Votes: 488 30.5%
  • Bra Strap Length

Votes: 655 41.0%
  • Mid-Back Length

Votes: 314 19.6%
  • Tailbone Length

Votes: 59 3.7%

• Total voters
Brastrap. I think that is is a good length where you have options for many different styles. Plus I really think that length stands out on black women, because you don't see it that often in the real world.

secretdiamond said:
I think anything full APL and longer is considered long. I think it's a wonderful feat for a black woman with hair that length (that's HEALTHY) since it is not so common to see women with hair past their shoulders. I have to give props to that. Now BSL is better and WSL is GREAT, but the minimum length for long, in my eyes, is APL.

Now on a white/asian/hispanic person, APL is not so long and then, that's where I'd have to say that mid-back-waistlength is long.

My sentiments exactly!:up: Add thickness/fullness like Dsylla's and I could die a happy woman at that length:D

MissMarie, your hair is like WHOA!!!!

Also, can someone confirm my perception of APL. To me, its not true APL unless your hair actually can be tucked into the armpit or is EXACTLY aligned with the armpit:confused:

nicki6 said:
My sentiments exactly!:up: Add thickness/fullness like Dsylla's and I could die a happy woman at that length:D

MissMarie, your hair is like WHOA!!!!

Also, can someone confirm my perception of APL. To me, its not true APL unless your hair actually can be tucked into the armpit or is EXACTLY aligned with the armpit:confused:

To my understanding, APL is when your hair is aligned to the armpit, whether it be top or bottom of the armpit, it has nothing to do with being able to tuck your hair under the armpit.

Mid-back. But my perception is probably skewed because my mom has always had bsl and I've always had "long" hair. Except for in 95 when I realized my hairdresser was cutting my hair all off and I saw a picture of myself with a shoulder length bob. :confused: That's when I decided to go natural actually.

And I know I have hair anorexia because I keep on telling my boyfriend I'm bald and he laughs maniacally and tells me my hair is long enough. He doesn't agree with my wanting to let it grow to waist length.

Midback/waist length is long, IMO. For curly hair, that means stretched. If curly hair is waist length unstretched...then that is very long. The hem line doesn't matter to me.

I voted bra-strap...before this forum I would have probably said arm-pit or shoulder, but all these luscious haired ladies have broadened my horizons.

Chayil

i think the thickness of the hair has a lot to do with it too, I've seen people irl with thick shoulder length hair all one length that caught my eye, just because it seemed like a lot of hair...basically i think at shoulder length all one length or layered apl, i start to think someone has a lot of hair or long hair...of course on a hair lovers board like lhcf, or lhc, the standards are much higher!

Denim And Leather said:
To my understanding, APL is when your hair is aligned to the armpit, whether it be top or bottom of the armpit, it has nothing to do with being able to tuck your hair under the armpit.

Right, that is my understanding as well. Shoot, if you can tuck your hair completely under the armpit, thats darn near BSL. :lol:

KiniKakes said:
Right, that is my understanding as well. Shoot, if you can tuck your hair completely under the armpit, thats darn near BSL. :lol:

Exactly. :yep: I just tucked my hair under my armpit just to make sure it is almost BSL! :lol:

This length is long to me:
G187472_b.jpg

FAMUDva said:
Yeah, I've always thought that Kenya has long beautiful hair. I want hair like hers when I grow up.:lol:

Oh my gosh, I KNOW!!!! I just love Kenya's hair. Love it, love it, love it!!!!

goldensensation said:
I vote midback (between bra-strap and waist length).

But yanno, all of this stuff is so relative; especially thickness. Some people call my hair thick and I dont think that it is, especially when I have friends with super thick hair. Rather, I think that my hair is fluffy. When the fluff goes away, there is nothingness and I feel like I have one strand of hair like Homer.

Why am I rambling in Kini's thread?

My bad. :look:

OT: Golden your hair is hella thick and BEUTIFUL! Yeah I misspelled it!:D

I think that long hair is brastrap or longer.

My brastrap is at my midback, anything lower than that is what I call my lower back, then waistlength.

Softresses

one some people shoulder length looks long...
buttt

i have to say brastrap+ is long hair
midback - hiplength = is verylong

I voted mid back. The last time this poll went around I voted BSL. But it seems like the longer my hair gets the longer I think hair has to be to be considered long:confused: . I think this is a mild form of hair anorexia:perplexed

testimony777 said:
I voted mid back. The last time this poll went around I voted BSL. But it seems like the longer my hair gets the longer I think hair has to be to be considered long:confused: . I think this is a mild form of hair anorexia:perplexed

:lol: I am the same way, girl. My standards keep changing as my hair grows. I know Ive gotten real uppity. *smh* :lachen:

Back