• as soon as I'm engaged to marry

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • I DON'T FEEL I HAVE TO as long as my PARTNER & I gets checked

Votes: 13 7.1%
  • I DON'T USE THEM if I feel I can trust my partner

Votes: 27 14.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Before My DH I always used condoms. Me and DH never used condoms and I hate it. We've been tested together several times. The thing is it's hard to change something after you allow it to happen. I have had 5 sex partners including DH. I can't remember it feeling different with or without the condom. DH would look at me sideways if I mentioned condoms now.

DH is really set on kids right now and we have always only used the withdrawal method, but it would be easy to pretend an accident. I am getting bc. As far as STDS if i had the choice to do it all over again, there would never had been a time when condoms were not used even though I am married. It's all fine and dandy to have trust in someone, but I would not be willing to bet my life on whether or not another human being would make a mistake.

Eh, it depends. I think when I'm married, I'll still want to use condoms, b/c I don't want to go back on BC.

I don't have unprotected sex with boyfriends. That's too intimate for me...I've had it once before, and while I don't regret it, not trying to repeat the experience again until I'm married.

I get sick to my stomach when I hear of men & women having unprotected casual sex. That's a death wish.

I'll never go without protection until I'm ready to have kids. Which will never happen, because I hear you poop a little when you're in the delivery room.

My jaw literrally dropped:blush:

Dang...ya'll gangsta round here:look:

To answer the question: Me and my Lelo don't use protection. I'm the only one using him and he's sterile so no risk of pregnancy.

If you ain't got a Lelo..you might wanna hit up amazon and get one for those of you going thru a drought like me.

Dangit! I'm at work, will have to look into this when I get home. :sekret: I have a feeling its about to be a looooooooong drought ahead for me.

Hmmm, actually I can look it up on my phone :sekret:

Only after we have been together at least a year and are completely committed to each other. I still use my pill but the condoms stopped.

Once I'm married. I had unprotected sex before and it was one of the scariest experiences I've ever had. Besides, it doesn't really feel much better without one. If your partner knows what he's doing it's just as pleasurable if not more (because you don't have the added stress of all the "what if's" consequences) IMO

No raw doggin until I'm Mrs So-So.

And while I hear the folks that say marriage isn't a guarantee against STD's, I think that you can still hedge against some of the risk by walking into a marriage with your eyes wide open.

For example, if you are becoming Mrs. Swizz Beatz then yes ma'am you will want to wear a body condom if dude so much side eyes you. Because you can take an edumacated guess based on dudes track record of OOW kids that he likes to hit random chicks raw whether he's married or not.

And on the flip side, if your husband has been the type of dude to not give you any reason to raise an eyebrow (and ya'll know good and hell well what eyebrow raising behavior is) then odds are you ain't got to worry to much about him bringing something home aside from his paycheck.

People are not unique snowflakes. For the most part, behavior is pretty damn predictable. If dude was a hoe when you met him, guess what he go keep being.

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:
OMG I fell out!

To answer the question, I would not want to be using them in marriage. I know the person I am getting married to.
What I don't get is how we are supposed to continue as a human race if we all keep using condoms every single time, short of doing IVF for every baby we want... Or maybe not even doing that because men are scared their babies will be infected?
I'm all for "strap it up" but if you ever want kids there will be that risk...

Burden of HIV "still" highest for blacks
CDC reports

Updated Feb 05, 2011 1:00 PM |

Although blacks make up only 13.6% of the U.S. population, they account for 50.3% of all diagnosed cases of HIV, federal health officials reported.

* A person does a blood test for HIV. Disparities in access to health care and poverty also contribute to the increased risk of HIV among blacks, according to experts.

A person does a blood test for HIV. Disparities in access to health care and poverty also contribute to the increased risk of HIV among blacks, according to experts.

A person does a blood test for HIV. Disparities in access to health care and poverty also contribute to the increased risk of HIV among blacks, according to experts.
STDAlert.com

The rate of HIV diagnosis among black men is eight times that of whites, and the rate for black women is 19 times that of whites, finds a new analysis of data from 37 states by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

"What this study confirms is the severe and disproportionate burden of disease borne by African Americans when it comes to HIV," said Dr. Kevin Fenton, director of CDC's National Center for HIV/AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention.

Compared to Hispanic men, black men have twice the rate of HIV infection, and black women are four times as likely as Hispanic women to have an HIV diagnosis, according to the Feb. 4 edition of the CDC's Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report.

The reasons for these disparities are complex, Fenton said. "We are not looking at one core issue. There are many factors interacting with each other at different levels within the society," he said.

For one thing, the background prevalence of the AIDS-causing virus is higher in the black community, he said.

"This higher background prevalence really continues to drive transmission within the community, because it increases the probability of someone coming into contact with HIV, even with low-risk behaviors," Fenton said.

Sharing drug materials and having unprotected sex are key ways to spread HIV.

Fenton said there is also a higher rate of sexually transmitted diseases in the black community, noting other STDs facilitate the transmission of HIV.

Disparities in access to health care and poverty also contribute to the increased risk of HIV among blacks, Fenton explained.

High rates of male imprisonment are another factor, he added. "This leads to imbalances in male-to-female ratios in the community, which in turn result in sexual networks which facilitate transmission of HIV," he said.

In a related report in the same edition, researchers said HIV diagnoses have skyrocketed among young men in Milwaukee, Wis. Among 15- to 29-year-old gay men in that city, HIV increased 144% from 2000 to 2008.

William Jeffries IV, a CDC Epidemic Intelligence Service Officer and co-author of the report, said this spike is not just the result of increased HIV screening, which would by itself uncover many new cases of HIV.

The number of syphilis cases also increased, which suggests a rise in HIV infection, Jeffries said.

The Milwaukee findings probably mirror similar HIV increases in some areas across the country, said the researchers, calling for new or better efforts to educate this group of males.

The CDC already is testing ways to expand HIV testing and referral services within the black community, Jeffries said.

These "intensive behavioral interventions," he said, combine education, counseling, skills development and esteem building, as well as safer sex promotion.

Apathy about HIV is a problem, Fenton said. "We are really grappling with increased complacency as we enter the fourth decade of this epidemic," he said. This is particularly true in the black community, where there are so many health and economic concerns that HIV becomes a back-burner issue, Fenton said.

Commenting on the report, Dr. Michael Kolber, professor and director of the Comprehensive AIDS Program at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, said that programs to reduce the spread of HIV need to target those communities where transmission rates are highest and take into account various cultural differences.

"In the African American community, we are working with faith-based organizations," he said. "They really play a major role in daily living."

The programs Kolber runs go into churches and provide HIV/AIDS education in the context of overall health issues.

"When you discuss these things, you need to do it in a manner which is sensitive to what they are willing to listen to," Kolber said.

Burden of HIV highest for blacks, CDC reports - USATODAY.com

Last edited:
I worked on HIV studies that had 100% enrollment of blacks 19-25 yrs
b/c this was the "highest risk population" they claimed.....

the study went really wrong, nothing else can be said.

Never. I don't like the hormonal effects of birth control, I'm too scared of getting pregnant, and the disease rate is too high. Nothing worst than waiting for test results because you're unsure even in a relationship. My opinion if based upon my experiences.

This Lelo site is really sexy and classy. I may have to make me a purchase. To keep me out of trouble moving to a new city.:look:

anywho, carry on.

The only good time to stop using protection is:

1. Whatever your religious/moral standards dictate… if you choose to follow them.

2. You are married and you trust him.

3. You are willing to get pregnant by this person, and do not mind being connected to him for (almost) life, because of the child that you share with him.

4. You are willing to contract an STD from him, and put yourself at risk of possibly being less desirable to a future mate if it doesn’t work out with Mr. No Protection. This is if you both have NOT been tested together and received the results together – FULL DISCLOSURE!

5. You are willing to raise a child as a single parent should you end up pregnant and things do not work out with Mr. No Protection.

6. If you are married and you want to have a child. Otherwise, I see no problem with married couples using condoms. You know how many men and women wish they had been using a condom with their partner after finding out they were (____insert any name of any STD___) positive! We are responsible for our own sexual health. Do not put that in someone elses hands!

7. the list goes on … etc

Last edited:
Back