What Can We Learn From Asian Women?

I'm not fat, loud or tacky and I do not see black American women acting like this when we travel.

Good thing I was joking about Americans in general. :rolleyes:

If you wanna assume it was meant for BW, that's on you. same way yall immediately assume black people whenever someone says the word "poor" or "welfare" seeing that WP are the highest on welfare. I'd be meanmugging too if I was constantly claiming negative BS.

lesedi said:
If we need to do better, let's do it...but us trying to be 'better' to attract white males or to 'catch up:lachen:' with Asian/white women....we are pathetic.

If the root of this discussion is 'how do we become good like them', then we need Jesus.

And exactly whose definition of 'better' are we using here????

That is exactly what I thought the op meant...which is sad.

If we need to do better, let's do it...but us trying to be 'better' to attract white males or to 'catch up:lachen:' with Asian/white women....we are pathetic.

If the root of this discussion is 'how do we become good like them', then we need Jesus.

And exactly whose definition of 'better' are we using here????

What's your definition of better?

Do you think there ARE things we could learn from asian women?

Good thing I was joking about Americans in general. :rolleyes:

If you wanna assume it was meant for BW, that's on you. same way yall immediately assume black people whenever someone says the word "poor" or "welfare" seeing that WP are the highest on welfare. I'd be meanmugging too if I was constantly claiming negative BS.

If it wasn't you doing it, then it wasn't you.
If you were speaking about Americans in generalities, then you were speaking in generalities.

ok then, no prob. :ohwell:

Katherina said:
It must be a difficult life, thinking everyone is out to get you.

Not sure who this is aimed at, but I've noticed that many members think that everyone is out to get them. It's sad and I'm pretty sure they aren't happy.

What's your definition of better?

Do you think there ARE things we could learn from asian women?

I don't see Asian women as the oracle of knowledge so I'm not trying to base my life on theirs.

My definition of better are decisions that progress us; make us prouder of ourselves and boost our collective self-esteem.

If it wasn't you doing it, then it wasn't you.
If you were speaking about Americans in generalities, then you were speaking in generalities.

ok then, no prob. :ohwell:

I expect better than the WW passive aggressiveness. Im the one making jokes about tourists so yea you are talking to me. Be straight about it. :yep:

The irony is that stereotype is hardly ever directed towards BAs but "backpacking with no destination" WP. No reason to take it to heart

What a mess of a thread.

facepalm.gif

I need to ask all the people saying these women are so sweet, docile etc.. Have you ever worked in corporate America? Trust and believe they get down, AA women don't have a lock on bad attitudes.

I expect better than the WW passive aggressiveness. Im the one making jokes about tourists so yea you are talking to me. Be straight about it. :yep:

The irony is that stereotype is hardly ever directed towards BAs but "backpacking with no destination" WP. No reason to take it to heart
:nono:

It-not-just-about-you-but-if-you-did-make-comments-like-that-you-are-included. m'kay.

N-E way....my beef isn't just centered around tourism. It's comments people make denigrating black Americans on this board. It's frustrating.
I don't think you were the only one making comments about tourist.

Orchid1992 said:
Not sure who this is aimed at, but I've noticed that many members think that everyone is out to get them. It's sad and I'm pretty sure they aren't happy.

I agree. I do wish I had chosen a more positive way to say it, but I feel that if we could just chill out, things would be so much easier.

It was just a random thought, not directed toward any particular person or group of people.

I am not interested in fighting any battle against any group of people; it would ultimately be a battle against myself ...

Better dont give yourself hypertension. Madam US Ambassador :lol:

:nono:

It-not-just-about-you-but-if-you-did-make-comments-like-that-you-are-included. m'kay.

N-E way....my beef isn't just centered around tourism. It's comments people make denigrating black Americans on this board. It's frustrating.

Ok. Seriously now. Other than fasika's comment, where's the denigration?

FelaShrine said:
You would be better off wondering why you think black men arent worthy of your attention. My bad they are just "unattractive"

:lol: don't try and make this about me...especially when I didn't say what's in bold

Better dont give yourself hypertension. Madam US Ambassador :lol:

Ok. Seriously now. Other than fasika's comment, where's the denigration?

The denigration comes up every time there's a thread discussing black Americans vs. non-black Americans. It's not just this thread.

If it's not you doing it, it's not you doing it.

I don't see Asian women as the oracle of knowledge so I'm not trying to base my life on theirs.
maybe I interpreted thread wrong but I don't think (hopefully) that was what OP was trying to imply.
I don't base my life on asian or ww, matter in fact it's not based on any other race and their pr machines

My definition of better are decisions that progress us; make us prouder of ourselves and boost our collective self-esteem.

I think acknowledging that different stereotypes exist and learning how to rig the game in our favor would be a good start:yep:
Observing other races and their use of stereotypes/pr machine might be helpful in this

The denigration comes up every time there's a thread discussing black Americans vs. non-black Americans. It's not just this thread.

If it's not you doing it, it's not you doing it.

Fine, just that it shouldnt be made to seem that, that's all what this thread is about when it was just one person's comment, which I still believe was unnecessary. Oh well.

I think acknowledging that different stereotypes exist and learning how to rig the game in our favor would be a good start:yep:
Observing other races and their use of stereotypes/pr machine might be helpful in this

I don't mind learning from anyone but I'm adverse to acting like another race of women are better than us. There's a lot other women can learn from us too.

But where is this proof that Asian women are doing great? It's bogus to me

Maybe I'm a bit jaded, cos threads like this usually have the same root issue or motive, so I'm not really buying it.

@PinkPeony
Yeah this is what I meant about being strategic in my original post. You said it better and shorter than me :lol:

Last edited:
That same vein of thought is surfacing in this thread aside from the actual topic. We're not talking about brazen ghetto water buffaloes on crack, we're talking about a general hardness (not overly exuberant) and it does show itself in most women, just Black and Latina women have it more. Look at their societal pressures.

And on that note, it's best to be factual and knowledgeable about the topic rather than regurgitating the same old vomit of "you all have poor morals and present like animals" kinda mentality. That fart is smelled miles away and cannot be muffled. We hear, see and smell ya coming. Stop it now before you are slain. Talk in generalities pertinent to the topic but not in stereotypical and xenophobic overt generalities. Lay down the truth of the matter PRESENTED...not your individual cultural prejudice. Oy vey.

This post right here makes me want to go back to school. :lol: Your vocabulary is vicious (in a good way).

Back