! :)

I am single and not looking but I am a member of PMI and I meet some decent professional men when I attend the functions. The other good way is through friends who know you and who know the guy for the most part.

I meet guys at the gym but they generally are too young and dummer than dirt.:rolleyes:

Well, I don't work out, or go to events, so I mainly meet guys when i go to clubs/parties on the weekends. Sometimes I may meet someone during my lunch break but working in nyc, its kinda easy to run into some eligible man, even if they're not ur type, or u don't end up hitting it off with them.

But with all that said, i'm still single:perplexed

Hey Miss Metro!

I stay in Toronto too!

I'm in school, but I work downtown, and I meet guys around there a lot (Basketball games and other sporting events). Last summer I had a ball meeting people at different festivals (especially the black ones, Africa Fest, Caribanna).

I find teh summer is most definitely the time to meet guys, everyone comes out when it gets Hot! :)

Hey Kisses!!!! :wave: What up!
I'm finding that all the people on the streets at the different festivals.. like AfroFest/Caribana.. you know how them things are....

Caribbana's for all the Americans.. so yeah.. American guys will approach, and then they're gone like the wind the week after... and the Cdn guys? ... They're just off somewhere wildin out...

Actually Afrofest, and the other festivals... i've been, but not really met anyone.. lol, maybe I should be hanging out with you...

I've had lots of luck at places most other women don't frequent: sporting mainly events....

i work weekends so i have to hang out during the week (at lounges, sports bars) and surprisingly there are very few women out during the weeknight so there are more choices for me.....i don't do the gym b/c i'll have to see them again:lachen:.

I've had lots of luck at places most other women don't frequent: sporting mainly events....

yesss, i've been trying to get my g-friend to come with me to sporting events....or even a sports bar. But now i'm thinking that those men would most likely be married, and trying to get away from the wife, and that's why they're at the sports bar:look:

i work weekends so i have to hang out during the week (at lounges, sports bars) and surprisingly there are very few women out during the weeknight so there are more choices for me.....i don't do the gym b/c i'll have to see them again:lachen:.

Now see???
that's a realllly good idea!!

Lounges and Sports Bars... during the week....
Hey ladies.. some of us could give this a try....
single & ready to mingle.

not trying to stereotype but many of the kinds of black men that i like went to predominantly white schools thus many of their friends are white so i don't turn my head at predominantly white events like CInco de Mayo or St Patricks day events b/c there are lots of blk men in attendance

Back