• I DON'T FEEL I HAVE TO as long as my PARTNER & I gets checked

Votes: 13 7.1%
  • I DON'T USE THEM if I feel I can trust my partner

Votes: 27 14.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

YES YES LADIES!!!! please answer

SCENARIO: YOU ARE DATING!!! (i know some aren't.... this is about YOUR ENTIRE LIFE PRACTICES...not just right now) YOU ARE ON BIRTH CONTROL PILLS, SHOTS, or other MEASURES so YOU ARE NOT concerned about pregnancy:rolleyes:....
WHEN "DO YOU" let go of the condoms, FOAMS, etc???
please NO hypothetical answers, or answers about what others should, would, could do:lachen::lachen:.... THIS POLL/question is about your practices & beliefs ONLY
WHEN DO YOU NOT USE....

Last edited:
shoot you really cant trust anyone. Sorry but working the the ER has made me jaded.

s/n I am not currently in a relationship

..when you feel you're consciously ready to accept the possibility of pregnancy and STDs...

I know thats a non-answer, but it shouldn't be about timelines or symbolic gestures. Some married couples who aren't interested in childbearing might continue to use protection while some non-married couples who have come to a commitment about the possibility of having children out of wedlock might stop.

It's up to the couple. But if you stop using protection, you've just (un)consciously agreed to the possibility of kids and/or stds.

u stop after u have been in the relationship long enough to kno yall serious, that ur exclusive to eachother and most importantly after u go to the clinic for the RESULTS of both yall full std and blood related tests!

I'm sorry but it depends on what you are asking this for.

If you are talking about protection against pregnancy, then I would stop with the condoms after we get married. Hubby and I don't use condoms and haven't for a while now. I just started using birth control but we did the withdrawal method for a while bfore that.

If you are talking about protection against STD's, then I'm not sure why someone would be in a relationship anyway with a person they think might bring home STD's. Honestly, that's something that falls in the realm of trust for me. I don't think my hubby would every bring that home, because I trust him, so I don't plan on second guessing that for the rest of my life because he might decide to cheat one day. So, IMO, in a trusting committed monogamous relationship I don't think anyone should be using condoms for more than the control of pregnancy, or else it just seems weird to me. But to each their own.

You forgot the one I'd have picked: stop using condoms or other protection when you are actively trying to get pregnant. I'd only be trying to have a baby if I was married. So married & trying to get knocked up, those are my conditions for no condoms & no birth control.:yep:

I want to say when I get married... but just because I have a ring on my finger and signed a sheet a paper really doesn't change much by STDs, but any guy I will marry I have to trust 100% in all cases leading up to that marriage so I said once I'm in a committed monogamous relationship in which both I and my partner go to get tested regularly and have full disclosure about our medical history and of course are in love. But love alone doesn't mean anything (learned that the hard way :look:).... But just casual dating that doesn't lead to long term commitment.... no way am I taking off the wrapper.

I'm talking years into the relationship... when i know it's just him and me then we can talk about it and take the necessary steps like testing BEFORE the wrapper comes off... not after... b/c testing only tells you that you have something, it doesn't prevent you from getting something.

Last edited:
I've never stopped using condoms. I'm scared as heck to have unprotected sex. So I'm definitely not gonna stop using them until I'm married.

Yes, but get checked regularly and ask to see his test report...cause people lie like dogs.

GREAT RESPONSE... i'm glad you mentioned this.... b/c this is what i've been thinking about

SO YOU GET TESTED RIGHT??? (although i know it's rare that people demand partners testing) and wait for proof

BUT IF ONE GET'S TESTED.... WHAT ABOUT THE NIGHT AFTER THE TEST/ BEFORE RESULTS... OR THE NIGHT AFTER THAT WHEN "HE HOOKS" UP WITH HIS EX-GIRLFRIEND

HMMMMMM.... I'VE ALWAYS WONDERED HOW GOOD IS A TEST, BEING ONE IS NOT TESTED EVERY DAY?
:look:

even if i were married i would use protection especially if i was ovulating as i don't want children.....i think couples should regularly get tested.

does it really feel better without condoms or is that a myth?

for me I don't feel a difference... but I get Niagara falls syndrome between my legs so there's really not much friction to be had :look:....

In all honesty the paranoia about catching something is now enough to make it so I would not enjoy unprotected sex any more.

GREAT RESPONSE... i'm glad you mentioned this.... b/c this is what i've been thinking about

SO YOU GET TESTED RIGHT??? (although i know it's rare that people demand partners testing) and wait for proof

BUT IF ONE GET'S TESTED.... WHAT ABOUT THE NIGHT AFTER THE TEST/ BEFORE RESULTS... OR THE NIGHT AFTER THAT WHEN "HE HOOKS" UP WITH HIS EX-GIRLFRIEND

HMMMMMM.... I'VE ALWAYS WONDERED HOW GOOD IS A TEST, BEING ONE IS NOT TESTED EVERY DAY?:look:

All the test does is tell you you've got something after you already have it... so really by that point it's too late. :look:

I mean getting tested is important, but some diseases lie dormant and are untestable for a set amount of time or are untestable until symptoms are shown... or some STIs you can't be tested for!

No raw doggin until I'm Mrs So-So.

And while I hear the folks that say marriage isn't a guarantee against STD's, I think that you can still hedge against some of the risk by walking into a marriage with your eyes wide open.

For example, if you are becoming Mrs. Swizz Beatz then yes ma'am you will want to wear a body condom if dude so much side eyes you. Because you can take an edumacated guess based on dudes track record of OOW kids that he likes to hit random chicks raw whether he's married or not.

And on the flip side, if your husband has been the type of dude to not give you any reason to raise an eyebrow (and ya'll know good and hell well what eyebrow raising behavior is) then odds are you ain't got to worry to much about him bringing something home aside from his paycheck.

People are not unique snowflakes. For the most part, behavior is pretty damn predictable. If dude was a hoe when you met him, guess what he go keep being.

All the test does is tell you you've got something after you already have it... so really by that point it's too late. :look:

I mean getting tested is important, but some diseases lie dormant and are untestable for a set amount of time or are untestable until symptoms are shown... or some STIs you can't be tested for!

which ones????:blush:

Last edited:
SCENARIO: YOU ARE DATING!!! (i know some aren't.... this is about YOUR ENTIRE LIFE PRACTICES...not just right now) YOU ARE ON BIRTH CONTROL PILLS, SHOTS, or other MEASURES so YOU ARE NOT concerned about pregnancy:rolleyes:....
please NO hypothetical answers, or answers about what others should, would, could do:lachen::lachen:.... THIS POLL/question is about your practices & beliefs ONLY
WHEN DO YOU NOT USE....

WHEN DO YOU NOT USE....

The title of your thread is misleading that's why your not getting the answers you want. "When do you stop using condoms" or "When do you stop using protection against STD's" would work better. Most people think of all forms of birth control when only the word protection is used.

:yep:

Last edited:
I'm married. We use condoms, as I don't take birth control pills (don't want the added hormones). As a back-up sometimes, we use spermicide (which I use) instead of condoms.

No raw doggin until I'm Mrs So-So.

And while I hear the folks that say marriage isn't a guarantee against STD's, I think that you can still hedge against some of the risk by walking into a marriage with your eyes wide open.

For example, if you are becoming Mrs. Swizz Beatz then yes ma'am you will want to wear a body condom if dude so much side eyes you. Because you can take an edumacated guess based on dudes track record of OOW kids that he likes to hit random chicks raw whether he's married or not.

And on the flip side, if your husband has been the type of dude to not give you any reason to raise an eyebrow (and ya'll know good and hell well what eyebrow raising behavior is) then odds are you ain't got to worry to much about him bringing something home aside from his paycheck.

People are not unique snowflakes. For the most part, behavior is pretty damn predictable. If dude was a hoe when you met him, guess what he go keep being.

I agree.:yep:

The title of your thread is misleading that's why your not getting the answers you want. "When do you stop using condoms" or "When do you stop using protection against STD's" would work better. Most people think of all forms of birth control when only the word protection is used.

:yep:

NO GIRL I'M LOVING THE RESPONSES!!! THERE IS NO RIGHT OR WRONG ANSWER

AS FOR THE THE SCENARIO<<< that was given so everyone would understand we are assuming BIRTH CONTROL MEASURES ARE COVERED & NOT IN QUESTION

but there are sooooo many forms of STD measures available (I teach about this matter to teens), I did not want to exclude other measures

THANKS SIS!!!

Maybe I will be the only one to admit this...this has happened in the past as a stupid teen and young adult and I work to prevent this occurrence. In the heat of passion/foreplay, I have had instances where the guy just slips it in....Then I'm thinking wait "did he put a condom on"....later when the do is did. I find out he didn't. These have been like serious boyfriends. At that point I figure, ah well...if I got something I got it so might so whats the point now.

When i asked why they did it...I always get the IDK...I know ur were alright since you get your checkups. I usually respond yeah and you got urs, but did you do something after that. They usually swear they haven't. Then we just continue unprotected from there. Stupid yes, and they probably did it on purpose.

Now that I am older, I have initiated unprotected sex once I felt safe with a boyfriend and I know he had his test & was monogamous or we talked about it beforehand.

Eitherway its a gamble for oral and vaginal sex because the Dr's don't test for everything just the more prevalent STD's

Maybe I will be the only one to admit this...this has happened in the past as a stupid teen and young adult and I work to prevent this occurrence. In the heat of passion/foreplay, I have had instances where the guy just slips it in....Then I'm thinking wait "did he put a condom on"....later when the do is did. I find out he didn't. These have been like serious boyfriends. At that point I figure, ah well...if I got something I got it so might so whats the point now.

When i asked why they did it...I always get the IDK...I know ur were alright since you get your checkups. I usually respond yeah and you got urs, but did you do something after that. They usually swear they haven't. Then we just continue unprotected from there. Stupid yes, and they probably did it on purpose.

Now that I am older, I have initiated unprotected sex once I felt safe with a boyfriend and I know he had his test & was monogamous or we talked about it beforehand.

Eitherway its a gamble for oral and vaginal sex because the Dr's don't test for everything just the more prevalent STD's

no, not without request
great discussion sis! thank you and trust, nearly everyone has been than:spinning:

Back