I'm just gonna do it: Who's married to a white man?

What race is your husband?

• White

Votes: 95 12.4%
  • black

Votes: 189 24.7%
  • other

Votes: 24 3.1%
  • I'm not married yet...Nosy *****!

Votes: 456 59.7%

• Total voters
Originally posted by Ravenhairbellydancer
Hmmm, i wonder why this thread hasnt been pulled yet:look:

Hmmm...because there is no need to close this thread. It's entertaining to read through the entire thread!

I didn't read through all of this but I'm married to a wonderful black man. My husband is originally from the Caribbean. We met in college and have been together for over 18 years and married for 15. He's never disappointed me. I love him to death.

I don't care who others marry at all. To each his or her own but I prefer black and very happy I was able to marry a black man...and a good one at that:yep:. They do exist because I know many and have many friends married to them.

Last post before I get on the road to Wisconsin. lol..I'm waiting for him to finish breakfast...

Anyway, for me it wasn't about the lack of good black men as being why I chose this white man.

Fact is I always looked at all men as the same to begin with. So I never felt like my only options were among black men. I enjoy dating people from all different cultures. I think if you're dating a white guy and one told him that the only reason your together was because there are no good black men that would almost make it seem like he was second rate OR it could really look bad for our men when their not WORSE in comparison to other ethnicities.

It's just that black folks are still a minority - by number not by color. There are less of them...20% of the pop or something like that...

so if I always saw all men as equal and for most of my adulthood I have...it would be no real mathematical suprise that I ended up with someone from the 80% population pool...if that makes sense to anyone.

If we broke up tomorrow...black men would still be completely in the running...:yep:

Anyway, you all take care. And FTR...I didnt' see a need for the thread to be shut down either. :perplexed

QUOTE=Energee;2756669]I didn't read through all of this but I'm married to a wonderful black man. My husband is originally from the Caribbean. We met in college and have been together for over 18 years and married for 15. He's never disappointed me. I love him to death.

I don't care who others marry at all. To each his or her own but I prefer black and very happy I was able to marry a black man...and a good one at that:yep:. They do exist because I know many and have many friends married to them.[/QUOTE]

Congratulations on a long and happy marriage. :yay:
Happy anniversary! (Belated or early, you decide which) :grin:[

Dlewis, please don't stone me. Jamericangurl, feel free to pull out the "Elmer Fudd hunting" graphic. Firecracker, yes, the poll is about "who managed to club the prized whitey from the caucasus mountains over the head and marry him" Everyone else, I apologize.

So ok:

1. Are you married to a white dude?-No

2. How did you meet?-I approached him at a club.

3. Are you more attractive than your "average bear"--I mean black woman?-I was when we got married.:blush:

4. Are you financially successful and/or have a prestigious career/education?-No and no.:blush:

5. Is he attractive? (and not just to you)-People say he looks like Denzel, when Training Day came out. Even our daughter when she was young asked me what daddy was doing on that vcr cover?!:blush:-So yes!:yep:

That will do for this week's IR thread.

No questions for us married to a Black dude? :look: I answered anyway.:grin:

Last edited:
I didn't read through all of this but I'm married to a wonderful black man. My husband is originally from the Caribbean. We met in college and have been together for over 18 years and married for 15. He's never disappointed me. I love him to death.

I don't care who others marry at all. To each his or her own but I prefer black and very happy I was able to marry a black man...and a good one at that:yep:. They do exist because I know many and have many friends married to them.

My prince is a man from the Caribbean!!!!!!

Well regardless of who you marry, mixed babiess are great!!!!!! Sorry Im biased thats all!!!!

1. Are you married to a white dude?nope

2. How did you meet?biker event

3. Are you more attractive than your "average bear"--I mean black woman? yes

4. Are you financially successful and/or have a prestigious career/education? I'm a stay at home mom of a 1 yr old and a 4 month old

5. Is he attractive? (and not just to you)he"" yeah...and packin

My man is very family oriented. He works hard. I'm ALWAYS able to get in touch with him we even sit on the phone for hours when he is at work. He is also a gentleman. I know many black successful men that are good men. I guess it all depends on where you live and who you associate yourself with.

I am not married but I have been engaged twice, both times to white men (call me the runaway bride, lol, because I always get cold feet and run off with my freedom at the very last minute!) so maybe what I have to say might help.

2. How did you meet?
One in school and the other in a bookstore.

3. Are you more attractive than your "average bear"--I mean black woman?
Girl, you know beauty is in the eye of the beholder, lol. I am very thin, tall, popular with the gentlemen and people say I am beautiful. I also modeled until I couldn't combine it with my studies anymore (too much of a time commitment) and my mother insisted I take the academic route (and what mama wants, mama gets!).

4. Are you financially successful and/or have a prestigious career/education?
My career has only just begun but I am at a good law school and doing very well, and before this, I was a biomedical engineering major at a good university with pretty prestigious internships that put me around successful men.

5. Is he attractive? (and not just to you)
Yes. Very good looks are a must for me (call me superficial but whatever) and so is being very successful and educated.

Might I ask why you are asking questions 3 and 4?

Last edited:
I actually was sort of serious when I started the thread. I got a little annoyed because a certain poster's comments were in effect (I'm not saying it was intentional because I don't know her and things can be misread) saying "Don't get your hopes up because a white man is NOT going to marry you unless you are rich, gorgeous, or both"

First off, just because someone includes white men in her marriage options doesn't mean she's salivating after one, polishing up her gun and going all "Elmer Fudd" after the vanilla. And lots of us aren't checkin' for one atall.

Secondly, I know black women married to white men, and I do no insult to myself or my friends when I state truthfully that not a one of us are professionally connected nor supermodel-gorgeous. We are pretty-to-average, perfectly ordinary women married to handsome-to-average, perfectly ordinary men..

Thirdly, not all white men (hummph! Not even MOST) are some prize that we should be worried about whether we are "good enough" for them. This whole "White men want the best of the best and non rich/model black women are not it" attitude is silly. If white men are so into "best of the best" and will only deign to be with the most perfect of black women, then why are ANY married to black women when they could presumably just marry white? After all, if whiteness is best, as is the implication, why can't they just marry a model-gorgeous or rich white woman? They ARE out there! As many white dudes as I see out here with broke-down looking chicks? Puh-leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze.

Fourthly, I think we all know that a white man is a man like any other, and some days you will want to:fishslap: because he is dancing on your last good nerve.

But you know what? I've realized that it is a waste of time trying prove anything. Some people will not be convinced, and heck if I care.

And uh, mods, please don't :ban: me.

This deserves a round of applause. I read a poster's comments (I think it was the same one you are referring to) and I was like :nono: Talk about making white men sound superhuman. They're just men and one does not have to be Beyonce (apparently, dark skin isn't good enough yet I'm dark-skinned and dating white men with ease :drunk:) or have Oprah's wealth to date white men. White men are just men with peach skin.

I am not married but I have been engaged twice, both times to white men (call me the runaway bride, lol, because I always get cold feet and run off with my freedom at the very last minute!) so maybe what I have to say might help.

One in school and the other in a bookstore.

Girl, you know beauty is in the eye of the beholder, lol. I am very thin, tall, popular with the gentlemen and people say I am beautiful. I also modeled until I couldn't combine it with my studies anymore (too much of a time commitment) and my mother insisted I take the academic route (and what mama wants, mama gets!).

My career has only just begun but I am at a good law school and doing very well, and before this, I was a biomedical engineering major at a good university with pretty prestigious internships that put me around successful men.

Yes. Very good looks are a must for me (call me superficial but whatever) and so is being very successful and educated.

Might I ask why you are asking questions 3 and 4?

Interesting.

1. Are you married to a white dude? YES

2. How did you meet? Friends

3. Are you more attractive than your "average bear"--I mean black woman? -I think I am just normal

4. Are you financially successful and/or have a prestigious career/education? - We both have bachelor degrees and professional positions.

5. Is he attractive? (and not just to you) I would think so, a lot of other black women seem to flock to him cause he is or looks big and strong lol.

1. Are you married to a white dude? No, we shackin:lol: (blame it on me, I don't want to get married)

2. How did you meet? August 2001 he sent me an email because he liked my yahoo profile. I already knew who he was because I read his articles for YEARS.

3. Are you more attractive than your "average bear"--I mean black woman? no. I'm no beauty queen, I'm no doubt a bit below average looking...but I'm cute, that counts.:D

4. Are you financially successful and/or have a prestigious career/education? yes and yes, he's also yes and yes.

5. Is he attractive? (and not just to you) Naw, he oogly.:eek: :lachen:

I kid I kid!!!

Seriously though, you'd have to ask all those fitness models he hangs out with, I'm biased.

-A

I didn't know your SO was white? I should have read these thread a long time ago. So I guess it'll be bumped.

I agree with you. This has happened to me too. Some black guys get mad when a white guy is interested. As much as they won't say it, they really do have some love for us. Warped or not, I think it's there.

My then friend, now husband tried to beat up the white guy I was dating. Because he said he was dating me and I wouldn't admit it. He thought the guy was lying and still do to this day.

*Takes a deep breath* My husband is white and it was out of circumstance. Till this day, I have never had a well-dressed, educated, articulate black male ever give me the time of day- and no, I'm not stuck-up or anything like that, just the opposite. I smile at everyone that I see. It's like I'm invisible to them when I walk by on the street. I don't even get the obligatory black folks nod. The only AA men who did try to holla (and still do- why did some guy tell me the other day that he wished I were his babymomma?) were usually thugs who would spit some lame game to me that I know he just gave some other girl a few streets away. I even had a guy who said he just got out of prison that very day ask for my number once:perplexed .

For years I thought that something was wrong with me. I'm very nice, but no "eligible" AA man seemed to want to talk to me. Then, my now husband asked me out. And I jumped at that. I thank God that he is everything that I ever prayed for and that he seemed to want to get to know me.

There is no way that I would have faced being alone for the rest of my life just to say that I'm with an AA man. A good man, no matter what his race, is hard to find and we should open up our hearts and minds to all of the good men out there that we can share a life with.

I just realized your husband was white when you had your baby. He's a cutie to.

No, I'm not married to a white man ... yet! My boyfriend is white and if he asks me to marry him, the answer will be YES and THEN I'll be married to a white man! :grin: He's a sweetie...:yep:

Here's wishing the best to EVERYONE in their relationships!

Girl, you're so crazy.:lachen:

I just came back in here to say that Arcadian is a LYA!

1. She IS beautiful and

2. She's more married than any of us.

:lachen:

Dlewis, please don't stone me. Jamericangurl, feel free to pull out the "Elmer Fudd hunting" graphic. Firecracker, yes, the poll is about "who managed to club the prized whitey from the caucasus mountains over the head and marry him" Everyone else, I apologize.

So ok:

1. Are you married to a white dude?

2. How did you meet?

3. Are you more attractive than your "average bear"--I mean black woman?

5. Is he attractive? (and not just to you)

1. yes. Been together for nearly 21 yrs and married 16yrs

2. met at school. He was 1 of a small number of whites in attendance. I went from nobody knowing me at that school to suddenly everyone knowing who I was because we were together. Total strangers would walk up and ask me if it were tru I was seeing "that white dude."

3. I'd say I'm average. Very normal looking. Plain in a cute way I guess. For some reason I've always attracted more whites whan blacks. It used to bother me a lot when I was younger because I felt I just was not special enough for my own people. I attracted NERDS!! Nerds of every color!!

4. I'm a SAHM. I graduated highschool and have some college but never felt pushed enough by my family to go further. Looking back now, I realized I should have been the driving force behind myself. I might go back after the kids are old enough. I was in the process of heading towards becomming a paramedic in the fire dept. and had successfully finished getting my emt license and had finished taking the firefighter exam and physical when I suddenly found myself laid up with not only a pregnancy but a leg broken in 3 places (fell off a car hauler and snapped my leg and ankle.) That pretty much ended that. Hubby also has some college. He works in computer sofware and does just fine.

5. I think so. Looking into his eyes just make me swoon. Others may not think he's a Brad Pitt but he gets quite a bit of attention even with his cute receeding hairline. :ohwell:. To me he will always be that quirky, nerdy but super cute 18 yr old. Even as we both head towards our 40's. I loves my babe!

So ok:

1. Are you married to a white dude? Yes

2. How did you meet? On the job. He was a consultant and I wanted to make a white female "friend" (who would constantly tell me that black men wanted her so bad and say things like black men are crazy about white women) jealous and to show her that it went both ways, so I flirted with him. I chose him because my "friend" and I both worked in accounting so we knew how much he was being paid as a consultant. I didn't want just any ole white dude, I wanted someone that was really gonna get under her skin. We went out on a date and had the best time ever. Truth is, I had NO attraction to white men at all, but I just wanted to shut this ***** up. Turns out, he was my soul mate.:yep:

3. Are you more attractive than your "average bear"--I mean black woman? I wouldn't call myself more attractive, but I do believe that I am an attractive, healthy and fit woman.

4. Are you financially successful and/or have a prestigious career/education? I have a career (that bores me to tears:nono:), but I would not call it prestigious in the least. I build websites internally for the corporation that I work for. I have an associates degree. Am currently back in school shooting for a bachelors, which I will have soon, and I plan to pursue a Masters.

5. Is he attractive? (and not just to you) I think so, and I have been told by some that he is, however, he is not a "hunk" by any means. Some women might not even agree that he is attractive. He is not dorky. He's a cool distinguished gentleman.

One of these days I'm gonna take the time to upload a pick either of me, him, my hair......something....

1. Are you married to a white dude? Yeap, It will be 5 Years married next May. We dated each other for 2 years.

2. How did you meet? In Germany. We were both in the military and overseas. I was Air Force and he was Army. Met each other on New Year 2001 out celebrating.

3. Are you more attractive than your "average bear"--I mean black woman? I feel beautiful but not more attractive than your average bear.

4. Are you financially successful and/or have a prestigious career/education? Nope, but want to go to school now for Skin Care (Esthetics) and for Dental Hygenist. Finally know what I want to do with my life career wise.

5. Is he attractive? (and not just to you) Yeap!! Plus he know how to cook some soul food. Tasty Greens, Fried chicken, sweet potato pie, etc. I fell in love because he was a good cook too. Pics below.

Last edited:
4. Are you financially successful and/or have a prestigious career/education? Nope, but want to go to school now for Skin Care (Esthetics) and for Dental Hygenist. Finally know what I want to do with my life career wise.

I'm in hygiene school right now. I love it but can't want to be out of there!

1. Are you married to a white dude?yes, it will be 7 years in may

2. How did you meet?we met at my old job, he came over to me and started chatting.

3. Are you more attractive than your "average bear"--I mean black woman? No, I think from past experience I am considered below average in looks.

I am not financially successful, but I am optimistic that I will be someday. I will have a degree next year, and I have a lot of "book smarts".
5. Is he attractive? (and not just to you)- yes, women can be kind of bold. I don't know if he is conventionally handsome, but he is cute and nice and women like that about him.

So ok:

1. Are you married to a white dude? No but I am seeing a man that is

2. How did you meet? Internet

3. Are you more attractive than your "average bear"--I mean black woman? I think I am a pretty woman but just average

4. Are you financially successful and/or have a prestigious career/education? I'm a broke grad student with 2 children. I have three under grad degrees, one professional and working on another professional degree. Let us say broke again! I was blessed with a great job.

5. Is he attractive? (and not just to you) Yes he is quite handsome.

After dating for a while and getting to know each other I would not let our race make my answer to marriage be no.

Back