2018 Relationship And Dating Thread

@BlackRinse

If you want to get out and do little things to overcome your social fears, do it for yourself and at your pace. Don’t do it solely to keep him. If he can’t be patient and meet you where you are at and walk with you through this transformation, then let him go.

Keep focus on YOU and not him or the relationship. If he wants to keep you, he will adjust and be your partner every step of the way. Period. If you make this about him and rush your growth, you will resent him later.

That’s the only advise I would give and I’d follow this advise myself.

Betabeau is taking me on a v-day weekend trip. However, not to be a bych but although I told him not to make the trip tonight (only to drive 5 hours back home VA to SC), I feel like I should’ve said yes make the trip. Totally selfish but that’s what I want. My “no no don’t come” was being considerate but how I really feel: being considerate is lame and boring.

Flowers are nice but panyus on Vday is super. We did have a good FaceTime morning, but I’m like “kitty still hungry” :lol:

Boooo to long distance relationships.

@BlackRinse

If you want to get out and do little things to overcome your social fears, do it for yourself and at your pace. Don’t do it solely to keep him. If he can’t be patient and meet you where you are at and walk with you through this transformation, then let him go.

Keep focus on YOU and not him or the relationship. If he wants to keep you, he will adjust and be your partner every step of the way. Period. If you make this about him and rush your growth, you will resent him later.

That’s the only advise I would give and I’d follow this advise myself.

Yeah i am definitely not doing it for him. If anything after our long conversation I realized this man keeps things bottled up unless I prompt a deeper conversation. I do want to be more outgoing and "live my best life". I think the conversation was helpful, I just needed him to say what I already knew.

Yeah i am definitely not doing it for him. If anything after our long conversation I realized this man keeps things bottled up unless I prompt a deeper conversation. I do want to be more outgoing and "live my best life". I think the conversation was helpful, I just needed him to say what I already knew.

Is he a Virgo or Cancer?

Betabeau is taking me on a v-day weekend trip. However, not to be a bych but although I told him not to make the trip tonight (only to drive 5 hours back home VA to SC), I feel like I should’ve said yes make the trip. Totally selfish but that’s what I want. My “no no don’t come” was being considerate but how I really feel: being considerate is lame and boring.

Flowers are nice but panyus on Vday is super. We did have a good FaceTime morning, but I’m like “kitty still hungry” :lol:

He was sweet enough to call the place where I picked up dinner and paid for it. The owner threw in a bottle of wine for my pain because I was pouting like crazy :lol:

So last year we took a cooking class at sur la table table for v-day. It was hot and steamy.

This year: Virtual dinner. Flowers. No sausage. FaceTime. And my call from my BFF making yet another drive by on the brit dude who dumped her. I’m on speaker phone as she’s creeping by his house.

Just got off FT with betabeau, still feeling pouty but in love all over again.

Smh

I'm right there with you. We'll be celebrating V-day this weekend which I'm excited about, but I was just a little bummed that we couldn't be together on the actual day. I'll be over it once the weekend hits.

He wrote me a poem for Valentine's Day :love: He actually typed this one (he usually writes me lil love notes) and printed it on cute stationary :lol: and we went out to eat last night. And we had a premarital counseling session yesterday, too lol. We're seeing Black Panther this Saturday. At my 2nd fav theater (Arclight) cuz it was sold out at my 1st fav theater when he bought the tickets (which was like the last week of Jan or something sheesh).

My dad gave me flowers :D

My bathroom is done. And he got the closet doors looked at (my request) but the guy has to come back with different supplies. I bought his expensive ass ring o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O lol and I'm about to order the house cleaning next week.

I should start packing soon...

We had a lovely, although busy Valentine's Day(s) which we'll finish off with seeing Black Panther tonight at midnight. :infatuated:

I know the LHCF rule is not get the man anything, but I felt bad about not getting him anything so I paid for the drink he had while we waited for our table at dinner. :lol:

We had a lovely, although busy Valentine's Day(s) which we'll finish off with seeing Black Panther tonight at midnight. :infatuated:

I know the LHCF rule is not get the man anything, but I felt bad about not getting him anything so I paid for the drink he had while we waited for our table at dinner. :lol:

I made my guy his favorite and only thing I cook for him...jalapeno poppers :lol: (I did make him buy all the ingredients tho :look: )

Thinking about making SO drive me to the salon later today for my flat iron/trim. Then maybe dinner again since we haven't ate all day. Either way i'm looking forward to a quiet weekend.

I bought my wedding dress today!! I’m so in love, I can’t stop looking at the pictures. FH is going to be mad happy because my butt is poppin’ in it, lol. This is my biggest wedding purchase to date and my first over budget purchase as well, but FH’s mom said she would contribute some $$$ so I could have what I really wanted.

I bought my wedding dress today!! I’m so in love, I can’t stop looking at the pictures. FH is going to be mad happy because my butt is poppin’ in it, lol. This is my biggest wedding purchase to date and my first over budget purchase as well, but FH’s mom said she would contribute some $$$ so I could have what I really wanted.

Ahhhh!! I'm so excited for you! :lol:

It’s me. When I start looking at other men, it’s wrap.

It’s going great but I just want to date someone else. Who that someone is I don’t know, but I want the newness and not normalcy that occurs after being with someone for a while. Like I want the representative. Weird I know.

That’s not weird. That was me the first 31 years of life. :drunk:

That’s not weird. That was me the first 31 years of life. :drunk:

I got married young and divorced when I didn’t want to be in that role anymore—when I hit my mid 30’s and found me.

Now it’s like I know what marriage life is about and prefer not to go near it. I want to be married again but 80% of the norms within a marriage that people naturally fall into, I don’t want; at all.

When a man feels like all the gears are turning smoothly and he sees you as wife...that normalcy kicks in and the hunger slowly slips into the background. I know he loves me, he goes above and beyond in some areas, the sex and chemistry is THE BEST, but.....

His damn truck and the parts, pool, and a few other things didn’t seem as important to him in the beginning phase of our relationship than it does now. Before he was okay with not cooking everyday, now ask him—-he wants meals during the week. :nono: so I foresee when we live together, I’d be cooking them and eating leftovers for lunch right along with him. Nooooo.

I couldn't sleep so I was up watching Cheaters reruns. This girl was 20 and pregnant with the cheater's baby. She told the show "I think something must be going on because he doesn't make me ramen noodles anymore like how he used to." Is that really all it takes for some people? Some noodles?

And then at the confrontation the other woman burned his clothes and the girlfriend went into labor. Her water broke and they asked the other woman for a chair for a girl. She said "Nah, that b can sit on the ground somewhere." :nono:

Last edited:
I couldn't sleep so I was up watching Cheaters reruns. This girl was 20 and pregnant with the cheater's baby. She told the show "I think something must be going on because he doesn't make me ramen noodles anymore like how he used to." Is that really all it takes for some people? Some noodles?

And then at the confrontation the other woman burned his clothes and the girlfriend went into labor. Her water broke and they asked the other woman for a chair for a girl. She said "Nah, that b can sit on the ground somewhere." :nono:

Lol @ ramen noodles.
I had no idea this show still comes on.
An ex gave me an uncut version of the show on DVD years ago and it was one of the funniest things I had ever seen.

Last edited:
SO wants to go visit his parents today which i'm ok with but I told him i'm bring my homework so I can get my hours in. He claims I always sit in the corner and do homework when we go visit them. In all honesty it may actual be true but I have assignments to turn in and a degree to finish so.....

Plus all they do is sit there, talk and watch movies.

So a guy that I met maybe like a month and a half ago is starting to be a lot more consistent. I had written him off and when he popped back up I explained to him that I need consistency. So he's been doing a lot better and we have a fun together when we hang out.

Met another guy at my friend's game night last weekend. We'll see where that goes.

I got a type 4a sew-in (similar to my hair type) recently. Yesterday, FH goes 'how do you have gray hair in the front?' (I have leave out in the front and have some gray hairs there) I tell him that part is my real hair. He's so confused :lol:

Which is really weird because I twist my leave out at night....and have it twisted all day around him.....and my tracks clearly show, soooo :lol:

Back