Would be upset if a guy took you to Red Lobster or Fridays for a date?

locabouthair

You and a guy are dating. Whether it's the first date or the 5th, would you be upset if he didnt take you to an upscale restaurant but took you to Red Lobster or Fridays instead?

Is that a dealbreaker?

No not a deal breaker but I would hope that he would be a little bit more... creative, for lack of better word, with his restaurant choices. It doesn't have to be more expensive just not a chain restaurant.

Well, how old are we and what's his annual income? Cause cheddar biscuits is alright wit me!!!!

Well, we don't have a Red Lobster or a TGI Friday's in Baton Rouge so I personally wouldn't mind. I love trying new restaurants. :yep:

Wow, maybe my standards are low. But I will take RedLobster or TGIF any day. But thats just me. Now if you have said, the dollare menu at McDonalds and he wouldn't let you supersize, then thats a different story.

garlic.jpg

lol i was about to say the same thing...man them biscuits alone....red lobster is the spot

Shoot I just went to Red Lobster on monday with my mom. I love some red lobster.

Wow, maybe my standards are low. But I will take RedLobster or TGIF any day. But thats just me. Now if you have said, the dollare menu at McDonalds and he wouldn't let you supersize, then thats a different story.

I thought my standards were low too. If it was mcdonals then most definitely that would be the last date.

I was talking to a friend and she said guys need to stop taking her to red lobster and fridays. So I was just wondering how the ladies on the board felt about that.

I honestly wouldnt mind. I'd be tearing up some shrimp:lol:

Well, how old are we and what's his annual income? Cause cheddar biscuits is alright wit me!!!!

Its not me. But lets say it's a guy in his mid to late 20's. You're in your 20's too.

A friend of mine said she didnt like when a guy takes her to chain resturants.

what if we werent in a recession? would you still be cool with it?

Yea. I just dont mind the food plus Im not the type impressed by fancy smancy restaurants anyway, I'd just end up talking about how ridiculous the prices are.

See Dave & Busters is cute cos the food is decent and you can play games right after!

Maybe Im weird :ohwell:

I don't like Red Lobster. No not even them overrated a$$ biscuits :lol: But I like Friday's. If it's a casual date and we're just meeting up after work or catching a quick bite after a movie fine. But don't tell me you're taking me to 'dinner' and act like you're doing something, make that be the whole evening and have me waste a good date outfit and makeup to end up at Friday's.

A friend of mine said she didnt like when a guy takes her to chain resturants.

I understand this but then the woman should suggest something. Not all guys are knowledgable about such things.
My ex HATED chain restaurants, I had to drag him. He preferred Thai, Ethiopian, etc which was cool cos it opened my mind to different type of dishes I usually dont pay attention to.
Not everyone is like this though so people should stop relying on the other for what they want.

Yea. I just dont mind the food plus Im not the type impressed by fancy smancy restaurants anyway, I'd just end up talking about how ridiculous the prices are.

See Dave & Busters is cute cos the food is decent and you can play games right after!

Maybe Im weird :ohwell:

Their food isnt good at all to me. I went there for a first date before. We ate and then we played games, which was cool but I just didnt like the food at all. If the food was good, it would have been ok.

I love their biscuits, but other than that I despise Red Lobster, so I'd be annoyed. It wouldn't ruin our time together, but I'd be in charge of choosing the place for the next date.

TGIF is okay. I would feel like these were very casual dates and wonder if everything is okay with his finances or maybe he's still feeling me out.

I'm used to guys making a bigger effort the first few dates, but when I'm dating someone long term we'll go to cheaper places here and there since it's more about quality time, not an expensive restaurant on every outing.

I understand this but then the woman should suggest something. Not all guys are knowledgable about such things.
My ex HATED chain restaurants, I had to drag him. He preferred Thai, Ethiopian, etc which was cool cos it opened my mind to different type of dishes I usually dont pay attention to.
Not everyone is like this though so people should stop relying on the other for what they want.

I can understand that.

If a guy didnt want to go other places because of the price, it shouldn't be a big deal because there are thai, ethiopian, etc that have the same prices as reb lobster or fridays.

I can understand that.

If a guy didnt want to go other places because of the price, it shouldn't be a big deal because there are thai, ethiopian, etc that have the same prices as reb lobster or fridays.

Exactly, the prices of these places are sometime even cheaper than chain, but like I said not all guys are into such, if she would suggest and he still has a problem then that would be odd

We didn't have alot of chain resturants like that when I was dating (here is this town) so that wasn't an option.

Yes. If we pulled up there I would say to him.. You've got to be kidding me.
Not because its (whatever people think it is..) i just can't stand that place. I've been there before and I felt like throwing up after leaving. Those damn biscuits would be so good if they weren't so salty!!!
There are tons of other places downtown that may even be cheaper that have decent seafood. barf.

I think i'd rather have mcdonalds. I haven't had a big mac is soooo long!!!

No I wouldn't care just as long as he wasn't presenting Red Lobster as a "fancy seafood restaurant."

I wouldn't care because I am a simple woman. Upscale don't mean a thang. It's all about how he treats you on the date. Shucks Micky D's would be fine with me.

Back