He took me to McDonald's!!

Any woman who is cool with "working her way up" to nice restaraunts is damned fool. I wish a man would tell me I need to climb the ladder....

Seriously. The mess that some women will put up with. :nono: I've never been to a fast food restaurant on a first date, even during college and high school. :nono: A woman needs to know what she is worth!

So let me get this straight.....

This man doesn't know you and he should spend his paycheck taking you out?

No one wants to earn anything any more? Granted McDonalds is crazy yes, but everyone wants to be treated like Kings and Queens upfront?

I guess I'm trying to understand why should I treat you like a Queen upfront....what do you have to look forward to if marriage comes about?

Maybe thats why people feel that people change when they get married because that person has given you their best BEFORE the marriage.....IDK!!!

Ummmm NO I don't feel that I had to EARN anything. :nono: YES I expected to be treated like a queen from the jump! From date number one. And I was! Once I got married I expected that type of treatment to continue! And it did!

Really, girl? Really? You mean I have to work my way up to some cheddar baked biscuits? :sad:
GIFSoup
Yes, you have to treat me a certain way from the jump. I'm not about to waste weeks, months, and years trying to "earn" decent treatment. Women do that mess all the time and have nothing to show for it but footprints on her forehead, miles on her cooch, and an invite to his wedding...to the chick he's only known for 3 months. I weep for women today :nono:

AMEN!!! Your last sentence is the TRUTH. Some of the stuff we put up with is sad.

If I were 10 yes. But "No" because .... I am a 10.

I'd rather he cancel the date, or cook me a meal than offer up the golden arches, especially if he eva' hopes to get into my "golden arches".

But seriously, if a guy is trying to impress you, this is not the way to go about it. ALSO, regarding the OhNo-Cinco situation; I don't know how old he is but at my age insulting me on twitter (is childish); then trying to appoligize by taking me to a low budget fast food resturaunt because "I" must work my way up to a better fare...is again childish; I fear for her self-esteem in that relationship.

I'd rather have a broke man that can't afford better, but treats me well; than to have a Rich BOY, that treats me like "that". She needs to see "Diary of a Mad Black Woman" or "I Can Do Bad All By Myself". Or as my boy Katt put it get her some "Self"Esteem, and put her foot down. I hope she didn't put out after his "appology"

There are just a million other things you could do than go to McDonald's on a date. If a guy tried to do that to me I would think he was being deliberately offensive.

It makes sense if the choice is made with creativity, taste, personality, effort and maybe even humor / savvy improvisation. Without all of this, not even a 3 star Michelin restaurant makes a real sense, or at least this is what I have always thought.

If I were 10 yes. But "No" because .... I am a 10.

I'd rather he cancel the date, or cook me a meal than offer up the golden arches, especially if he eva' hopes to get into my "golden arches".

But seriously, if a guy is trying to impress you, this is not the way to go about it. ALSO, regarding the OhNo-Cinco situation; I don't know how old he is but at my age insulting me on twitter (is childish); then trying to appoligize by taking me to a low budget fast food resturaunt because "I" must work my way up to a better fare...is again childish; I fear for her self-esteem in that relationship.

I'd rather have a broke man that can't afford better, but treats me well; than to have a Rich BOY, that treats me like "that". She needs to see "Diary of a Mad Black Woman" or "I Can Do Bad All By Myself". Or as my boy Katt put it get her some "Self"Esteem, and put her foot down. I hope she didn't put out after his "appology"
nicely written post . ia

Ummm, I feel the same way about that as I feel about church for a first date--heck no. I only go to McDonalds for my friends who are too broke to eat better unless we are going for the fraps, but even then, we better not eat inside! If it was a lunch date, I'd be OK with Chick-fil-A or Five Guys or something. But for a dinner date, it better be a sit down restaurant that is not Cracker Barrel.

Why even go to a restaurant at all? A picnic of wine and cheese etc would cost about the same and would have better ambience.
If a man wanted to take me to McDonald's as a first date, I'd be insulted. It's either he's cheap or if he thinks like Ochocinco, arrogant as hell.

My thoughts EXACTLY! I'm okay with a cheap date...AS LONG AS HE'S WILLING TO PUT SOME THOUGHT BEHIND IT! McDonald's is very IMPERSONAL for one, and I won't even get started on the 2, 3, and 4. I feel like fast food = a fast date like someone else said above so I might as well be speed dating if that's the case.

Other cheap options that are acceptable...would be a picnic or going to a museum or going to a cafe or going to the park.

Men complain about the cost of dating, but in actuality if they put more thought into the date and the woman who they're taking, then it would add up to success instead of a hefty tab for them to take care of! Just saying! :)

Alot of ish Chad says are lies, you know he says that crap for drama. Eve has a drama queen on her hands unfortunately. It's all funny now but it'll get tiring

I'm on the fence with this. Only because Mcdo used to actually be more of a family restaurant. It didn't have as many hormones, salts, sugars, etc. in their food. It was actually a treat when you went because most of the time you ate at home. So, as far as that goes, there wouldn't be much there I would eat. Also, I'm a little bit of a diva and would assume he's a cheap bastard who couldn't "own up to my standards" which I would then try and offer to pay for both our meals at a more, food friendly environment. :lachen:

However, if I really liked the guy, and he made ordering from the drive through the best thing since pancakes and took me to a drive in movie, or a park with a gorgeous view of the city...why not? It would be romantic. Take a McDonald's cup, stick a rose in it, cut up those double cheese burgers (with Big Mac sauce) in squares with a side of fries, role down a blanket and nibble on green apples and caramel sauce that they offer. BAM! Romantic date, on a budget. You guys do know that all the fine brothers frequent McDonald's right? Haven't you seen all of those commercials on BET? I'M LOVIN' IT! :lol:

This is one of the reasons why I like to drive myself to wherever our date is going to be held, or at least follow the guy in his car. It might seem like a waste of gas to some, but if something ever goes down then I can at least get in my car and drive back home.

Saved my keystrokes :lachen: If it was still in the dating world, this is exactly what I would do.

Oh I'd love to go to McDonalds for my first date! I'll tell him to take me to the drive through, order my usual and then he can take me home so I can put him on blast on facebook. I might even start a whole group; cheap-@ss men -- Beware!, and post his face so every one knows. Even better, we can go inside so I can use the wi-fi to make the page while we eat and he can watch me fiddle with my phone and ignore him the whole time!

Then finally, he can lose my number while I get the best story to tell people. Including all of his friends. Hee...

:lachen::lachen::lachen:
I slobbed laughing.

Back