What would you do?

Lol. He had no remorse because that was his plan. He don't like her and even if he did, he's not equipped to.

I would pay for my meal alone and dip out.....even if he drove me....I'd make my way back to my car via taxi or something.

For the place to be closed.....it either had to be a Monday, late Sunday or extremely late any other day. Lol. I'm wondering if it's the latter and he was on some booty call stuff.

So your friend was taken on a non-date...TO CAPTAIN D's...by a neegrum with an empty stomach and wallet?!?!?! AND...she still texting that fool? Anything she goes through with him from here on out is 100% her fault.
Friend of a friend sis lol lets please make that clear. Though I guess my friend has similar trifling dating stories. I had to tell her her dating life was embarrassing me and she should be totally single for a while. :look: she took it under advisement lol

But did she pay for the McD's though?
the captain ds. yes how else would they have eaten :lachen: and they actually carried out at cap. ds so after paying for his meal she sat and ate with him!

Oh no, this boy is a opportunist. He has ran this same game on many desperate women and I can guarantee that he never pays for dates. He had no intentions on paying for that date at all. He showed no remorse either.....I would never talk to him again. Block his number!

I would have had that waitress separate the check, and I would have paid for my portion and walked out of the door. Why did she pay for both meals?????????? I mean she doesn't even know him that well. There is no future in a man that cannot afford to pay for a first date.

And I would never do a Dutch date either...If you are courting me then you will pay.

Honestly I would have just been like get me home after the restaurant was closed because CLEARLY you werent pressed to take me out if you didnt bother to check the availability of the restaurant.

Did your friend drive to the restaurant or did she ride with him? I don't get in cars with strangers on first dates because its a chance that dude is crazy lol...........

Plus Its important to drive so that you can take a bathroom break and creep out of the door if needed! I would have left...I would have caught a cab if needed.
I'm 90% sure my friends friend drove herself. I dont see why she wouldnt.

How old are these people?

I agree it wasn't a date and he's not into her. A man who's interested in you don't wait months to take you out and plans accordingly ie making sure restaurant is open, he has money etc.

I mean he said it wasn't a date lol so thats settled and 23-24. So still pretty young but still, come on.

That he didn't feel bad means he knew exactly what he was doing. And why was she the one initiating the text in the first place? And why did she continue talking to him after he showed her his aint ishness? So many questions and all of them make her look dumb for even entertaining this trashboat
I agree, but there are many similar trifling dude stories. I don't get it #distewmuch

This is why I only try to dating dudes with money :nono: smmfh

I'd sit there and wait for him to pull out another card if he couldn't produce one I'd pay for my meal and :driver: :vette: :auto:

Speaking of which Steve Harvy is shady as hell. Red Lobster was sponsoring a segment of his show with the Lobster fest and he sent a couple there for a date. He couldn't hold it together and was falling off the couch. They were looking at him like wtf? I'm having lobster fest cravings. I really want that 2 Lobster tail meal :lick: and the Lobster, shrimp, crab ultimate feast is looking really good too.

It isn't Truluck's but lobster is lobster.

Now I want some of the biscuits.

LOL why was he laughing because he knows he would never set foot in red lobster? Oh I also forgot when the 15$ transaction wouldn't go through, he said well try just putting 14$ on the card. :lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen: Like I can understand the struggle but thats why you stay your behind HOME.

Lol. He had no remorse because that was his plan. He don't like her and even if he did, he's not equipped to.

I would pay for my meal alone and dip out.....even if he drove me....I'd make my way back to my car via taxi or something.

For the place to be closed.....it either had to be a Monday, late Sunday or extremely late any other day. Lol. I'm wondering if it's the latter and he was on some booty call stuff.
It was monday! I was thinking many places are usually closed on monday but I thought I made that up.

Also, dude lied about running track(though she didnt know until the day after the 'date'). Dude is very interesting.
oh and to the poster who asked I think there may be about an hours drive between them plus one of them is still in school. so the time between being set up and having a first date could be due to that.

is red lobster any good? i know it's no 5 star and everyone here is too UE for it but ive always been curious to try it.

*lights up a newport one hunnit*

Lemme get dis hea straight. They've been talkin since late last year and are just going out now? That was a sign right there. But Im mad his card was declined for $15.00!!!!

Lemme find out she picked him up and WHY did she text him to tell him not to feel bad?!?!? She is delusional,cuz i woulda left his broke a** right there with no words and his fish. Wait, they ate at Mickey D's?

Lemme go way from hea.....

is red lobster any good? i know it's no 5 star and everyone here is too UE for it but ive always been curious to try it.

Meh :ohwell: they do overcook their seafood and it can be greasy (you be better off at your local fish joint) BUT the cheddar biscuits and drinks are bomb!

ive been to red lobster once.

i dont even think i had seafood :lol:

my baby neice is a picky eater and loves shrimp, randomly. so i took my sister and the bb.

i think i had pasta.

the cheddar bay biscuits were endless but they made sure you knew they were stingy with them :lol:

i dont know if i would go there again unless by very weird circumstance.

I have never had lobster for red lobster. I've been for happy hour, and I usually have shrimp the few times I had dinner that scampi :lick:. I just love the biscuits and the Bahama mama.

I'm not ue just hongree. I almost want to make that 25min drive

you know what else is terrible is ruby tuesdays

tiny portions, high bills

they are like a step and a half above applebees yet twice as expensive, with half as big portions

bleccch

im glad i dont really go to chains anymore :lol:

No I went twice, but maybe it was off days. but the lil drank I had was watery like I would b there have even been mad if it was juice down but it tasted like water. My entrée was forgettable But that lobster spinach dip!? Amazing. Oh and the biscuits were OK not like everyone hypes them to be. I don't think red lobster is LE lmbo but for the hype and price point I expected a bit more but maybe I'm just cheap lol

Last edited:
I used to love Ruby Tuesdays and Red Lobsters in college. Lol. Haven't been to either in over a decade, but drinks were good and before Ruby's upgraded their menu and raised their prices they used to have decent servings.

Red Lobsters biscuits were great to help you sober up from those huge drunks we used to get. Like nearly 32 Oz of mixed drinks 2/3 alcohol. Lol.

*shouts out to those bartenders in Cville and Fredericksburg* lol

Not me. I want her dumb butt to keep going out with him so that I can hear more entertaining stories. :look:

Lmbooo that's not nice but trust there are no shortage of stores stories from people I know I just try not to post them online because I know how I'd feel if I saw my business all on the Internet. But this was really tew much, plus :look: this chick was really nasty to me for no reason other than She thought I was quiet and prissy. :huh: So I don't give too much notice to what the child thinks if she sees her embarrassment on the web. :ohwell:

I hope she has some friends that love her and tell her to do better. I don't know her and I want her to do better. :nono:

you know what else is terrible is ruby tuesdays

tiny portions, high bills

they are like a step and a half above applebees yet twice as expensive, with half as big portions

bleccch

im glad i dont really go to chains anymore :lol:

Is applebees the ones who had like a huge swiss and bacon turkey burger ? Or was it a chicken sandwich idk but I know it had swiss cheese and bacon and I loved it.
Oh wait no it was fridays I used it looooove going there the only way I would hang sometimes is if I was told we were going to fridays.
It be like hey were getting together for xyz you coming? Nah I gotta work/study/do my hair, but where yall going? Fridays. Oh bet I'll be dress in 10 minutes. :lachen: it was so good.

I hope she has some friends that love her and tell her to do better. I don't know her and I want her to do better. :nono:

:look: from the stories I have heard from my friend and the things I have witnessed when I hang around them(I know my friend from undergrad my friend knows the girl from the op from childhood they're from like a distant suburb of Atlanta and we went to school in Atlanta so they got together fairly often) They have extremely dramatic dating lives to put it nicely.

Maybe I'm in denial. Is this what's dropping drawls nowadays? Is this how the text convo went OP...

FRIEND OF A FRIEND: Hey bae...gosh...last week was crazy right? I mean who'd a thought that Red Lobster closed so early, annnnnnnnnd I just wanted to let you know that just in case you felt some type of way about not being able to pay for our date please don't feel bad.

NEEGRUM: I don't...

FRIEND OF A FRIEND: You don't what?

NEEGRUM: Feel bad about not paying for dinner. Ohhhhh snap! Did you think we was on a date??

FRIEND OF A FRIEND: I mean...I...but you said...

NEEGRUM: (crickets)

Last edited:
Maybe I'm in denial...is this how the text convo went OP...

FRIEND OF A FRIEND: Hey bae...gosh...last week was crazy right? I mean who'd a thought that Red Lobster closed so early, annnnnnnnnd I just wanted to let you know that just in case you felt some type of way about not being able to pay for our date please don't feel bad.

NEEGRUM: Feel bad about not paying for dinner. Ohhhhh snap! Did you think we was on a date??

Lol sort of. I would post the screen shots but there's too much I'd have to black out lol but basically
monday: the date. the red lobster type restaurant is closed on Mondays (or maybe it was closed for the holiday). So they went to capt d (the McDonald's of seafood) he couldn't afford the 15 dollar bill, asked the cashier to put 14 dollars on the card, she just paid the bill. They eat in I would assume resentful silence lol
Tuesday morning ish:
Friend of friend: last night was crazy don't feel bad
Dude: oh I don't
FOF: You should it was irresponsible what if I didn't pay (plus various insults lol)
D: there was a lot going on in my mind, I was actually surprised when we ordered on one ticket. I thought we'd pay for ourselves.
FOF: Why would you think I'd be paying for myself
D:even though we planned it and called it a date I didn't think it was an official date. I'm sorry.

Maybe I'm in denial. Is this what's dropping drawls nowadays? Is this how the text convo went OP...

You are killing me with "neegrum". :lachen:

I would've paid for the food, kept whatever he ordered for myself, and left that restaurant without his arse. She played herself, especially when she decided it was a good idea to text him afterwards.

I've only been a few times, but each time it was fine. Last time I went during their endless shrimp special, and they had sriracha shrimp that was really good.

The responses in this thread are hilarious

I love the bay biscuits. And red lobster is fine to me. It's not upscale but I don't need to eat upscale every week. In fact I prefer to unwind unless on a date.

Lol sort of. I would post the screen shots but there's too much I'd have to black out lol but basically
monday: the date. the red lobster type restaurant is closed on Mondays (or maybe it was closed for the holiday). So they went to capt d (the McDonald's of seafood) he couldn't afford the 15 dollar bill, asked the cashier to put 14 dollars on the card, she just paid the bill. They eat in I would assume resentful silence lol
Tuesday morning ish:
Friend of friend: last night was crazy don't feel bad
Dude: oh I don't
FOF: You should it was irresponsible what if I didn't pay (plus various insults lol)
D: there was a lot going on in my mind, I was actually surprised when we ordered on one ticket. I thought we'd pay for ourselves.
FOF: Why would you think I'd be paying for myself
D:even though we planned it and called it a date I didn't think it was an official date. I'm sorry.

I didn't even know Captain D's still existed first of all. Second of all, it is waaaaay too late for the bolded. Homegirl already played herself.:lachen::lachen:

Back