2012 Single & Ready to Mingle Challenge!

So the NBA finals start tonight, debating on if I should go watch..I'm PMSing but maybe some pheremones will attract some hot guy..

One point that did stand out was that if a guy you don't like approaches you turn him away respectfully don't be rude and embarrass him you never know who is watching or how hot his friends are ;)

so...summer is approaching. i'll be on vacation from work for 2ish months and ive been thinking that i need to get out this summer. i'm nervous and in no way shape or form confident about myself or my chances of finding anything....but i guess there's some part of me that still wants to try?

We have reached the halfway mark in the year...how are you ladies doing? Any updates? Is anyone closer to reaching their goal?
I'm still in the same position I was in earlier this year..my chances to mingle have decreased significantly due to just being fed up with the dating scene in general..Even though Ive joined some groups on meetup.com, the women to men ratio is disappointing.
I plan to take July off as well and continue to focus on my hair and overrall health. Hopefully things will start to pick up when football season starts.

SuchMagnificance, I just entered this thread and you have been holding it down!!!! Keep it up...I'm about to join in on the outings!!! I don't like sports though so if I went to a sports bar I would probably look like I'm on the proll:ohwell: LOL

Newly single and ready to mingle....ready to kiss some frogs to find my prince charming!

I've just been working on my flirting skills on cute guys at work and workers in the grocery store. *don't judge me* :look: I'm getting much better. Sometimes I say some pretty dumb stuff but it's totally ok because it's only the grocery store and I'm about to leave both of these jobs anyway!

This week a male associate of mine is having a happy hour. I am not all that into happy hours and I'm not even that good of a friend, BUT he's an educated, respectful guy . . . hoping that this party will draw friends of his who are similar. (BTW, dude is not available to me - he's married :grin:)

Thanks @SuchMagnificence for keepign this thread going!!!

I have moved to a new city and it seems like I have been out trying to mingle since I've gotten here. I have to get use interacting with the opposite sex again, in my old city all I did was work and come home, work and come home. This has been a big change for me and I am loving it!

Yeah. Who knew we have to relearn how to mingle with men?! Strange feelin.

On another note, been too into work and child rearin this summer to do much group adult socializing. Just a cpl dates this summer so far...

Lots of kids parties tho. :)

I need to get away...really think i need to start meeting dudes that take vacays since I love to get away a few times a yr....i should just try to meet men while on vacay shoot

I am going to do a single girl thing today. I am meeting up later with a friend at a restaurant in midtown Atlanta. However I am going to do some things in the city and one includes a drink at this wine bar Barcelona (by myself!) I have wanted to go there for a few months now. I figure that this would be the perfect time since I am never in ATL and I can walk to the restaurant.

I hope I don't chicken out.

Keshieshimmer please come back and let me know how you like Barcelona! I have always wanted to go there but have never found the time.

sapphire74 My plans changed earlier today the girl that I was supposed to meet up with had some car issues leading to her car getting towed so she was unable to make it. So I still went and got my eyebrows done at http://www.miraclebeautysalonatl.com/ she is WONDERFUL!

I ended up just going to flip burger on howell mill. So it was my first time eating by myself. It was a kinda lonely dinner, BUT not as bad as I thought. I was hoping to try out my flirting skills with the the bartender but I am pretty sure most of the workers were gay. haha.

Actually I would still like to go to Barcelona, so if you ever go let me know. That won't be too weird right? I am in Athens though so we have nothing here.

Keshieshimmer said:
sapphire74 My plans changed earlier today the girl that I was supposed to meet up with had some car issues leading to her car getting towed so she was unable to make it. So I still went and got my eyebrows done at http://www.miraclebeautysalonatl.com/ she is WONDERFUL!

I ended up just going to flip burger on howell mill. So it was my first time eating by myself. It was a kinda lonely dinner, BUT not as bad as I thought. I was hoping to try out my flirting skills with the the bartender but I am pretty sure most of the workers were gay. haha.

Actually I would still like to go to Barcelona, so if you ever go let me know. That won't be too weird right? I am in Athens though so we have nothing here.

Keshieshimmer that would be great just let me know when you are in Atlanta again! I will also check out Miracle Beauty Salon.

Back