• Bra Strap Length

Votes: 655 41.0%
  • Mid-Back Length

Votes: 314 19.6%
  • Tailbone Length

Votes: 59 3.7%

• Total voters
KiniKakes said:
Yes, I agree with this as well. Maybe i worded my statement wrong. But the front of my hair is relatively short when compared to the back. I dont think hair necessarily has to be "full BSL or full Mid-back length" all around in order to be considered BSL or Mid-Back length. By the time my hair is BSL in the front, i will probably be close to WL in the back! :lol:

:lol: I have the same exact issue. The front of my hair is about a pinch away from APL. The back however is Lower APL almost touching my brastrap. When I reach bra strap in the front my back will probably be waist length!! I don't claim a length until all parts reach that length. I kinda think that's cheating. IDK! rofl!!!!

To me anything longer than my shoulder length is longer to me.

And my goal is APL by July... if I can reach this goal I would definitely feel that my hair is long.. though am happy that I have hair on my head regardless. :look:

Kiwi said:
I voted APL. I see a lot of women who can grow their hair to SL, but getting past SL is a struggle.

ITA!! and maybe this is why my focus and goal is to get from shoulder length to APL just b/c this is my struggle;) like so many other black women that may be struggling with this as well... I am wanting to see for myself if I take care of my hair with knowledge that I have learned on and off of LHCF if my hair will jump from this hurdle of shoulder length. My back is shoulder length and my sides and crown is chin length and beyond.. so when my back finally reaches APL then my sides and crown should be shoulder length. I used to have layers cut at one time in my past. But I am not cutting my hair all one length until I reach my goal length.. and even then I may not cut it! :)

I voted shoulder length, but I really consider anything a couple inches past the shoulders long. The rest is just really long to me.

My own hair seems to never be long, even though it's just about bra strap.

BSL, but I agree here we have really high expectations! People think my hair is long, though it is only about an inch past APL (I use the term only loosely).

well i change my mind lol.. i was almost midback and thats not too far from waist only about 4 inches on me,, an it didnt really feel very long..

soooo.. im changing my answer to hip length :)

soun said:
OT (sorry):Hey brownsis I started last year a thread about LHCF members living Here for a meeting nobody answers me:(
I missed that thread, soun. I would come to a meeting in Paris.

There was an article in Cosmo about hair color, curl, and length and (according to the poll) most people agreed that BSL is the "ideal length" calling it "long and lush."

I agree somewhat, but I think somewhere between APL and BSL is where hair begins to be considered long. *shrug* Then again, sometimes it depends on how long a person's torso is.

i'd say shoulder-length unstretched 'fro for kinky hair is long

ea651076.jpg

for straightened hair, midbackish is long

G187472_b.jpg

for me personally, BSL straight or a nice huge afro cloud is plenty. i'm only 5'4".

I voted BSL but I think APL is considerably long if its blown out...i thought SL was long when I had a "Halle" cut back in the day...I guess "long"l depends on what your length is now...go figure:look:

sylver2 said:
I guess I'm in the minority. I consider shoulder Length and longer long hair.

No you are not alone. I feel the same way. I always describe anyone with shoulder length hair (names not known to me) as "The girl with the long hair"
Maybe its just me. I am not saying just grazing shoulder either. I also mean shoulder length all over.

I would say BSL and APL if the hair is really thick. By the way your hair is beautiful. One of my inspirations! :)

At least apl, But I won't feel like I've "made it" until I get to bsl. This board has given me hair anorexia.

Kimberly said:
I have the "hair anorexia" so anything longer than mine, is long to me....so I couldn't vote because my twisted notion was not an option.

ok this is me too. so i vote midback.

The closer I come to BSL, it's no longer long enough for me. Mid-back is now long. I guess I can be labeled in the Hair Greedy or Hair Anorexic category.

Bra strap and longer.

I think that it's something "other races" can't even front on when our hair is this long or longer :lol:

Ineedhair said:
The closer I come to BSL, it's no longer long enough for me. Mid-back is now long. I guess I can be labeled in the Hair Greedy or Hair Anorexic category.

same here:ohwell: !

Last edited:
Full Bra strap hair looks long to me. But it depend on how tall the person is,too. Cause the shorter people are to me, the longer the hair look on them.

Back