I'm just gonna do it: Who's married to a white man?

What race is your husband?

• White

Votes: 95 12.4%
  • black

Votes: 189 24.7%
  • other

Votes: 24 3.1%
  • I'm not married yet...Nosy *****!

Votes: 456 59.7%

• Total voters
Dlewis, please don't stone me. Jamericangurl, feel free to pull out the "Elmer Fudd hunting" graphic. Firecracker, yes, the poll is about "who managed to club the prized whitey from the caucasus mountains over the head and marry him" Everyone else, I apologize.

So ok:

1. Are you married to a white dude? NO

2. How did you meet? I was sneaker shopping with my brother and I officially met him in the store but earlier, he was the same white boy that had jogged through the pedestrian walk and almost landed on my hood while I was racing for a parking spot... (this is the short version)

3. Are you more attractive than your "average bear"--I mean black woman? Yes

4. Are you financially successful and/or have a prestigious career/education? Yes, I have a great career

5. Is he attractive? (and not just to you) Yes my baby has swagger, sneaker game, can dress, has the nicest bow lips, and amazing hazel eyes. He is always jocked by women of different races

That will do for this week's IR thread.

You didn't ask other factors that might affect an interacial relationship and or how you came to date outside your race...

6. Does his family/friends like you why why not?

7. How do your friends feel about the relationship?

8. Do you get looks when you all are together in public? Yeah but its only cause I'm so fly :lachen:

1. Are you married to a white dude?nope

2. How did you meet?biker event

3. Are you more attractive than your "average bear"--I mean black woman? yes

4. Are you financially successful and/or have a prestigious career/education? I'm a stay at home mom of a 1 yr old and a 4 month old

5. Is he attractive? (and not just to you)he"" yeah...and packin

My man is very family oriented. He works hard. I'm ALWAYS able to get in touch with him we even sit on the phone for hours when he is at work. He is also a gentleman. I know many black successful men that are good men. I guess it all depends on where you live and who you associate yourself with.

Ditto:grin:

Wow! This is a fascinating thread. I don't think the intent of most of the people on this thread was to demean or degrade black men...or black women to exalt white men. And while I understand the circumstances that most black women find themselves in--myself included--there's something to be said about the prevalence of single black women. Statistics claim that a single black woman--regardless of economic or social status--has a greater chance at winning the lottery than finding a suitable black mate. Now, what these numbers mean by "suitable" is both objective and subjective.

The objective aspect of this is that there's no denying the numbers. The ratio of black women to black men is nearly 2:1 in most geographic places. In Atlanta where I'm originally from, for instance, I understand that the ratio is 3:1. In D.C. it's about the same. And there's no denying that the black community is confronted with a host of social and economic problems/conditions that render it less likely that black women (and men, for that matter) get married. The high unemployment rate, for instance, is an example. We cannot refute these facts.

The subjective aspect of this is that we are simply confusing circumstance with preference. If I were to say that I the likelihood of me being with a white man is greater due to my social/economic circumstance, that's different than asserting a preference for white men because they are superior to black men in terms of________ (fill in the blank).

I am assuming that most of us, including myself, would love nothing better than to have a nurturing black man as our life partners. However, I am confronted with a number of confounding circumstances that simply make the probability of that less likely. This is NOT to say that there are no good, decent black men out there. Or, that white men are "better," more committed to their relationships than black men. White men cheat. White men lie. But there are cultural differences between the races than explain why most whites marry and most blacks don't.

I live in Washington, D.C., and there's no question that there are cultural differences/explanations for why blacks tend to marry less than whites. Some of it can be explained by economic conditions, but when you rarely see black families loving and caring for each other in public, spending time with one another in nurturing relationships, it does make one wonder. Please...I'm NOT saying that there are NO black families like this, but when people started questioning the authenticity of Claire and Cliff Huxtable 20 years ago, we have to be honest about the state of the black family in this society.

Speaking of D.C., here's a recent article that was in the Post regarding blacks and their idea of marriage. It made me so depressed and upset, but this is a very real phenomenon. If you get a moment, please read:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/03/25/AR2006032500029.html

To those of you who are blessed to have found your life partner or soul mate, hold on to what you got...for dear life! ;)

So thoroughly and eloquently stated. I agree with you 100%.

1. Are you married to a white dude? Yes.

2. How did you meet? In church.

3. Are you more attractive than your "average bear"--I mean black woman? I'm not very good at judging my own physical appearance; I'd rate myself about a 7 or 8 on a scale of 1-10, I guess. :look:

4. Are you financially successful and/or have a prestigious career/education? I'm finishing my doctorate and have a semi-prestigious career, although I wouldn't call myself financially successful yet.

5. Is he attractive? (and not just to you) Definitely. I catch other women checking him out all the time. He's a doll.

Oh, I forgot to answer these:

1. Are you married to a white dude? Yes.

2. How did you meet? Housewarming party for a mutual friend.

3. Are you more attractive than your "average bear"--I mean black woman? I'm not very good at judging my own physical appearance; I'd rate myself about a 7 or 8 on a scale of 1-10, I guess. :look: I like your answer ^ :).

4. Are you financially successful and/or have a prestigious career/education? I don't know how you define that on this board. I mean I make 50k+ a year which isn't a lot but it's enough and I do have a B.S. My job isn't "prestigious" but it's not hard labor. :grin:

5. Is he attractive? (and not just to you) . Yes, even ya'll on this board has said so.

I normally don't post but couldn't resist...oh yeah and for the record we have two children 3 and 4 together.

1. Are you married to a white dude?
Yes...however currently going through a divorce...mutual:ohwell:2. How did you meet?
College, he was hot, young and in a band:grin:
3. Are you more attractive than your "average bear"--I mean black woman?:
OF COURSE! ha, i'm average to me but beauty is in the eye the beholder so there you go....

4. Are you financially successful and/or have a prestigious career/education?
I wish!::rolleyes:
5. Is he attractive? (and not just to you)
Hell yeah:lick:....god I wish well could just 'hook up sometimes' damn morals :lachen:

ciao

Well, I'm not sure if this is a serious thread or not but I can't vote. I've been married before but to a black man (for six years) and I won't be marrying the current beau until next summer. We'll be getting hitched here: http://www.naplesbeachhotel.com/resort/catering/weddings.htm

1. No, but will be.

2. Through a mutual friend. He expressed an interest in me and approached me and we exchanged contact information. We talked for a little while and then went on a date. We've been together ever since.

3. Geez. I don't know. Probably not. I'm pretty average. I don't have Beyonce's abs or J Lo's booty. I don't have Amerie's hair or Halle's cheek bones. So I stick with "I'm average" but my baby loves me. Anyway, you can look at my slideshow and you be the judge.

4. I am secure but there's nothing prestigous about my job. I'm a paralegal. Not a big shot or anything like that.

5. Well...guess you'd have to be the judge of that too.
So this is him:

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j131/ataurus1/ryangolf-1.jpg

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j131/ataurus1/pool.jpg

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j131/ataurus1/tealcouch.jpg

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j131/ataurus1/Cruise 2007/IMG_0275.jpg

Is this thread being facetious? I answered it sincerely but I don't want our relationship to be the butt of some joke

I think your beautiful. You guys make an attractive couple. Congratulations! (I'm late) I like this thread.:yep:

Corcoran-bw-wmAD-pic.jpg

I like this AD I thought it was a beautiful black and white portrait of a beautiful black and white family. But then I saw the dog. :lachen: You would think he had his own seat. LOL

I can tell that none of you ladies are from the Deep South:nono:. Interracial relationship happen here but undercover. Racism is alive and the CA's aren't afraid to show it with there rebel flags, celebration of Rebert E. Lee day on Dr. King's b-day, and their tri kappa marches :perplexed. Good Luck ladies. I've never had the opportunity nor will i ever have the opportunity to date white and it just won't happen here in the racist south.:nono:

I can tell that none of you ladies are from the Deep South:nono:. Interracial relationship happen here but undercover. Racism is alive and the CA's aren't afraid to show it with there rebel flags, celebration of Rebert E. Lee day on Dr. King's b-day, and their tri kappa marches :perplexed. Good Luck ladies. I've never had the opportunity nor will i ever have the opportunity to date white and it just won't happen here in the racist south.:nono:

What's CA's? Carolinas?

I live in NC and we've been up in the mountains and down in SC too and while we got curious stares...no one said anything crazy or approached us. One place was Murphy, NC. I'm not going to NOT be with who I want to be with for fear.

Man if you knew all the Nascar races I've been to you'd be scared for my life. LOL

What if blacks had said, I'm not going to try and get an education because white folks will revolt at that. I'm not going to try and get equal pay for equal work cause that will make whites mad.

I feel like it's my GOD given right to be with WHOMEVER He says I should be with just like it's my right to be free, to be educated and to be paid farely.

So what...let white racist red neck fool get mad. I am not letting any white man with a confederate flag think he can control me and tell me who I can live with or who I can love.

People said the same thing when I went to WI. Oh it's racist up there and they'll kill you. Well it was one of the nicest places with the nicest people I ever met.

Last edited:
I grew up in the south, met my white dh in the deep south and haven't had any problems. I think people are more okay with white men and black women than vice versa. I even went to Dollywood (of all places) and was treated just fine.

I see this is an old thread, but I'll play...

1. Are you married to a white dude? yes for almost 5 yrs now

2. How did you meet?
on line. neither of us were the club/bar type and neither of us were seeking an IR, we just wanted to find someone we could each feel comfortable with.

3. Are you more attractive than your "average bear"--I mean black woman?
Some days I say yes, some days I say no, perhapts that makes me average.

When we met I was just reaching 6 figures in the IT field. He was enlisted military. Now I'm a stay at home mom for the two babies and we both work from home in real estate. With the market turn we are making less than half of what I was making before. Honestly I couldnt say I would change a thing.

We are best friends and raising these girls together every day brings more joy than either of us could have imagined.

5. Is he attractive? (and not just to you).
I guess i can only answer for myself. I never really 'asked' anyone if they thought DH was attractive?? I love his eyes, his smile and his sense of humor.

I dated black men before I met DH. We talked a lot and really got to know each other before we physically met. I know its corny, but when we finally went out it was like meeing my best friend.

I do have my days when i get frustrated, though it's probaly due to my pet peves; why can't he just put dirty laundry in the SORTED bins?!

I see this is an old thread, but I'll play...

*Game show hostess voice* Thank you for playing, "Who's Married to a White Man." You have won, uh, *rifling thru tote bag*, uh... *pulls a slightly smushed object from its depths"An apple cinnamon cereal bar!"

*crowd cheers, cue balloon release. Camera pans back, cut to commerical.*:lachen:

Last edited:
*Game show hostess voice* Thank you for playing, "Who's Married to a White Man." You have won, uh, *rifling thru tote bag*, uh... *pulls a slightly smushed object from its depths[/I]"An apple cinnamon cereal bar!"

*crowd cheers, cue balloon release. Camera pans back, cut to commerical.*:lachen:

The commercial is advertising this new chruch. There is one in every county and the congregations are all mixed.

eeesh. let me get a pen and write down that web address.

Am I the only one that looks at church websites to see if the congregations are at least a little diverse?

*Game show hostess voice* Thank you for playing, "Who's Married to a White Man." You have won, uh, *rifling thru tote bag*, uh... *pulls a slightly smushed object from its depths[/i]"An apple cinnamon cereal bar!"

:giggle: UmSumayyah, you're funny.

This was a cool thread to read through. Nothing to contribute though as I'm single.

i'm not with a white man but 2 of my family members are. but i know of there relationships very well. one hates her husband he kind of treats her like a slave. moved her far away from her family etc. the other spoils his wife and is nice to her.

not me but 2 of my fam members.
2. How did you meet?
one met hers at work, the other not sure of.
my fam members are very pretty. but white men date all types of women.
both are stay at home wives, one has adorable kids, and he fronts her 1mill jewelry line. and both of the women are highly educated before meeting these men.
1 of their husbands is cute, chubby but ok in the face, the other hubby looks like hitler...he is german anyway but he's fat an not too good on the eyes, not ugly but typical white man.

i don't really feel they did it for love, they were both tired of struggling and one was tired of the struggle with her black husband, the other never dated 100% black guys anyway.

IDK, this is starting to become a trend. A lot of my black friends and co workers have married or are marrying white guys. They seem to have great relationships, so I'm happy for them.

:yay:i am currently engaged to my finacee. we have been dating for 5 yrs and he his 100 percent white. i have always been attracted to white males...:grin: PS what they sayyy about the size of white men isnt true believe me...lol :giggle:

Dlewis, please don't stone me. Jamericangurl, feel free to pull out the "Elmer Fudd hunting" graphic. Firecracker, yes, the poll is about "who managed to club the prized whitey from the caucasus mountains over the head and marry him" Everyone else, I apologize.

So ok:

2. How did you meet?

That will do for this week's IR thread.

:lachen: At these questions! I don't care if I get stoned for this, but most of the black female/ white male couples I've seen the white men have looked like this: http://www.grimmemennesker.dk/data/media/1/691.jpg or like this: http://sacandolavuelta.bitacoras.com/nerd.jpg

There have been a few occasions where the white men have been GOREGOUS (never an in between lol) and the black women... not so much. I'm sure there are more variety of BW/WM couples in Massachusetts, but I've never seen it lol.

Last edited:
:lachen: At these questions! I don't care if I get stoned for this, but most of the black female/ white male couples I've seen the white men have looked like this: http://www.grimmemennesker.dk/data/media/1/691.jpg
Really? Maybe that's that "typical white man" look that longhairlover was talking about. :look:

But seriously, that has not been my observation. I see that kind of thing more often in BM-WW couples.
So ok:

1. Are you married to a white dude? Yes

2. How did you meet? On the job. He was a consultant and I wanted to make a white female "friend" (who would constantly tell me that black men wanted her so bad and say things like black men are crazy about white women) jealous and to show her that it went both ways, so I flirted with him. I chose him because my "friend" and I both worked in accounting so we knew how much he was being paid as a consultant. I didn't want just any ole white dude, I wanted someone that was really gonna get under her skin. We went out on a date and had the best time ever. Truth is, I had NO attraction to white men at all, but I just wanted to shut this ***** up. Turns out, he was my soul mate.
3. Are you more attractive than your "average bear"--I mean black woman? I wouldn't call myself more attractive, but I do believe that I am an attractive, healthy and fit woman.

4. Are you financially successful and/or have a prestigious career/education? I have a career (that bores me to tears), but I would not call it prestigious in the least. I build websites internally for the corporation that I work for. I have an associates degree. Am currently back in school shooting for a bachelors, which I will have soon, and I plan to pursue a Masters.

5. Is he attractive? (and not just to you) I think so, and I have been told by some that he is, however, he is not a "hunk" by any means. Some women might not even agree that he is attractive. He is not dorky. He's a cool distinguished gentleman...

This is interesting. So how did your coworker react when you and your hubby started seeing each other? And have you ever told him why you first went on a date with him?

Last edited:
2. How did you meet? On the job. He was a consultant and I wanted to make a white female "friend" (who would constantly tell me that black men wanted her so bad and say things like black men are crazy about white women) jealous and to show her that it went both ways, so I flirted with him. I chose him because my "friend" and I both worked in accounting so we knew how much he was being paid as a consultant. I didn't want just any ole white dude, I wanted someone that was really gonna get under her skin. We went out on a date and had the best time ever. Truth is, I had NO attraction to white men at all, but I just wanted to shut this ***** up. Turns out, he was my soul mate.:yep:
I love a story with a happy ending :yep:

:lachen: At these questions! I don't care if I get stoned for this, but most of the black female/ white male couples I've seen the white men have looked like this: http://www.grimmemennesker.dk/data/media/1/691.jpg or like this: http://sacandolavuelta.bitacoras.com/nerd.jpg

There have been a few occasions where the white men have been GOREGOUS (never an in between lol) and the black women... not so much. I'm sure there are more variety of BW/WM couples in Massachusetts, but I've never seen it lol.
I can't say that most of the WM I've seen with BW have looked like this, but dude in the second link has defintely been well represented. :look:

:lachen:NO YOU DIDN'T. That first dude was straight up busted to the n-th degree. As someone who has dated interracially before, I'm sad to say that this does seem to be the case. The guys I dated were decent looking, but I don't see many BW/WM couples where the guy is "dreamy" and the woman is average. I've seen two good looking BW/WM together, but too often I'm seeing gorgeous sisters with average or unattractive white men.

I know looks aren't everything; however, f I ever date a white male again, he has to be good looking...I'd expect this from any male regardless. Just being real.

:lachen:NO YOU DIDN'T. That first dude was straight up busted to the n-th degree. As someone who has dated interracially before, I'm sad to say that this does seem to be the case. The guys I dated were decent looking, but I don't see many BW/WM couples where the guy is "dreamy" and the woman is average. I've seen two good looking BW/WM together, but too often I'm seeing gorgeous sisters with average or unattractive white men.

I know looks aren't everything; however, f I ever date a white male again, he has to be good looking...I'd expect this from any male regardless. Just being real.

I just think our standards for what make a white man attractive is way higher than that for black men (everyone has a right to their opinion). We see average or unattractive black men with pretty black women all the time but nobody thinks much of it. I'll go as far as to say that most black women find the average white man to be sub-par as compared to black men. In order for most to say that a white man is even cute he has to be above average or exceptional. There are also tons of pretty white women with average looking white guys.. Funny thing is, a lot of white people think the same about the average black woman as compared to white women but we get mad when they say it lol.

I just think our standards for what make a white man attractive is way higher than that for black men (everyone has a right to their opinion). We see average or unattractive black men with pretty black women all the time but nobody thinks much of it. I'll go as far as to say that most black women find the average white man to be sub-par as compared to black men. In order for most to say that a white man is even cute he has to be above average or exceptional. There are also tons of pretty white women with average looking white guys.. Funny thing is, a lot of white people think the same about the average black woman as compared to white women but we get mad when they say it lol.

I see what you're saying and I agree. I guess in the end I'm seeing good looking women with average to less than average men period. I also agree with the white/black woman comment, I hear this type of sentiment all the time.

Back