2012 Single & Ready to Mingle Challenge!

Any updates? Ive met and talked to so many guys in January. I'm making good impressions. I'm not feeling like its a barren world out there.

Going to a Super Bowl party tomorrow at 5. And Monday night, another mixer.

A guy asked for my number last night while out. A dude I met on my last vacay wants to see me but I'm busy.

It's gonna be a good year.

Anybody have any luck at the SuperBowl parties yesterday?

I saw a dude wearing a Patriots jersey so I had to give him a hard time (hardcore Giants fan over here). We bantered back and forth the rest of the night.

I also ran into an LHCF cousin! :lol: (She's not on the forum anymore, though.)

no luck at my super bowl party. i was chatting with a cute guy but his hair was 90s greasy and not in a good way. he also seemed to be more concerned about how much he planned to drink. didn't take it much further.

i gotta think of other ways to come in contact with more dudes.

So, Friday I went on a date with someone I met online. It was HORRIBLE! The conversation was dry as all hell, I was bored and he was rude. I ended up leaving the date early.

Saturday was fun. I went to a pre-Valentine's day meetup and met several guys. One of them even sent me a little love email, lol. It was a nice gesture. The guys were cool, but I didn't meet anyone I would say I'm into or would want to get to know.

I need to join this challenge I honestly don't remember the last time I spoke to a man.
I just RSVP'd for a meet up group for black professionals there's gonna be about 50 people there, not sure what we're doing yet.

I'm still in this challenge. I have a couple events scheduled next week. I signed up for match. *crossing my fingers and thinking positive*

In addition to my social club outings, one of my good gal pals and i have committed to going out after work once a week during the work week whenever possible. She has invited me to join her happy hours with her colleagues. I went last week and had a great time socializing with her coworkers, who are all normal, fun, and just cool people. Not pretentious. Just down to earth, which I really like!

Kind of got a vibe from one of her male colleagues, who I happened to find attractive. I wasn't 100% sure but i went out with her and her colleagues again tonight. had a GREAT time. Was reassured tonight that this guy was definitely attractive, and I was interested in him. He's very playful, smart, funny, and sweet. My friend said that he is proper boyfriend material, which is what I'm after.

Anyway, it took a while to get here but the night went super well. My friend wingmanned me practically from 5:30 pm to 12 midnight. I was waiting for dude to finally gather the balls to ask me out. He is going to plan a day for us on Monday, the holiday. I'm rather excited because the date he is trying to plan could play close to my heart if he gets it right.

I haven't felt giddy or excited like this about anyone in a while and i certainly haven't felt a reaction like this from a guy before in A WHILE! He could have staying power if this date goes well.

soooooooo excited!

DC area ladies Huge meet up 20s and 30s Going out Group is hosting a club night tomorrow at Josephine. The grow will meet at 9:30 to mingle.

1008 Vermont Ave NW
Washington DC 20001.

Tickets can be purchased for as little at $10 on their meetup site.

Something to do.

I know I haven't posted in this thread in awhile, mainly due to the fact that I was dating someone for the last couple of months..it appears now that its not working out and now I have to get back out there..I'm not gonna lie, its pretty tiresome trying to be social and maintain a certain look in order to be recognized..I'm not trying to bring down this thread, Ive been lurking and rooting from the sidelines, just thought I would give an update

Hey, single ladies! :wave:

If this challenge is still active, it might be a good one for me! Finding myself single for the first time in my life. Trying to get out there, but it's hard! Any dating, full-time working moms out there? Just finding the time to breathe is rough. But I'm gonna do it!

The summer, fall and early winter were quite busy for me dating-wise. After the holidays, things just kind of fell off. Think I'm going to have to get back out there... not easy! Not sure if it's harder when you're older or not (seeing as how I was married so young, I didn't date so have no clue!).

Sunday I have free so am gonna scour the area for events that will attract eligible men.

How are the dating sites?

DarkJoy
I know what you mean!! I am divorced and I am in no hurry to settle down again. I went out to the lounge on Saturday...I havent been out in a while and I had such a good time. I was hitting the dance floor with not a care in the world ( I think I did too much because my booty is sore LOL) I have been working out and getting in shape which has done wonders for my self-esteem:)

I have been using POF.com. Nothing special. But im trying to stop meeting men online and go back to the old fashion way....in person when Im running errands lol.

Keeping this thread fresh................
I've not been out for a long time and I have 2 nights out planned.

Tonight I'm going to a lounge/bar for a friends birthday. There will be four us and I'm going to dress up and hit that dancefloor. I plan to seperate myself from the girls every so often as I know guys tend not to approach women that are cackling together - lol.

2 weeks time someone at work is organising a BIG birthday bash and he has also labelled it as a singles night - because he is sick of all his single friends saying they can't meet anyone. He knows lots of people and they are all going to police officers, firemen, lawyers etc. Can't wait.

Rubbish - lol.
When we got there we instantly realised it was 'Asian Night'....as in their 'community' had hired the bar. Secondly, only groups of women and mixed groups/couples were allowed entry so that meant no single males.

We did see a group of men come in on their own towards the end of the night but nah, not my type at all and they looked like they were in their 50's.

I felt both invisible to all the asians and also felt like the guys were looking at me in secret like I was forbidden.

On the plus side the music was fantastic - they certainly love 'our' music and played better imo.

I'm disappointed but at least I went out.

Looking forward to my colleagues birthday bash.

Ugh, this is so not going right. When I get all fancied up and head out for the night, guys avoid me like the plague. :(

But over the last few weeks, 3 of the creepiest guys this city has to offer have asked for my number while at work. The last guy was just terrible, he'd asked if I was married, to which I quickly replied that I was taken. He just stood there with a cheesy grin, not taking no for an answer, so awkward. And I couldn't even leave because everyone in the office peering in was blocking the damn door.

Luckily I probably won't see 2 of them again, but one guy comes to me a few times a week for paperwork. More awkwardness.

It kinda puts me down, seeing these are the types of people that would show interest in me. I shouldn't really say that, since I don't know them and they could be the nicest guys on the face of the Earth. But for once it'd be nice for someone I could be interested in to step up to the plate.

Now there's an office rumour going around that I'm a lesbian. Yaaaaaaaay. I'm sure if those guys took interest in them, they'd replicate what I had done.

lol this thread is dead! Maybe we are all out mingling? Anyways, I have been going back and forth with the idea of eating by myself this sunday. I am making a short shopping trip (more window than buying) but I think I will and can do this. Ugh...as sad as it sounds I just crave some attractive male attention.

side note: my friend broke up with her lame BF finally and just days later she is entertaining another guy. Apparently she has been acquaintances with him for a few years and finally they both are single so they may start dating in a few. I want to find connections like that.

So I joined 3 groups on meetup.com
We'll see how this goes...I plan to attend a event next week..Hopefully the men to women ratio wont be too bad.

Sent from my Sprint HTC EVO using LHCF

I have been way too busy to mingle much. The meetup.com groups sound like a good idea though. I may follow suit.

Funny, I often get chatted up or smiled at by younger men but nothing comes of it. Idk what to do about that...

So I strategically place myself at the bar and as soon as I get comfortable some lame sits between me and a group of guys..then to me right Uncle Ben came and sat his crusty butt down...no ma'am...after I eat, Im moving around...
ETA: Of course Uncle Ben wants to chat it up..Not interested Pops

Sent from my Sprint HTC EVO using LHCF

Last edited:
Went to the museum today because it was free. Of course there were no eligible men there. But I had a good time observing the exhibits anyway.

Let us kno how the meetup groups go. I was looking in my area but none seem like my type....ugh I hate this city...lame!! Good luck ladies getting out of your comfort zone!

Have any of you heard if Matthew Hussey the dating coach, I went to his seminar today, it was quite good, I learned some tips some obvious ones but still good.

butterfly_wings said:
Have any of you heard if Matthew Hussey the dating coach, I went to his seminar today, it was quite good, I learned some tips some obvious ones but still good.

What cities do he go to? Is there a website?

Back