Official Single and Sexy Thread 2008......

MzLady78

..........I figure new year, new thread! :grin:

Not much to report over here.

I did see that guy that I posted about (the one who never called) at the bar 2 days ago. I was civil to him, when he spoke to me, I spoke back- but that was the extent of my interaction with him. I thought about saying something but I decided against it. I mean, it's pretty cut and dry-he didn't call because he wasn't really interested. The end. That's always been a bad habit of mine, always wanting an explanation for things when 9 times out of 10, it really doesn't even matter. Trying to stop that.

So....what's new with you?

Hey Miss lady

My ex boyfriend and I broke up (Lol thats why he is called ex) so I have just been going out with family and friends, working and going to school. Things are going pretty well for me. My ex continues to call/text me. My mom thinks he is trying to get back in my good graces and see if he can get back into my life again but we shall see. Just enjoying myself and taking care of me...as I would want all ladies (single or not!!) to do :yep:.

Hey Miss lady

My ex boyfriend and I broke up (Lol thats why he is called ex) so I have just been going out with family and friends, working and going to school. Things are going pretty well for me. My ex continues to call/text me. My mom things he is trying to get back in my good graces and see if he can get back into my life again but we shall see. Just enjoying myself and taking care of me...as I would want all ladies (single or not!!) to do :yep:.

Hey cocoaluv!

I hear ya!! :yep:

I'm like you, just trying to stay focused on me and be more productive with my time.

Well I guess I should accept that we aren't getting back together.

Nothing new here...bout to be one self centered ITCH...LOL Life is better for me when Its that way.:spinning:

Nothing new here...bout to be one self centered ITCH...LOL Life is better for me when Its that way.:spinning:

This entire post describes me perfectly. Its done:perplexed:ohwell::sad:

Other than that I have already been practising self centered ITCH mode:yep:. And shopping is making it all the more worthwhile:yep:.

Last edited:
Well i am seeing someone.. He is a total gentleman. Very nice respectable and everything that I want.... But i have to get rid of someone who has been on my mind for a while.... He has got to go. I know nothing good can come of me still wanting him, but he is sooo ffinnnee........
He is a Mr. Big....

hmm i like this thread!

....but i have nothing fantastic to report. I've come to the point where i'm really not interested in meeting any guy for the time being. preferably b/c i don't think any guy can give me what i can't get for myself at this time well not everything lol.

I'm doing fine being drama free. No wondering:
'why he didn't call back'
'what's he doing..and with who'
'does he truely like me for me'
and blah blah blah

can i join the crew :)

my divorce should be granted soon. i've been separated for 3 1/2 years and i'm ready for something... a companion, boyfriend, regular booty call. SOMETHING! :lol:

Hey MzLady - I like your attitude - go on gurl :yep: I read a book a few years back (He's Just Not that Into You) and it was an eye opener it probably shouldn't have been but it was and I feel the same way I don't need to know the why's or how come's.

..........I figure new year, new thread! :grin:

Not much to report over here.

I did see that guy that I posted about (the one who never called) at the bar 2 days ago. I was civil to him, when he spoke to me, I spoke back- but that was the extent of my interaction with him. I thought about saying something but I decided against it. I mean, it's pretty cut and dry-he didn't call because he wasn't really interested. The end. That's always been a bad habit of mine, always wanting an explanation for things when 9 times out of 10, it really doesn't even matter. Trying to stop that.

So....what's new with you?

I didn't know we had a new thread, I'm late....

Anyway, I'm still dating the guy I met around Christmas. We've gotten closer, and we both care about the other, but we dont want to rush into a committed relationship. So I'm dating other guys, and he tries to get lightweight jealous. But I told him that he'd either have to get over it or we'd have to be exclusive...and he chose to get over it :lachen:

I'm getting to know someone who lives in MD, and he's coming down in a couple weeks to spend a weekend with me. We'll see how the visit goes.

Nothing wrong with that.

We women tend to give, give, give. Sometimes you gotta say "alright, it's gonna be all about me for a little while".

It's hard for me to put my needs first when I'm in a relationship and that's what I need to do right now.

This entire post describes me perfectly. Except the part where I am giving it a little bit more time (this weekend) to see if we are, or are not getting back together :look:

Other than that I have already been practising self centered ITCH mode:yep:. And shopping is making it all the more worthwhile:yep:.

Man, I wish I could shop. But since I am DETERMINED to be out of my mama's house by 31, I gotta start budgeting and paying down some of this friggin debt. :rolleyes:

Well i am seeing someone.. He is a total gentleman. Very nice respectable and everything that I want.... But i have to get rid of someone who has been on my mind for a while.... He has got to go. I know nothing good can come of me still wanting him, but he is sooo ffinnnee........
He is a Mr. Big....

Good for you! I hope it works out.

Lawd, I know all about the Mr. Big- got me one of those too. :look:

hmm i like this thread!

....but i have nothing fantastic to report. I've come to the point where i'm really not interested in meeting any guy for the time being. preferably b/c i don't think any guy can give me what i can't get for myself at this time well not everything lol.

I'm doing fine being drama free. No wondering:
'why he didn't call back'
'what's he doing..and with who'
'does he truely like me for me'
and blah blah blah

Glad you like! :grin:

I feel you on the being drama free. I was so unhappy when I was dealing with this last knucklehead. Finally it was like "man, I can do bad all by myself".

I've been much better since we stopped dealing with each other.

can i join the crew :)

my divorce should be granted soon. i've been separated for 3 1/2 years and i'm ready for something... a companion, boyfriend, regular booty call. SOMETHING! :lol:

Of course!! Get on in here and bring that gorgeous hair with you!!! :grin:

I totally forgot you were separated.

So you haven't dealt with another guy all this time?

Hey MzLady - I like your attitude - go on gurl :yep: I read a book a few years back (He's Just Not that Into You) and it was an eye opener it probably shouldn't have been but it was and I feel the same way I don't need to know the why's or how come's.

Thanks!

I do A LOT of self evaluation. I'm really trying not to make the same mistakes I made in my 20s (and I made a lot, believe me :rolleyes:).

It's just so much easier when you let situations go and don't try to analyze them.

I didn't know we had a new thread, I'm late....

Anyway, I'm still dating the guy I met around Christmas. We've gotten closer, and we both care about the other, but we dont want to rush into a committed relationship. So I'm dating other guys, and he tries to get lightweight jealous. But I told him that he'd either have to get over it or we'd have to be exclusive...and he chose to get over it :lachen:

I'm getting to know someone who lives in MD, and he's coming down in a couple weeks to spend a weekend with me. We'll see how the visit goes.

Just started it today, I was too lazy to search for the old one! :grin:

I like your approach to this situation!

If I ever find more that one person to date (highly unlikely since I can't even find one :look:) I think I'll follow your lead!

:lol: thx!

yeah :sekret: No one steady...

I hear you. It's a jungle out there, for real!

I'm just really unimpressed the quality of guys I'm coming across these days.

And I'm not excessively picky either, considering I have a lot of things I need to work on, but damn!!!

I am sitting behind my Mr. Big in the library and he is currently ignoring me..... It is very depressing. Not one word to me, yet i am still being hard headed about this.....

Now that vday is tomorrow I've been feeling really down about being single. But tomorrow I'll be going out with my guy friend from work. We're just friends though but it's nice to have someone to hang out with.

I keep thinking about the guy I spent vday with last year and I cant get him out my head.:ohwell:

I can honestly say, I'm dropping out of the dating game right now. Of course, I'll dust my shoulders off and pick myself up again but right now I need a break.
I'll be single for a while.

Now that vday is tomorrow I've been feeling really down about being single. But tomorrow I'll be going out with my guy friend from work. We're just friends though but it's nice to have someone to hang out with.

I keep thinking about the guy I spent vday with last year and I cant get him out my head.:ohwell:

I can honestly say, I'm dropping out of the dating game right now. Of course, I'll dust my shoulders off and pick myself up again but right now I need a break.
I'll be single for a while.

Don't feel bad loca!:bighug:

I'm a drop out too!!:up:.....i hate this holiday...have a good time with ur co-worker. atleast ur celebrating something.lol

Back