I knew He Was Broke when....

At a restaurant I frequented at that!
I promise I had not idea he was going to do it.
He said "I'm gonna eat this later."
And all I wanted from the restaurant was a piece of cake so you know we looked like two cheap a*&%s for real. What can I say I got bamboozled. :ohwell:
I was so embarrassed. His food smelled up the whole section we were sitting in. I kick him to the curb though.

Ok....this entire thread is hilarious!!!!:lachen:

I knew he was broke when he took me to the restaraunt that he worked at because we would get to eat for free. ~sigh~ those younger years!

Last edited:
When he asked the cashier for MYYYY .45 cents change after I had already said for her to keep it. This is after I bought my own food and he bought his. I said "wow u went hard for that change I left". He goes "yeah times are hard for u to be leavin change like that"....:nono: :nono: :nono:

:lachen::lachen: @ dude going hard for the change....pure hilarity!

I knew he was broke when....

I stated prior to the date that I wanted some cookies from this mall by his house. He offered to buy them...

This fool proceeds to order the DAY OLD COOKIES because they are cheaper. WWWHAAATTTT????

His excuse. They are just as good as the fresh ones. It's just a marketing ploy.

Last edited:
-When I shared with him my story (which I thought was funny btw) of how the unemployment officer tried to get me apply for a job stacking tires for $4.25 per hour and he hollered out, "Shhhheeat...$4.25 per hour?! I'll take it!" with glee in his eyes.

This brought tears to my eyes...ahh man

When a friend of mine invited me and a new guy I had been dating to a house party. When we pulled up, he asked my friend if she would drive him to the gas station, buy him a pack of cigarettes, and not to worry because I would pay her back later!:blush:

i knew dis bama was broke when...

i went ova his house, and we went into his bedroom to watch tv...well, i stumped my toe, and lo n behold..i looked down, his bed is sittin on cinder blocks supported by 2x4's....

this same bama told me he was a dc police officer, a lieutenant at that ova in 7 district...ok..so when he left da room, and i got up to be nosey, i saw his officer's badge on the dresser alright....can you say JEROME IN DA HOUSE!!! dis bama a security guard cuz his badge said "Special Police"...and it was plastic..uh huh..he was special alright.... DC police badges say "Metropolitan police"

we leave out togetha..and he pushin one of those old old suburbans...had da nerve to ask me for a jump!!!! i was like.."my car don't do jumps shuga....i can call triple a or sumfin..

i was on da first thing smokin...

When I saw him walking down the street pushing a buggy with a tire that he had found on side of the street back to the roach motel that you can rent by the week .

Last edited:
When he rode around on car spare tire for about 4 months...:nono: kept lying about not wanting to invest in a new tire because he was getting 20's for his car.

In undergrad, I decided to date outside my normal preferences so I let this guy, who had being sweating me, take me to the movies. I wasn't hungry when we passed the concession. However, once we got to our seat, I decided I wanted something to ear. So I tell ol boy to go and get me some nachos with a Coke. This was his response and I kid you not,

"You want something to eat too??!!!":perplexed :lachen:

Being the prima donna that I am, I left him there. Back to my preferences.

Last edited:
we went to subway sandwiches, and he couldn't pay the bill

we had finished eating dinner and that SOB received the bill, then pushed it toward me while cleaning his teeth with a toothpick. (at Denny's).

I knew he was broke

When he used cornmeal to batter the chicken because he didn't have any flour and wouldn't go buy any (or maybe that's just lazy)

when he went to church only for the pancake breakfast

When he asked to borrow 10g's to make his payroll, but was online the same night telling some chick "I know you got a bill I can pay".

When he borrowed gas money from his daughter.

When we pulled in the drive thru and I asked him what he wanted and he replied "just give me mine in cash".

When I sent him to the store for diapers and he came back with two single diapers that he borrowed from his sister.

:drunk::drunk::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

he asks if im hungry, I say yes, then this foo pulls a DOUBLE CHEESBURGER out of his POCKET!!!!!!!! wth?!

-I knew he was cheap when i visited his apartment and he was sleeping on an air mattress, didnt own a microwave, and instead of hand soap, he would collect all his soap chips from the shower and mush them together..thats your hand soap.

When I caught him picking up old used cigarette butts...he said he would pull the last bits of tobacco out of them, roll it up in paper and voila!...a whole new cigarette.
top three. lmao

When he asked to be added to my cell phone plan... that's a 2 year commitment!

When he asks if he can cook instead of going out

When he wants you to drive because he has to use his gas to get to work

When he says quickly call me on the house phone

When he comes to the house on a bike, and he's not energy concious

When I asks him to cut the grass and he asks for gas money for the mower

When he prefers to talk on the phone on Friday night because he get his check on Saturday

...when he bought my christmas gift with his dad's credit card :look:.

...when this fool ordered himself steak and eggs and couldn't afford to pay for his fancy breakfast. I ended up paying for his meal!

....when I called this fool and his phone was turned off.

....when he was practically asking to borrow $200 from me without coming straight out and asking for it, to get his phone turned back on.

....when this fool went off on me for asking him if he had enough money to pay for our food at McDonald's, lol. BTW, I whispered in his ear. He so-say I was talking all loud, trying to make him shame in public, which was not true!

Back