I'm just gonna do it: Who's married to a white man?

What race is your husband?

• White

Votes: 95 12.4%
  • black

Votes: 189 24.7%
  • other

Votes: 24 3.1%
  • I'm not married yet...Nosy *****!

Votes: 456 59.7%

• Total voters
I am. We met through a mutual friend. Dated for 1.5 years. Then got married. We have two kids a boy and a girl. My husband is handsome in my eyes. And, he thinks I am pretty. I do not work. I have some college education.

Really? Maybe that's that "typical white man" look that longhairlover was talking about. :look:

But seriously, that has not been my observation. I see that kind of thing more often in BM-WW couples.

This is interesting. So how did your coworker react when you and your hubby started seeing each other? And have you ever told him why you first went on a date with him?

She was in shock and angry. In fact, she wasn't the only one. After a couple months of dating, the whole office knew about us. He purchased a trip to the Bahamas for the two of us, and the woman in charge (my boss) threatened to cancel his contract if he took the trip. She claimed he was leaving at a crucial time, but she was cool with it until she realized he was taking me. We had to sell the trip for 1/2 price to someone else or he would lose all the money.

He just ended up taking me the following month.

Yes, he knows why I flirted with him. We laugh at the story now. In fact, I told him early on why I flirted with him, and so he joined me in making my white girlfriend upset. He would do things like leave flowers on my desk. Once, he left an envelope with $500 on my desk and told me to go shopping. He made sure she saw him leave the envelope.

So when I got in to work, she was dying to know what was inside. When I opened it, I thought she was going to hit me. :lachen:

Truth is, making her jealous is what kind of bonded us. We had so much fun because she was such an evil wench.

Neither of us knew at the time that we would fall in love and get married. We were just having fun.

She was in shock and angry. In fact, she wasn't the only one. After a couple months of dating, the whole office knew about us. He purchased a trip to the Bahamas for the two of us, and the woman in charge (my boss) threatened to cancel his contract if he took the trip. She claimed he was leaving at a crucial time, but she was cool with it until she realized he was taking me. We had to sell the trip for 1/2 price to someone else or he would lose all the money.

Yes, he knows why I flirted with him. We laugh at the story now. In fact, I told him early on why I flirted with him, and so he joined me in making my white girlfriend upset. He would do things like leave flowers on my desk. Once, he left an envelope with $500 on my desk and told me to go shopping. He made sure she saw him leave the envelope.

So when I got in to work, she was dying to know what was inside. When I opened it, I thought she was going to hit me. :lachen:

Truth is, making her jealous is what kind of bonded us. We had so much fun because she was such an evil wench.

Neither of us knew at the time that we would fall in love and get married. We were just having fun.

Awww that is teh sweetest/funniest thing I have seen in a long time. Haha I wish I had seen their faces when you opened up the envelope!

I'm not married to a white man...never even dated one. But, I just came in because this thread has GOT to be by far THE most EVERLASTING thread ever. It has such staying power! :grin: So, finally, I started wondering what all the hype is about. *off to read*

Wow....I never even noticed your hubby's white hands in your siggy pic until reading this post girl. Funny story. I'm glad that you are happy and in love!

1. Are you married to a white dude? No

2. How did you meet? Met at work (military)- Hooked up when we met off duty about a 1 1/2 years later and I gave him my number (he had deployed to iraq and returned)

3. Are you more attractive than your "average bear"--I mean black woman? I'm ok. Back home I get a bunch of men tryna holla, but generally I'm average nationwide. Not that I've conducted any sort of national census on my gorgeousness...lol!

4. Are you financially successful and/or have a prestigious career/education? No big money, No prestigious career, No out the ordinary education....at least in society's eyes. In my eyes my pay check is success and my military career is awesome and the fact that I have lots of free education and have had 73 college credits worth of military training done in 1 year then I consider myself 3 yeses......if that makes sense....I'm blessed.

5. Is he attractive? (and not just to you) Well my hubby is always complaining about the constant flirty, lusty stares and comments he gets everyhere he goes from the bank,to the grocery store, to any customer service desk of any company- I suppose he's a much desired man.....if that's a good thing?? I wouldn't wanna have to cut somebody for trying my man...my hubby is sexy to me though. :)

Funny! :) That was really cute.

:lachen: At these questions! I don't care if I get stoned for this, but most of the black female/ white male couples I've seen the white men have looked like this: http://www.grimmemennesker.dk/data/media/1/691.jpg or like this: http://sacandolavuelta.bitacoras.com/nerd.jpg

There have been a few occasions where the white men have been GOREGOUS (never an in between lol) and the black women... not so much. I'm sure there are more variety of BW/WM couples in Massachusetts, but I've never seen it lol.

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

can't believe I'm adding to the bumping of old arse threads :lol:

but anyway....for the second time this week someone told me they see me being married to a white man. what in the world???? :spinning:

The first came from my bff and now an associate. I'm not saying yes or no, I don't know. I've dated all races but idk. can't really envision it when I think about a family portrait. all I know is that I'm ratchet as hell and have more ghetto tendencies than people who are actually hood. can't imagine a white husband's reaction to handling my lack of filter when I randomly say something ignorant in front of his whitey friends. :look::lachen:

but anyway....for the second time this week someone told me they see me being married to a white man. what in the world???? :spinning:

The first came from my bff and now an associate. I'm not saying yes or no, I don't know. I've dated all races but idk. can't really envision it when I think about a family portrait. all I know is that I'm ratchet as hell and have more ghetto tendencies than people who are actually hood. can't imagine a white husband's reaction to handling my lack of filter when I randomly say something ignorant in front of his whitey friends. :look::lachen:

@barbiesocialite

Interesting. But you never know. You could end up w/a white boy like the one in the movie Barbershop. :giggle: A guy who spends more time and energy enmeshed in black culture than anything else, who has more black friends than white. Never know, it happens.

My relatives think the same way. Although in my case it's BC I was raised around a lot of white people and don't fit their idea of what a black person is. Even though the ones who say it really don't know anything about me. It's annoying to say the least.

LOL at these type threads. you all make a certain race of person seem like a type of animal breed or something.

If you are over 25 and acting as if you hit the lotto cuz you are married outside your race...

I don't get these threads. A white boy does not equate with attractiveness, manliness, upkeep, financial stability, yada yada yada

now if you have preference in a certain human with certain qualities and a certain type of person who happens to be ____ fits that criteria, well then, hey, kudos...but just to ask are you married to a ____, ____, or ____ is so ...

again, if you are over 25 and still getting hyped about inter-______ unions...

it's not like you are asking, okay, who's married to someone who fits all the qualities you have always wanted in a mate, etc.

...these trophy white people threads from the 25 and older crowds have me ROLLING...

I think I need to find a white man, and settle down soon. I don't want to live a hard life. As soon a I can fix my hair, and waist line, I'm going white man hunting! :lol:

I miss JamericanGurl and her Elmer Fudd hunting gif. *sigh*. Where'd she go anyway? And where's yardyspice and MsJaiDiva? Y'all running the Jamaicans off the board?

I found it interesting that most of the women in the military on this post are with non-black guys. Either way love who you want

Back