Votes: 488 30.5%
  • Bra Strap Length

Votes: 655 41.0%
  • Mid-Back Length

Votes: 314 19.6%
  • Tailbone Length

Votes: 59 3.7%

• Total voters
I voted APL. When I look at albums on the forum, I usually start thinking long at BSL. But it's really relative because, in reality, I consider APL long due to the fact that hardly I hardly see relaxed lengths passed the shoulder. I was looking around in my church sunday and there was maybe one woman with BSL and three with APL hair. It's hard not to consider APL long when everyones hair is chewed up and thin.

Even bsl is long imo on most. There are ladies that I see with APL hair and I'm think their hair is long. My hair was about 2" past bsl during the summer b4 I cut it and I was still self-conscious of it being kinda short so for me to consider my hair long it would have to be about 2 inches from waistlength because i'm short. I would say that would be where the picture ends in my siggy.

Well, since my hair is right under my ear I would consider SL long, but other than that, I think APL and beyond is long.

I voted MBL, but before LHCF I believed full, even, collarbone length to be long. Funny how perceptions can change:lol:

sylver2 said:
I guess I'm in the minority. I consider shoulder Length and longer long hair.

I agree w/ Sylver on that but I am talking root to tip thick shoulder length har starting from the crown. Not only if the nape is making it.

Last edited:
I'm only chiming in here because I'm curious. Is this LHCF long or IRL long that you guys are talking about? I only ask because before cutting my hair last year, my hair was a little longer than what you guys call APL. I was always charged extra for having long hair when I got it done at the salons. Am I the only one?

i think BSL is long....

but im not a fan of even hair all around.. i like the look of some sort of layer in hair..im not even a fan of the look when your ends are freshly cut that straight across look.. i feel like it looks boring....no spunk/personality.. that i feel hair should bring to someones overall..

Before LHCF I thought armpit+++ was long.

Since I've been in between APL and BSL for almost 2 years... BSL is long to me (and thats for all races).

Now IRL, I might give double takes to a nice head of APL hair. But on LHCF, if I'm gonna stalk someone's album they have to be MBL.

KiniKakes said:
Yeah I agree with this! Long hair has become so common on this site.... but in "the real world" folks seem to have a different criteria.

yes in the "real world" I consider armpit length as long hair, because I've never seen a lady with Brastrap length except on this board (and others...)

Brownsis said:
yes in the "real world" I consider armpit length as long hair, because I've never seen a lady with Brastrap length except on this board (and others...)
REALLY! You've never seen a lady with brastrap length hair. Wow! Come to one of the LHCF meetings. You'll see some beautiful heads! :)

BTW: I think midback is long because I have brastrap length hair and it aint that long to me! But on other people I think brastrap is long.

I have a long way to go. You guys can call me scrub hair for now...:lol:
I think BSL is long hair because when it is shirley templed or curled, it still pasts your shoulders!

naptrl said:
REALLY! You've never seen a lady with brastrap length hair. Wow! Come to one of the LHCF meetings. You'll see some beautiful heads! :)

BTW: I think midback is long because I have brastrap length hair and it aint that long to me! But on other people I think brastrap is long.

See that's my opinion. I used to think brastrap length was long but now that I'm there, it ain't so long anymore:look:. Now I think midback and waistlength are long now (on me). But on other people I consider brastrap and longer long hair.

GlamourGirl said:
See that's my opinion. I used to think brastrap length was long but now that I'm there, it ain't so long anymore:look:. Now I think midback and waistlength are long now (on me). But on other people I consider brastrap and longer long hair.

What she said.

I would have to say BSL because where I live you don't see many women with Natural BSL, I mean that they grew their own hair to BSL. I didn't think that I could even grow hair that long. But I am almost there.:D I consider extraordinary long hair would be Waist Length. You rarely see it here where I live on young or older adult females of color.

I believe there is a difference in the length of a person's hair and thickness and look of there hair. Someone can have long hair and just not catch my eye because it's to thin or unhealthy, where as someone who has apl or longer with full hair and shine would be considered long to me regardless of race. Long to me is healthy apl length or longer.

Naijaqueen said:
For reg folks, I think I'd say APL, but LHCF has messed my mind up, and so now I'll not see myself as having long hair till I'm BSL :(

Co-signing.:ohwell:
Used to think APL was long, but I'd have to say BSL would be the minimum now for long hair consideration.

*currently at short-medium length by hairboard standards*:ohwell:

Healthy armpit length is long to me considering there's not too many AA women where I'm at who have natural hair this length or longer

naptrl said:

quote]

yes really :)
I would love to come to LHCF meetings, but we don't have enough LHCF members here (where I live) to do that

Brownsis said:
naptrl said:

quote]

yes really :)
I would love to come to LHCF meetings, but we don't have enough LHCF members here (where I live) to do that

OT (sorry):Hey brownsis I started last year a thread about LHCF members living Here for a meeting nobody answers me:(

Last edited:
The longest real hair I've seen on a Black girl was in high school. She was a Pentecostal Church follower, and she had Classic length hair. So, other than that, now, i consider full BSL to be long on Black girls, and CL on White, Hispanic, Asian, etc. Why? Because BSL is common on women of other races so therefore, to me, they need longer lengths of hair to catch my attention...

I think from armpit lenght hair to longer is considered to be long hair to me.
Zanna

Last edited:
Back