Super Growout Challenge ***Update Month 1***

Copying and pasting from my other thread:

Also, I will be on the Dominican Salon Challenge from now until the big W!

My hair now is in need of a trim, but I'm scared and don't know who to go to get a trim, I tried to dust it myself, but I can't see the back to do it. I would ask my FI, but if he messes up I'll have to kill him. :angry2:

My bangs, I love them! :clap: I trimmed them this weekend and have decided that I'm going to keep them! :woot: I have put my goal hair in my sig and will keep it there as a constant reminder.

My layers, I hate them and I cannot wait until they grow out some more. I am debating whether to let the back grow one or two more inches and then keeping it that length by trimming until the back layers and sides catch up like my old chyna bob pic.

ETA: My hair as of this weekend:
mefront-vi.jpg
meback-vi.jpg

My #1 HAIR GOAL:
chinabob1_frontvi-vi.jpg
chinabob2_backvi-vi.jpg

ETA: Monthly update pics here --> http://public.fotki.com/knwill/super_grow_out_chal/

Last edited:
I am doing very well on the challenge. I am always amazed by how my hair is growing (despite the extremely slow growth rate) when I take my braids out and comb my hair out. I totally believe in the crown & glory technique. It has worked so well on my hair even with not using any extensions. I don't know when I officially started consistently using the technique (maybe July or so) so I set my start date to the start of this challenge and I at the end of the challenge I will flat iron my hair to see just how much my hair has grown. Even though my hair isn't growing any faster through washing/conditioning it daily I know that it has contributed to the length that I have retained and has turned my 4a/b hair (with one year of new growth) into the most manageable that my hair has ever been.

NGC checkin' in!

I am doing well overall. I have deviated from my posted regime. I blew my hair dry for the first time in over 2.5 years and french braided it. This was on the 23rd (I think). Since then, I've taken my hair down everyday, oiled it and then braided it back up. I wear a silk scarf and satin bonnet as soon as I get in the house.
Since I don't want to apply heat consistently on my hair, I will be wearing this at least another 6 days, :eek:. I plan on doing a dry rollerset (only for pics) and after that I'll go back to my washing routine.

I'm happy with my hair and if my genes are willing, I might make it to waistlength by mid-year 2006. :grin:

ms_kenesha said:
Copying and pasting from my other thread:

Also, I will be on the Dominican Salon Challenge from now until the big W!

My hair now is in need of a trim, but I'm scared and don't know who to go to get a trim, I tried to dust it myself, but I can't see the back to do it. I would ask my FI, but if he messes up I'll have to kill him. :angry2:

My bangs, I love them! :clap: I trimmed them this weekend and have decided that I'm going to keep them! :woot: I have put my goal hair in my sig and will keep it there as a constant reminder.

My layers, I hate them and I cannot wait until they grow out some more. I am debating whether to let the back grow one or two more inches and then keeping it that length by trimming until the back layers and sides catch up like my old chyna bob pic.

ETA: My hair as of this weekend:
mefront-vi.jpg
meback-vi.jpg

My #1 HAIR GOAL:
chinabob1_frontvi-vi.jpg
chinabob2_backvi-vi.jpg

ETA: Monthly update pics here --> http://public.fotki.com/knwill/super_grow_out_chal/
Your hair is looking absolutely fabulous!! Keep up the good work. You will be back to your old length in no time at all!!

LiLi said:
I am doing very well on the challenge. I am always amazed by how my hair is growing (despite the extremely slow growth rate) when I take my braids out and comb my hair out. I totally believe in the crown & glory technique. It has worked so well on my hair even with not using any extensions. I don't know when I officially started consistently using the technique (maybe July or so) so I set my start date to the start of this challenge and I at the end of the challenge I will flat iron my hair to see just how much my hair has grown. Even though my hair isn't growing any faster through washing/conditioning it daily I know that it has contributed to the length that I have retained and has turned my 4a/b hair (with one year of new growth) into the most manageable that my hair has ever been.
Simply Wonderful!!

NGC said:
NGC checkin' in!

I am doing well overall. I have deviated from my posted regime. I blew my hair dry for the first time in over 2.5 years and french braided it. This was on the 23rd (I think). Since then, I've taken my hair down everyday, oiled it and then braided it back up. I wear a silk scarf and satin bonnet as soon as I get in the house.
Since I don't want to apply heat consistently on my hair, I will be wearing this at least another 6 days, :eek:. I plan on doing a dry rollerset (only for pics) and after that I'll go back to my washing routine.

I'm happy with my hair and if my genes are willing, I might make it to waistlength by mid-year 2006. :grin:
Girl, what do you mean "might make it to waistlength"? You will make it to waistlength. I am routing for ya!!;)

jasmin said:
I've been close to being consistent. My hair is growing nicely. The only problem is that I'm going through this shedding stage. It's slowing down though. I've been moisturizing more consistently. Went back to UBH creme moisturizer. I'm just going to stick with that and castor oil. Basically I'm going to just stick with everything that worked for my hair in the past. The only thing I have left to buy is Sebastian coloushines and a good strong protein to help with this shedding.
Great!! Stick to what works!

i want to join the challenge. I started a pretty solid regimen in Dec. and i have been pretty consitent. I had one slip up I started using poo to much so I going to do cw for a while until the moisture returns.

overnightcelebrity said:
i want to join the challenge. I started a pretty solid regimen in Dec. and i have been pretty consitent. I had one slip up I started using poo to much so I going to do cw for a while until the moisture returns.
So glad to have you!! :yep:

Please add me to the challenge. I've been wearing box braids since around Dec. 23rd, and plan to have the redone during spring break (2nd week in March). I shampoo every week or so with Dr. Bronner's Pepermint soap, and I've been using Minoval twice daily, and surging somewhat consistently. So far, I have about 3/4 inch of new growth if not more.

Everything is going great. My hair has grown about 2 inches and I am almost 9 weeks post of a relaxer. I am still following my weekly regimen and everything is going ok.

Checking in

My hair is looking healthier than ever since I trimmed about an inch off of it. I am also being consistent with the surge and I will try to have some pictures up in the next few weeks (no digital cam:ohwell: )

Good luck everyone

I'm still going strong. I've been consistent washing 2-3 times each week, moisturizing every night, cholesterol treatment once ea. week, and 24/7 baggy. I haven't been consistent with my vitamin or carrot juice challenges mainly because I'm doing the Master Cleanser fast (day 7 :D !). I will begin those two challenges next week (15 weeks for the carrot juice challenge). I don't know how long my hair is. I'll post updated pics when I get a touch up in June.

peace,
mzjones

Covagirlm said:
Checking in

My hair is looking healthier than ever since I trimmed about an inch off of it. I am also being consistent with the surge and I will try to have some pictures up in the next few weeks (no digital cam:ohwell: )

Good luck everyone

Same hear. Although I've been doing some shedding my hair is actually is thicker.

I'm doing okay. I got a trim last month, but I'm stilling have trouble with airdrying. I can't stop my ends from frizzing up. Sunday I did a decent airdried rollerset for being 12 weeks post relaxer.

I am a lot better, had to post about severe breakage I was having. You ladies sorted me out- Thanks. Had a big cut to get rid of dead dry ends. My hair is healthier and not breaking trying to stretch to 12 weeks b 4 I relax. Feel really motivated at the moment, took a picture of my hair. I have already nearly grown out my haircut. Its growing like WEEDS!!!!! Its never grown like this in my life

Can wait to see what lies ahead for me

Kizzy x

Hey Ladies!

I'm checking in. I have tried to be consistent with my regimen. I have been pretty good. I am currently trying to decide whether or not I should get a big cut now or wait for a few months. We'll see.

Take care!!!!

well im very happy. i did ANOTHER trim abour six weeks ago (1-2 inches) and im proud to say most of it has GROWN BACK!! im down with lunar trimming, which means ill be trimming tomorrow. ive learned my lesson, that i need a regimented trim schedule in order to prevent a mess.
i havent been washing as much as id like, thanks to our broken showerr filter. i know washing in our hard water is the path to damage for me.
ive been using honey and water as a leavein and shea butter of kemi pomade to seal. my hair feels lush and healthy.
ive stopped on the vitamins since i detoxed a couple weeks ago. i will cut out MSM because it made my curl looser and in turn, frizzier. i will keep it arouund for joint pain.
im not measuring, but so far so good!

I had a minor set back,but I think I've solved it. I had bit of breakage following a second Aphogee treatment in a month (silly me trying to get my hair super strong). But I've giving my injured locks TLC with daily CO washes and moisutizing conditioners (no protein), and my breakage is just about gone. I do like my length, I'm not sure weather I've grown much in the last month as my hair is texturized near the roots. But it feels longer:lol: .

Shellzfo checkin up in this mo fo! Check me in cause i'm here! I don't know why my hair grows so slowly because I take vitamins and try to drink water. I don't know, but I'm feeling a little newgrowth (not enough to measure though) and my scalp is starting to get sore. I trimmed my ends all over two weeks ago and only use two daily products. Mizani Rose Water and Design Essential Oils. I also bought Aphogee Reconstructor for breakage/strength and I could tell a hell of a difference. I also learned that washing my hair several times a week, well, ain't working. I will wash my hair every two weeks. Also, at the beginning of March, I plan to get microbraids.

Back