2018 Relationship And Dating Thread

Really? What kinds of stories has your mother told you?
She said that from what she's seen, unless there's some serious rage going on, women are much more "creative", for lack of a better term, in what they'll do to each other. Like a man might stab you in the gut once with a knife, but a woman will burn you with cigarettes or slice you up repeatedly with smaller cuts.

My partner told me that he's not afraid to let me know that he wants me to move in with him. I'm flattered that he wants me there and wants to move to the next level.

When it's time to have that talk again, I'll let him know that I wouldn't move in with him unless we're engaged. I don't think people realize that cohabitation is akin to marriage. Once you start mixing finances, it could get tricky. Been there, done that, no thanks. Also, to live with him, I'd have to leave my coveted set up here in nyc.

Actually I'd have to make some huge changes, so it's definitely not something I can take lightly.

This is definitely a good time to learn how to drive. He's going to help me brush up so I can finally get my license. After that I'll know what's next for me.

(See my previous post about my friend)
So he broke things off with her...a day after he invited her over to make HIM a “wonderful” dinner and of course she gave up the cookie again. This woman is devastated...called me saying she can’t even go into work.

His reason for breaking it off: she was catching feelings too fast for him and he wasn’t ready for “all that”.

She was doing more than him....and more than he was willing to do for HER. He told her a grand vision, she took that vision and ran with it...he sat back and reaped bene’s of this woman being sold off a vision statement alone...no business plan insight. Now let’s flip this...what bank do you know will give you an investment loan without a business plan? You walk in there talking about I gotta vision and I need 2million, they are going to ask:

1. “Can we see your business plan?”
2. “Can we see the how’s, why’s, when’s, and what’s of this vision?”
3. “Can you provide at least 2-3 years of operating financials under this vision?” — historical data

The only reason why I am sharing this is because it’s like a classic case of men who will sell women a vision without an active plan to fulfill the vision. But guess what — there are a ton of men who do this and always a woman (who knows better) eating up those words without hesitation. It’s like successfully selling ice to an Eskimo. :nono:

Unless you are emotionally okay with sleeping with someone with no strings attached....whenever you meet a guy sex shouldn’t even be of discussion for the first couple/few months. Acknowledgement of physical chemistry? Sure. But actual sex? Hail no.

Men will always try to pull game first and if you let them, well you’ve removed any and all possibilities of a genuine solid committed relationship. They won’t say anything, won’t stop you, and will let you give 100% then when they are done—-one to the next one still in search of the woman who will hold their feet to the fire and respect her.

So....
Who establishes the vision? The man (business owner)
Who sets the pace? The woman (prospective partner and auditor)
Who monitors and audits quality (mission + vision + actions are all aligned)? The woman (audit and adjust, rinse and repeat)

Stay in your lane and keep him in his. Am I making sense?

Last edited:
10119R_VINTAGE%20ROSE_SD_2000x2512.jpg

Saw this down in Fashion debating on ordering this color or the one in red for his bday trip.

@ClassyJSP

What does the red one look like? *I* tend to think men respond more to red than soft pink.

I also think more skin should be shown. Like when you wear something that completely takes him by surprise because he would have never thought you were “that kind of girl”.... Red is a color that mentally humps men along with other types of lingerie.

I was gonna go to NYC with some friends for my birthday in March. But I decided to uninvite my friends :look: and go by myself instead lol.

FH bought my ticket to the play I want to see while I'm there: Spongebob Squarepants, the Broadway musical!! Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh who lives in a pineapple under the sea?! :lol: soooo excited!

I was gonna go to NYC with some friends for my birthday in March. But I decided to uninvite my friends :look: and go by myself instead lol.

FH bought my ticket to the play I want to see while I'm there: Spongebob Squarepants, the Broadway musical!! Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh who lives in a pineapple under the sea?! :lol: soooo excited!

Anything Broadway is awesome! You’ll have a ton of fun and lots of songs to sing.

Yes! I went by myself last year and saw Matilda, the musical. It exceeded my expectations! It was sooo good! And I think that was actually off Broadway.

Matilda is a favorite of mine but haven’t see the broadway. The last one we saw was The Great Comet which was soooo good and a ton of fun. I swear broadway plays are universally just good—era, storyline or novel doesn’t really matter. The theatrics and atmosphere is where the enjoyment is.

Matilda is a favorite of mine but haven’t see the broadway. The last one we saw was The Great Comet which was soooo good and a ton of fun. I swear broadway plays are universally just good—era, storyline or novel doesn’t really matter. The theatrics and atmosphere is where the enjoyment is.

:yep: definitely. I'll have to look up The Great Comet!

There's a Spongebob musical? That sounds fantastic :lol:. You must report back.

Broadway also has a different standard for acting and definitely singing. I think the audience is also far more discriminating (than movie goers and regular music consumers). The tix are costly for a reason.

@SurferBabe
Yes, you have to put you first. Stay focused. No offense to the current guy, but you will likely meet someone in your new city with whom you will have an even better connection and with whom you can have a more normal relationship, and a much better shot at having a serious relationship. It is very difficult to really get to know someone when you don’t live in the same city. Seeing each other so seldom kind of creates a false chemistry because you are apart so much so the “newness” and excitement lasts longer. Keep moving forward toward your dreams and goals. Have courage and faith in yourself and the universe.

ETA: I wouldn’t even consider staying in a city I didn’t like if I were a single woman. And of course you feel like you don’t have a boyfriend during the week. You deserve a normal, healthy, non-long distance relationship.

Thanks so much for this insight! It is right on time. I thought a lot about it and decided to talk to him about my future plans. He wants me to consider moving to his city. It is already on my top 5 list of relocation spots so I'll just see how things unfold. If I moved that way it wouldn't be for him and I'd maintain my own life. I'm okay either way but I really feel like he could be the one.

I love New York. Never been solo but sounds great.

Thanks so much for this insight! It is right on time. I thought a lot about it and decided to talk to him about my future plans. He wants me to consider moving to his city. It is already on my top 5 list of relocation spots so I'll just see how things unfold. If I moved that way it wouldn't be for him and I'd maintain my own life. I'm okay either way but I really feel like he could be the one.

Very exciting! Good luck. Maintaining your own life will be critical if you move to his city. I know someone who did something similar. She’s a friend of a friend. She moved to the guy’s city but made sure to create her own life, date each other like normal people, and really get to know the guy. So far things are going well. I think it’s been about a year and things are moving along nicely. They are older so no rush to get married and they both already have children.

Odd random question; are Nigerian men known players? Are they territory that should not be breached? Lol, I’m seriously asking... id love to know what the general consensus is on these men.

@ClassyJSP

What does the red one look like? *I* tend to think men respond more to red than soft pink.

I also think more skin should be shown. Like when you wear something that completely takes him by surprise because he would have never thought you were “that kind of girl”.... Red is a color that mentally humps men along with other types of lingerie.
10119r_red_pop_fr1_2000x2512_1.jpg

I wish I knew how to make the images smaller on here. This is the red one i'm off to find a red one that shows a bit more skin.

If a person has children, and when asked or when discussed they say all their children are "normal/healthy" but then when you meet the child/children they look special needs (physically and mentally). Is this a red flag?

No, not really most children grow into their looks and personalities. Also why would this be a red flag? Are you planning on having children with this person?

If a person has children, and when asked or when discussed they say all their children are "normal/healthy" but then when you meet the child/children they look special needs (physically and mentally). Is this a red flag?

Yes. But then again, I would just bounce and give no cares. I’m not for dating a man with more than one kid. Especially if they are toddlers — double red flag

10119r_red_pop_fr1_2000x2512_1.jpg

I wish I knew how to make the images smaller on here. This is the red one i'm off to find a red one that shows a bit more skin.

BINGO!!!! Yep this one is b-day worthy. Don’t forget the heels, red lipsick and long earrings....gives it a naughty but classic look.

Back